VN Ren'Py Eternal Bonds [Development Thread]

GrayWaves

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2021
1636154000598.png

Welcome on the development thread of Eternal Bonds !

Game Download Thread : https://f95zone.to/threads/eternal-bonds-v0-1-petrichor-studio.101019/#post-7041187

Eternal Bonds is planned to be a character-driven story. It will be a eroge visual novel in the narrating style of classic japanese eroge.

There will be few protagonists. 4 girls are planned for the 1st Act but that will allow to go into deeper relationships between the girls and the hero.

The story is in a medieval fantasy settings. Even though the first 4 girls are humans you can expect to encounter all kind of sexy creatures after the 1st Act ;)

The game is using renpy as the main engine and use koikatsu studio for 3d modeling for creating the Characters and CGs. However, all backgrounds in the game are in an abstract-ish painting style. screenshot0001.png
screenshot0002.png
Those kind of background are trying to give a special "cachet" to the game and make you feel being in a weird and enchanted place.

Plot
"After the death of your old friend, you act on your promise and go investigate on a mysterious curse affecting the isolated city of Yomall.
Even though your main goal is to solve the mystery, you are tired from the years of constant action and you seek to rest in a peaceful place. And Yomall is the perfect place.
The city is lost in the middle on the mountains and has almost no interaction with the outside worlds. Also, you heard that the women there are pretty and not very busy... A peaceful place with beautiful girls ? What else can you ask ? Maybe it wont be so bad if you have to stay there forever...

After all, I have the eternity for myself..."

Characters Presentation

Nivi Deyomall
Presentation Nivixcf.png
Nivi is an important individual in Yomall even if she would have preferred not to. She do not like the city and the inhabitant for a reason unknown to even herself. She just can't like the only place she knows. This is causing her to be deeply alone.
As manager of the only inn of the city, she will be the first to be introduced to the hero. Very fast something will connect between you two. Something is missing and it seems, you could help her understand that and find the reason.
She's very emotive and very easy to read. Once trust is gained, she likes being be sassy and playful. Sharp jokes are the funniest after all...

Beatrice Nyx
Presentation Beatrice.png

Beatrice Nyx is one of the less know personalities of the city. She is known as the Hidden Witch because she always wears a hat with a broken tip. Even if she own the biggest building in the whole city, she's almost never seen. She's never leave her manor for years. It's not like she hates people but she just don't have the time to spare. Her research are more important than everything else and she choose this place to be alone. But does she really want the loneliness ?
She rarely show any expression other than cold staring. She was never good at showing emotions since her childhood but because of the lack of human interaction, she's getting worse at it.
Your first encounter with her is... kinda awkward. But it's salvageable. And with time, you'll teach her how to express emotions, good or bad and discover an another life.

Planned Tags (still subject to modification) for 1st Arc : Story-Heavy, Vaginal Sex, Anal Sex, Bondage, Collar, Witch, Maid, Rape...

A censored version will also exist separately removing all sex scenes.

Release planning :
Each chapter will need between 2 weeks to 1 months to be released. All those will amount to the completion of the 1st Act of the game and it will be the version 1.0 that could be considered as a stand alone game.
A chapter is planned to be between 10 min and 15 min of gameplay. For the 1st Act, there will be the intro + 3 chapters for each girl so it would be about 10 chapters for 2 hours of game time.

This main thread will update regularly with new stuffs as I progress in the devs.

Game Download Thread : https://f95zone.to/threads/eternal-bonds-v0-1-petrichor-studio.101019/#post-7041187

Platforms :
Itch.io :
Patreon :
Youtube :
Twitter :

Last edited:

GrayWaves

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2021
New Character Presentation !

Nivi Deyomall

Nivi is an important individual in Yomall even if she would have preferred not to. She do not like the city and the inhabitant for a reason unknown to even herself. She just can't like the only place she knows. This is causing her to be deeply alone.
As manager of the only inn of the city, she will be the first to be introduced to the hero. Very fast something will connect between you two. Something is missing and it seems, you could help her understand that and find the reason.
She's very emotive and very easy to read. Once trust is gained, she likes being be sassy and playful. Sharp jokes are the funniest after all...

Last edited:

GrayWaves

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2021
New Character !

Beatrice Nyx

Beatrice Nyx is one of the less know personalities of the city. She is known as the Hidden Witch because she always wears a hat with a broken tip. Even if she own the biggest building in the whole city, she's almost never seen. She's never leave her manor for years. It's not like she hates people but she just don't have the time to spare. Her research are more important than everything else and she choose this place to be alone. But does she really want the loneliness ?
She rarely show any expression other than cold staring. She was never good at showing emotions since her childhood but because of the lack of human interaction, she's getting worse at it.
Your first encounter with her is... kinda awkward. But it's salvageable. And with time, you'll teach her how to express emotions, good or bad and discover an another life.

GrayWaves

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2021
Hello everyone !

I'm happy to release the chapter 1 of Eternal Bonds !

It's a bit short and serve only as an introduction but I hope you enjoy it !

And with that, here's the opening video for the game !

To download the game, go on my itch.io page :

Some additional information !

I created the Petrichor Studio. I will now publish Eternal Bonds under this name on youtube, patreon and itch.io, this way I can be more flexible with the way I handle the work and make it easier to add people on the project.
So yeah, it changes nothing for now. It's just some branding stuff.

GrayWaves

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2021
Weekly report #2

Hi everyone, I hope you're doing well !

I, personally, do well. I made good progress on the chapter 2 of the game and will probably be released around mid december (10-15). The chapter is almost finished and I'll be doing some peer review this week to check if everything works like it should.

I took a lot of time to work on several animations this week but I made it work ! They will appear only in the non-censored version (so you can guess what kind of animation it is :3).

See you next week for the (hopefully) release of chapter 2 !

GrayWaves

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2021
Weekly Report #3

Hi guys !

Unfortunately, no release of the chapter 1 yet. It's still waiting for a review but it will be release next week for sure !

But I'm already working on the chapter 2 and I can announce the coming of a new character. She wasn't present at the start but she blended herself seamlessly in the story, I couldn't deny it.

So yeah, new character ! I'm still designing her and you can expect more news between the release of chapter 1 et 2.

Thanks for following !

Reactions: Harem Trooper

GrayWaves

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2021
Weekly Report #4

No new chapter coming out this week once again. There are some corrections to make and some changes in the general direction of the game.

I wanted to include a sex scene early in the game but to make it natural in the game progression. But It was a rape scene and it would deviate too much from the general atmosphere of the game. It would gave the wrong expectation of the rest of the game.

So I will confirm it here, the game will be vanilla in the sex scenes.

Also, I want to interactions with the different protagonists to conclude into meaningful moments. I want the story to flow naturally and bring the sex scenes and others at the good times. Clearly, this is a story first and an eroge second.

About the narration, I want the game to fully embrace the weirdness of the visuals, with a chill ambience and contemplative moments.

I making a change to the release schedule. At the start, I thought each chapter would only focus and advance on a single protagonist at a time. But it's too much of a constraint on the narration. So I decided to abandon that. Also, I felt that releasing 10-15 min chapters was a bit too few. Because I don't have the constraint anymore I can make them bigger now. So expect at least 30 min per new release (but I'll try to make them 1 hour). Unfortunately, it doesn't mean that I can produce them twice as fast (I'm still working full time) but at least they will be more consistent.

That means that the next chapter will come later (probably late January) but with way more content.