Fapparition

Dec 25, 2022
Maybe a bit, but mostly I just love drama. Tragic, cruel things happening to fictional characters is fun. Plus, if a developer has that ending in their game they're going to have a lot of variety and that's always fun to go through to see all the differences.
I sense an NTR enjoyer :Kappa:

jefi2000

Apr 23, 2020
Dunno if this has been posted here before, but here are all the text boxes from Anima's story. So you can use it as a reference if you don't have a save there. Like, if you want to check something or want to make a point in a debate.

Of course it spoils that backstory. So don't click it if you haven't read about Anima yet and don't wanna be spoiled. Oh and don't show them to others unspoilered, please.

In double spoilers.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
People should really read up on the story of Eros and Psyche if they want to have an insight into how Cari is borrowing from the Greek mythos. Anima means "soul", soul in Greek is Psyche, Psyche was a mortal woman whom fell in love with Eros (cupid), one aspect of the story sees her open a box containing a death-like sleep of which she is awakened from by Eros. There's a bunch of other things like this in the story, such as Ogygia being the server where you find Calypso and the Island of Ogygia being the home of the nymph Calypso, daughter of the Titan, Atlas. Hell, even Caribds' name is a modification of Charybdis the Greek sea monster.

Das_Peanut

Oct 7, 2021
People should really read up on the story of Eros and Psyche if they want to have an insight into how Cari is borrowing from the Greek mythos. Anima means "soul", soul in Greek is Psyche, Psyche was a mortal woman whom fell in love with Eros (cupid), one aspect of the story sees her open a box containing a death-like sleep of which she is awakened from by Eros. There's a bunch of other things like this in the story, such as Ogygia being the server where you find Calypso and the Island of Ogygia being the home of the nymph Calypso, daughter of the Titan, Atlas. Hell, even Caribds' name is a modification of Charybdis the Greek sea monster.
Caribdis is not so much a modification of Charybdis as the same word in Spanish (and Portuguese, if you add an acute accent to the second vowel), which makes sense, given that the dev is a Spaniard. As for the classical inspirations, there was a discussion on the matter some pages back, around late august. I recall Dorfnutter pointing out the coincidence between the number of LIs and the Pleiades (the nymphs whom Orion pursues), but I'm far too lazy to search for it. You should have no trouble finding it, if you are interested.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Finuee

1000Spiders

Aug 17, 2022
Any theories on why current (0.7) Orion looks so different from his 0.1 appearance?

best bets include:
-100% compatibility
-since Dalia mentioned that improving one's body in the "real world" also improves it in Eternum, somehow unlocking his powers in Eternum caused the same effect in the real world.

View attachment 4033160
My theory is the dev getting better at his job. The model itself looks the same in both of those shots, but the lighting is much better in the second and that's what makes it look better. Cari's skills are improving, not MC's body.

MAGO-DAG

Forum Fanatic
Sep 1, 2023
I have another question not related to the discussion, What surprised me most when I started 0.6.0 with the change in Mc's appearance was the eyes, especially the high-quality pupil and sclera on the eyes.
I mean watch look at the latest update and how the pupil moves like reality, in my opinion this is rarely seen in avn's... :)

Last edited:

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
There's also Orion and how his character development mirrors that of his mythological namesake (i.e. him becoming more "giant-like," his obsession with crossbows and one of the selectable alias options being The Huntsman corresponding to his mythological namesake's hunter background, him romantically pursuing 7 main LIs who coincidentally are the same number as the Pleiades who his mythological counterpart pursued (and also conveniently happen to be related to Calypso), him becoming more arrogant which ultimately led to him being shot by an insignificant druggie which mirrors his mythological namesake arrogantly proclaiming he is the best hunter of all until he got stung by a normal scorpion and died as a result), said mythological namesake's connection to the dead in the Odyssey (Odysseus saw Orion in the underworld as a shade hunting for beasts there, which also mirrors Orion's mysterious powers making him more shade-like), Penny and Calypso being major characters in the Odyssey, the letter that the Syndicate gives to Orion containing the Ephesia Grammata which is linked to the Cult of Artemis (which is again linked to Orion's mythological namesake given his connection to Artemis)...

...yeah, there's just a lot of these Greek Myth references in the story if you know where to look.

Fapparition

Dec 25, 2022
That ability to change or alter his own body IRL might be the answer to the latest cliffhanger. I mean as he's doing it subconsciously we cannot really know the full potential, the ceiling of the ability. What else can he possibly do with his body? How drastic this alteration can be?

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 959 Votes