bitofaperv

Dec 20, 2022
Sadly, there will be a very long time before a HS2 successor comes.
If AI tools in the 3D space start showing the gains we've seen in large language models recently, then there is a very good chance that we're going to be able to use blender in the same way as Daz in the near future - where we can click on an AI plugin, ask it do create a prop or scene, and have it do so, with only minor manual adjustments to be made.

There's already ways of using a blender AI mesh tool and Unreal's meta human application to make a whole game ready 3D model in 30 mins - the only problem being that it requires good images from front, side and perspective to base the model from. Cascadeur has great AI tools for animation where you can import a rig and have an animation generated to suit it. It's not exactly user friendly at the moment, but we'll get there, and at higher quality soon.

There won't be an HS2 successor, but when we can use AI to give us the convenience of all the HS2 assets, poses, and animations in a much more robust 3D program like blender, we could really get some fucking amazing AVNs with distinctive art styles and incredible lighting. One person will eventually be able to pump out enough assets for truly custom AVN art to be possible.

This is the dream use of AI for me, not AICG crap, but the ability for a single author to achieve a grander vision on a reasonable time scale.

WayneDwayne

Jul 23, 2022
If AI tools in the 3D space start showing the gains we've seen in large language models recently, then there is a very good chance that we're going to be able to use blender in the same way as Daz in the near future - where we can click on an AI plugin, ask it do create a prop or scene, and have it do so, with only minor manual adjustments to be made.

There's already ways of using a blender AI mesh tool and Unreal's meta human application to make a whole game ready 3D model in 30 mins - the only problem being that it requires good images from front, side and perspective to base the model from. Cascadeur has great AI tools for animation where you can import a rig and have an animation generated to suit it. It's not exactly user friendly at the moment, but we'll get there, and at higher quality soon.

There won't be an HS2 successor, but when we can use AI to give us the convenience of all the HS2 assets, poses, and animations in a much more robust 3D program like blender, we could really get some fucking amazing AVNs with distinctive art styles and incredible lighting. One person will eventually be able to pump out enough assets for truly custom AVN art to be possible.

This is the dream use of AI for me, not AICG crap, but the ability for a single author to achieve a grander vision on a reasonable time scale.
that's not gonna happen anytime soon lmao dude

Jonmanchu

Apr 15, 2024

We will have that before gta 6

• Angry
Reactions: S3KR3T

Pervy Hermit

Aug 20, 2024
I'm more into japanese visual novels, but I think this game is solid as my misgivings are mostly with general western AVN approaches of the main character (not that the JP studios are different with rarely changing what works
:KEK:).

So without further ado, time to make me unpopular :p - What I like: The girls are top. Nova is hilarious and the comedy music that plays when she's involved in non-serious moments like during the "conference call" after the first events with Callypso was spot on. The VR MMO approach of Eternum is quite good and reminds me somewhat of Sword Art Online with its realism setting (and chance to die IRL if you die in the game, albeit apparently only under certain circumstances). The mystery server was creepy as F, and I would probably never "touch" this MMO if it existed IRL as I don't like free-for-all PvP as a huge scaredy cat lol. Looking at you Thanatos. The songs during lewd scenes is also something which I think is a cool idea in AVNs (something Japanese ones don't use in these moments) + the general BGM is great.

What I don't like: Alex's idiot brother as a rival feels too black or white as in it seems he only exists to increase angsty drama and the simping level for Orion (from the readers), though I won't deny that I also simply don't enjoy overly hostile "rivals". I hope he either grows up after realizing/accepting that his dad is trash or the truth of his friend's death OR he doesn't overstay his "welcome" in the long run.
Also Orion's haircut :LOL:. Oh and sorry, but the sex scenes are eh. This has nothing to do with Caribdis, but the general western AVN execution of making the MC into a big thong personified sex god with whom everyone gets "addicted" after the first multisession romp (from what I skimmed through of Penny or Nova's scenes) for lack of a better expression.

Reactions: BadNewsJimmy

j01ntr0l1a

Mar 23, 2022
I'm more into japanese visual novels, but I think this game is solid as my misgivings are mostly with general western AVN approaches of the main character (not that the JP studios are different with rarely changing what works

So without further ado, time to make me unpopular :p - What I like: The girls are top. Nova is hilarious and the comedy music that plays when she's involved in non-serious moments like during the "conference call" after the first events with Callypso was spot on. The VR MMO approach of Eternum is quite good and reminds me somewhat of Sword Art Online with its realism setting (and chance to die IRL if you die in the game, albeit apparently only under certain circumstances). The mystery server was creepy as F, and I would probably never "touch" this MMO if it existed IRL as I don't like free-for-all PvP as a huge scaredy cat lol. Looking at you Thanatos. The songs during lewd scenes is also something which I think is a cool idea in AVNs (something Japanese ones don't use in these moments) + the general BGM is great.

What I don't like: Alex's idiot brother as a rival feels too black or white as in it seems he only exists to increase angsty drama and the simping level for Orion (from the readers), though I won't deny that I also simply don't enjoy overly hostile "rivals". I hope he either grows up after realizing/accepting that his dad is trash or the truth of his friend's death OR he doesn't overstay his "welcome" in the long run.
Also Orion's haircut :LOL:. Oh and sorry, but the sex scenes are eh. This has nothing to do with Caribdis, but the general western AVN execution of making the MC into a big thong personified sex god with whom everyone gets "addicted" after the first multisession romp (from what I skimmed through of Penny or Nova's scenes) for lack of a better expression.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The Senior Perv

May 4, 2022

RDT_20240917_0754241835662597688120808.png

diras2010

Nov 4, 2017

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Speaking of that, you NEED TO BE A PATREON SUPPORTER to be able to interact in the Discord... that's a shitty move
Cari and his moderators made it that way because they kept having issues with bots, raiders, and pirates posting DL links to leaked versions of the game. Sooo, can't really blame them for putting some sort of stopgap to all of that bullcrap.

MAGO-DAG

Forum Fanatic
Sep 1, 2023
TL;DR, Jerry's a rat working for Thanatos and/or William, and is leaking info of Orion's gem and artifact hunting activities to them.
Although, nothing is impossible. Sometimes the most unexpected and quiet character may not be the one you imagined.
This could fit into the plot, if you look at the fact that many thought that Alex's brother could be a sworn enemy and then it turned out differently, as we see, he quickly gave in and warned Orion about something...
So can expect anything from Jerry

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
I mean...yeah, how Thanatos always shows up right after Orion and the Crew got the Gems and Caly still is a mystery.
And Jerry looking like a stupid idiot and Dalia simp only to reveal himself at some point as "somewhat" of an evil mastermind...

Of course the problem is that he knows Dalia personally, so it would be somewhat of a major coincident that he would by chance know and kinda play together with the one woman that gets on the trail of one of the gems. Except if he made the deal with Thanatos because he and Dalia were on the trail of the gem. Then again: Would Jerry really share that with Thanatos, losing his own chance to get a gem?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: MAGO-DAG

bitofaperv

Dec 20, 2022
Speaking of that, you NEED TO BE A PATREON SUPPORTER to be able to interact in the Discord... that's a shitty move
No it's not. You can talk about the game here.

You're getting the game for free. It's such a fucking entitled thing to complain about needing to drop $2 to use the author's discord when there is no paywall on the game itself.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I mean...yeah, how Thanatos always shows up right after Orion and the Crew got the Gems and Caly still is a mystery.
And Jerry looking like a stupid idiot and Dalia simp only to reveal himself at some point as "somewhat" of an evil mastermind...

Of course the problem is that he knows Dalia personally, so it would be somewhat of a major coincident that he would by chance know and kinda play together with the one woman that gets on the trail of one of the gems. Except if he made the deal with Thanatos because he and Dalia were on the trail of the gem. Then again: Would Jerry really share that with Thanatos, losing his own chance to get a gem?
I feel like if the "Thanatos is an NPC" theory is true then that could explain it: Jerry has some sort of means to control Thanny which he plans to exploit later on once the latter secures the gems. Of course, it's likely going to backfire on Jerry's face because...well...Thanatos.

If not, then it could be that he has some sort of plan to steal the gems from Thanatos once the latter has them all...which again WILL blow up in his face. But Jerry has always been delusional so he might think he has some sort of chance against him when the time comes (except he doesn't). :HideThePain:

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Seems unlikely, tbh. Too much of a stretch. Jerry was already doing what he does (sucking up to Dalia through Eternum) before Orion became a big deal. He already knew her in person, too.
True. And I admit I'm skeptical as well. Still, if there's one person in the group who'll likely have a traitor moment at some point, it won't surprise me if that ends up being Jerry. :whistle:

jefi2000

Apr 23, 2020
If only we human mortals could just insanely ripped by playing video games. It would be a nice perk.

Although, it would be a bit of a double-edged sword because without any sacrifice or effort to achieve the goal, it kind of loses it's value.
As someone who is actually ripped and plays video games, it's really not that hard at all. With the right diet and two 60 minute gym sessions a week interspersed with a couple of free weight sessions at home and a bit of cycling, rowing machine or running you'll notice changes in about 6-8 weeks, do it for a year and you'll be surprised at how good you look.

4.80 star(s) 959 Votes