VN Unity Completed Ethereal Enigma [Ep. 5] [PixelFade Inc]

1.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Rhododendron

Oct 28, 2019
I'm assuming there are two routes, one for the blonde tsundere and the other for the black-haired emotionless girl.
The blonde tsundere is basically copy-pasted from their previous game (they even have the same name), but bitchier. And both of them are copy-pasted from the tsundere character in their previous previous game.

Not that I mind, but having a little variation would be nice.
Shame, I liked tsundere in their first game because it felt more like they were poking fun on the whole tsundere thing, It got really old really fast in second game though

Reactions: Asia Argento

Maskmaker

Jan 31, 2018
The thing that's unique about PixelFade is they have quality English voice acting. The fact they animate their characters makes the semi-anime artstyle more tolerable too.

HeroicLegend

Jan 13, 2019
PixelFade Studios produce some really good non-sexual visual novels. They're more focused on building relationships between the MC and their characters. Ace Academy was their first VN and it still is probably my favorite game from them. Crystalline was a step up in terms of a technical way and they're using what they learned from that game for this one. The English voice acting is really good for a Western visual novel (these guys are Canadian). I'm getting this game for free for STEAM whenever they release all of their episodes for it. I'm not too sure of who you can romance in this game since I've been keeping myself spoiler free of anything related to it, but I'm looking forward to it.

Zastinx

Feb 18, 2018
PixelFade Studios produce some really good non-sexual visual novels. They're more focused on building relationships between the MC and their characters. Ace Academy was their first VN and it still is probably my favorite game from them. Crystalline was a step up in terms of a technical way and they're using what they learned from that game for this one. The English voice acting is really good for a Western visual novel (these guys are Canadian). I'm getting this game for free for STEAM whenever they release all of their episodes for it. I'm not too sure of who you can romance in this game since I've been keeping myself spoiler free of anything related to it, but I'm looking forward to it.
Ace Academy was the only one I found to be any good. I liked it so much and feel it just went downhill with Crystalline after that being locked to that really dull character.

topboy

Dec 16, 2019
For whoever want episode 4 download from #15 (#1 is only episode 3) u can just extract it over same old folder then continued from your old episode 3 ended save

Thank for update to episode 4.

RoadWulf

Engaged Member
Nov 18, 2018
It's nice that there's more routes than Crystalline, though I did immensely enjoy that title.

That said, usually in these games there's a clear moment when you're past the point of no return with one of the girls and it doesn't seem like that in this one so far. It's entirely possible to string them both along for awhile.

RoadWulf

Engaged Member
Nov 18, 2018
I personally like the idea of having different choices for who I can date, but I will say Crystalline's single choice waifu was a good idea, it allowed the game to focus on spreading the relationship and giving it more time to blossom. But having more than one choice of who to date does make it worth another playthrough just to see what the other choices and CGs are like
I get the feeling that the choice of girl in this one will help determine the ending, in almost a similar fashion to Crystaline.

Do you stay here with Kira or go to Velden with Erilynn?

RoadWulf

Engaged Member
Nov 18, 2018
For games like these where there is no sex scenes, I prefer less options for romance. Two or three is fine because it allows the developers to focus on making the story as best they can, instead of having to write the story from so many perspectives and spending tons of time just writing alternate dialogue based on the characters feelings towards the MC
It's why I thought Crystaline was better from them. The player either had a relationship with Leanna or didn't. The other girls were out of bound.

Asia Argento

The Golden Dragon Princess
Donor
Apr 14, 2020
Ace Academy was the only one I found to be any good. I liked it so much and feel it just went downhill with Crystalline after that being locked to that really dull character.
You and me both... I kinda dropped it... kinda hoping this isnt them coasting on AA like Crystaline was...

_taki

Aug 14, 2020
Hey again. How to change binds? I can not find any file with them. I am using Xbox Controller, also i would like to change on keyboard too. Thank You.

victoryroad

Jul 22, 2017
If anyone wants to support the developers,all Pixelfade VN's are on sale on Steam right now

They also have a patreon

Fox.Mulder

Jul 31, 2017
So is this game completed now, with episode 5 being out? I only noticed because it was on the front page of Steam and wondered if this was the last one? I don't really fancy playing an incomplete VN like this.

_taki

Aug 14, 2020
So is this game completed now, with episode 5 being out? I only noticed because it was on the front page of Steam and wondered if this was the last one? I don't really fancy playing an incomplete VN like this.
Steam version has 5 episodes.

But default binds / keys are so annoying in this game. Only Enter, ctrl and mouse 1/2. No any option to do custom binds / keys.

Last edited:
1.00 star(s) 1 Vote