Etiquette on following other F95zone members

Staimh

Dec 12, 2020
I might just be paranoid, too paranoid

If you get an alert telling you a member is following you
A member you have never previously been aware of
And a quick check on their avatar indicates they been a member for over two years and have so far contributed zero messages
And an attempt to check their profile is met with
"Oops! We ran into some problems."
"This member limits who may view their full profile. "
Which I think means on their profile they have selected "Nobody" for " Allow users to… View your details on your profile page: " . There is a "People you follow" option here which would make more sense to me. If you're going to follow others.

Do you: Attempt to contact them ? Deliberately "Ignore" them ? Deliberately "Follow" them back ? or Take no notice ?
Subsequent edit: I'll probably just do nothing then (story of my life)

Also is there a place in my profile where I can see a list of others currently following me ?
Subsequent edit: This one answered thank you fitgirlbestgirl it's listed above the trophies and below the signature in the about section of my profile

Last edited:

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Take no notice. The other choices are mostly meaningless. Them following you gives them no non-public insight into your behaviour. They basically get alerts to what you've posted publicly.

Attempt to contact them: why? If they wanted to converse, they'd have tried that themselves.
Ignore them: blocks you from seeing their messages (that they aren't making) and attempts they make to contact you. It doesn't block them, so what's the point?
Following them back: why? Do you want to see their public posts they aren't making?

I don't think there is a accessible list of people following you. If you want, adjust your profile for tighter security.

Reactions: Staimh

Staimh

Dec 12, 2020
You don't do anything besides basking in the glory of knowing that you're incredibly important and interesting. At least to some person. You can see all your followers and who you follow in your "About" section on your profile.
So definitely you shouldn't start a thread which makes it clear you've never been incredibly important and interesting enough before to have witnessed this particular phenomenon

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
You don't do anything besides basking in the glory of knowing that you're incredibly important and interesting. At least to some person. You can see all your followers and who you follow in your "About" section on your profile.
I can see whom I follow (no one), but I don't see a category for who is following me.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I just take it as a compliment. Presumably either someone likes my mod or they find whatever it is I'm commenting on interesting enough to want to see what I have to say on other things.

Empiric

Throbbing Member
Respected User
Game Developer
Jan 13, 2020
You collect followers, sort of like you'd collect Pokemon. You can also train them, so they get more points, or give them items.
Once you are confident enough, you can battle other users with their own followers. The follower with higher reaction score usually wins, but there are also some legendary followers, in their respective tiers (uploaders, mods, etc.).

rk-47

Jun 27, 2020
Usually lurkers that just download games and lurk certain threads, probably liked a few comments you made hence the follow
Still, the private profile crap can get a little annoying

Mar 11, 2018
Tfw you casually post replies on any social media, but people still follow you and you receive that "I am a messiah, bow before me you peasants!" accomplishment moment lol. But as others implied, following anyone or being followed by anyone is as useless as reddit karma points. Though, not going to prevent people from making friends online. Better have someone to talk to than locking yourself from the inside.

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
You collect followers, sort of like you'd collect Pokemon. You can also train them, so they get more points, or give them items.
Once you are confident enough, you can battle other users with their own followers. The follower with higher reaction score usually wins, but there are also some legendary followers, in their respective tiers (uploaders, mods, etc.).
Gotta catch em' all!

I just looked at my count and I have exactly 30 followers rn :)

Reactions: Crazycarzom