Daz european style assets

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
After browsing for a long time through several websites, it appears that there are not many assets that resemble European flair.

There is an asset for an apartment (i am using) but not much more.
In the game Room2Rent there are stairs and apartment buildings. I wish i knew where they are from.

Are there websites that have assets like that?
Houses, Apartments, Stairs, Streets...
(There are some assets but mostly southern Europe.)

I wish i were good to create them. But i think that would take me years to learn.
It seems that DAZ is more or less a representation of the US world with not much diversity of the world.

Anyway, if someone know where you can get assets like that, i would appreciate it.

There is also Urban Living which represents a British style complex.

Thanks so much.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Try searching for 3d assets that are not just for Daz.

Compared to character models, which need rigging and morph support, static background scenery and props are fairly easy to import into Daz from OBJ or FBX sources (possibly passing through blender if needed).

Depending on the import process / original asset you might need to setup the textures manually. In this case, using a library (or libraries! as you probably need a lot of options) for preset surfaces can help - something like https://f95zone.to/threads/architectural-iray-shaders.12530/

Reactions: coffeeaddicted

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
I would love to re-create something like a European environment with streets from inner cities that have concrete apartment buildings.
Like in the game i mentioned, it just looks fantastic.
I know that i stumbled once over a website (which i forgot now) that had house fronts but these models were sooo expensive.
Like 200 Dollars for one.
Anyway, i will keep looking as i love to re-create a street like in Germany or eastern Europe.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will toy with it. Looks great.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
1660225617541.png

Wow, I see what you mean. I'd almost think this was 3d assets edited on top of a real picture.... but yes, the architecture is very different.

Perhaps you could join the patreon for one month and get in contact with the dev?

Reactions: coffeeaddicted

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
That's what i meant. It just looks fantastic. You really have the impression it's a real world environment.
Just the buildings alone. I am not sure if my knowledge is enough to create that.

Synx

Jul 30, 2018
I know that i stumbled once over a website (which i forgot now) that had house fronts but these models were sooo expensive.
Like 200 Dollars for one.
Was it They make 3D models for interiors and exteriors, mainly aimed for architectural renders. Not 200 dollars for a single building, but yeah a set of buildings in the same style costs around 200 bucks. You can find some of them pirated though on sites like Cgpersia. While not completely free (you need a subscription on one of those hosting websites to not be stuck downloading 1 file for days), its at least better then 200 bucks. You can always buy the pack you used later on if you actually used it.

You could as well see what free stuff other 3D sites has to offer like Sketchfab. You never know what you might find for free on those websites.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Was it They make 3D models for interiors and exteriors, mainly aimed for architectural renders.
If someone offer some space I can upload a good chunk of it, I think around ~1To. I have cheese & bread at more than 1M polys \o/.But yeah real good asset cost an arm, free Sketchfab asset ain't gonna cut it (Daz shop ain't that bad).

Reactions: osanaiko

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
It occurred to me that there are sometimes assets that may or may not exist because there isn't really a market for.
I have many ideas and for example an Arab city would be nice as well. But there aren't many and the once i seen are more for a fantasy game.
So if i want to tell a story that is located in a country i Europa, i want to fit the environment to the story.
At the moment i am using the "European Apartment" which is ok. I say ok because i have never seen an apartment in Europe where you walk through the living room to get to the other rooms. That's how US apartments work.
There are some British style lofts and condo's but i haven't seen anything that the majority lives in.
It's just something that i observed but you got to use what you can get. I am not even sure how these are made but i recon that it's quite a lot of work to do them. So i appreciate what available.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
"European Apartment" (by rogue) is maybe one the best Daz env. asset. Photogrametry tricks and clean use of Uber shader. There is not much like it. Maybe Dekogon studio assets.