Ren'Py - Evalia: The Lust Kingdom [v1.27.00] [VelvetGene]

1. 1.00 star(s)

bannanza2

Another game on Ren'py. Thank you for not screenshots with 3d characters.
    The dialogue and gameplay is LITERALLY the worst thing in the game! The dialogue interface is overloaded. Just awful. You see a huge number of buttons that do nothing. Why do I need several different questions to the character in the usual chatter. You can create a "talk" button, add ALL these dialogues there, and just run them randomly. Most of these dialogues do NOT affect anything, they are not interesting and boring. It's the same in everything else. There are a LOT of buttons in the "H" menu, pressing which you will hear a refusal, because your relationship with the character has not yet been pumped. Why can't these buttons be made to appear as the relationship progresses? - I dont know.
    This is the main problem of the game! This kind of gameplay is repulsive. Developer, I hope you're reading this! You're doing the development process wrong. Move from smallest to largest. There is no need to add a bunch of buttons at the beginning of development, by clicking on which, the player will see something like "not yet available in this version", or a request for a condition that also cannot be met yet.
    Make it SIMPLE, the relationship system. A simple pumping system (in the style of: "talk, flirt, foreplay, sex"). Simplify everything to the maximum, and only after that complicate it a little bit, if necessary. You will see how much faster the development process will begin to move, how much easier and more interesting it will become.
    I understand that the game is still at a VERY early stage of development. That's why I don't take seriously either the plot or the graphics. But already now there is a HUGE problem, if it is not fixed, then you will either "drown" in a bunch of nuances during the development process. Either the game will be so repulsive that even the most interesting plot and the juiciest graphics of "AAA" projects (which this game is not, just a reminder) will not help.
    I hope someday I will give this game 5/5.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

docclox

As of i.14: Got potential, needs work.

The concept is simple enough: you have a fantasy type kingdom where everyone really likes sex and where they're pretty damn uninhibited about it, to the point where the kingdom's revenue can suffer because the people would sooner fuck than work. And it turns out that they've just appointed you as king of the kingdom, because that's the sort of weird shit they do in this kingdom.

In another game, that might well come across as lazy, but here the game plays it entirely deadpan and somehow gets away with it. It's not the most nuanced of settings, but sometimes you just want to chat and fuck and not think too hard about it, so maybe that's OK.

The trouble is, that's not what we get. Day one there's a royal guardswoman who turns up on your doorstep with the good news. Same evening she knocks on your bedroom door wanting to have sex. Only she won't strip down past bra and knickers because she doesn't know you well enough and when it gets to the question of sex, she admits she doesn't want to do it with you. OK, fair enough. There's going to be loads of pussy once we get there, right?

Well, sort of. The palace is full of female guards and maids, none of whom seem at all impressed by your Royal Authority. I missed the celebration feast because I was too busy chatting to one maid trying to get her opinion of me to visibly change. Everyone I met, it was the same deal.

Finally, I found the red light district and thought I'd try my luck with one of the ladies of the night. I fully expected to have to pay, but I thought I'd try a bit of banter as an opener.

"Say, that dress looks really sexy on you"

"That's HARDLY appropriate!"

OH COME ON!

Anyway, that's as far as I'm going to go with this version. It's early days, and the dev acknowledges that there's an issue with grind, so I'll look back in after a couple of releases and maybe review my rating. The game has flaws, certainly, but if you look beyond that, I think this could turn out to be one of the good ones.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Deleted member 2261700

Version The Lust Kingdom [v1.14] [VelvetGene]

Pro
    -Promises sandbox
    -claims diverse sandbox elements
    -very well built interaction formats
    -somewhat friendly interface (need quest format log especially for those that like to super skip text)
    -still early with a fair amount of limited paperdoll resource and interactive options
    -file size is still workable below 500-700mb as of 1.14

con
    -"rollback" errors are aplenty
    -Super use of single assets for early public version
    -You will have no honest idea what your doing even with the tutorial.
    -Leniear interactive world... Just meet, try to seduce, manage??? and try to sex alot... and repeat??

Ps. Even tho the game is ambitious in the "sandbox" + "free non liniear" focused type. It has strong competition and might often be comparable similar genre games as well. Seems like fight then dominating(my imagination) the enemy might be added or something but that depends. Defintly need more paperdoll options than have to see chad/wojack-female/doomer-girl/derpet (where male version of them? rolf.) as a near repeat asset.

Suggestions : Non as this has a paetron and dev makes visits here to see how public players interact to the game which is already top teir effort from most dev. Especially this game dosent seem barebones.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

frankensteiner316

So its very bare bones as it is rn. Sex options are very limited, the gameplay itself isnt there yet. But i love the concept, with some work this might be really good. I like the characters look, i like the theory of interactions,,i especially love the random npc thing. It looks like theres gonna be a lot of stuff to do in this game if it ever reaches a full version. So for now 3 stars because in 10 minutes ive seen a lot of repetition, but this game has a 5 star potential. Skip for now, wait until it gets like 3-4 more updates. Good luck to the devman because there are roots of something good in this.