VN Others Even in Sorrow, a Black Lily Blooms [Rachel update 2] [WaifusAndSyrup]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

WaifusAndSyrup

Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
Wil you make an apk version?
I don't think I want to add another version to the releases. Is apk the only way you can enjoy the game? I can look into it if that's the case.

Is it the html file? Cus all I'm seeing is a black screen
I don't know. I can only rely on advice from other people as I don't have a mac myself. Not to mention my programmer, who gave me this information, recent resigned to pursue other work.

I'm sorry I can't help you on this. Mac releases are the most cursed things when it comes to VNM.

Fooling_around

Jan 26, 2021
I don't think I want to add another version to the releases. Is apk the only way you can enjoy the game? I can look into it if that's the case.

I don't know. I can only rely on advice from other people as I don't have a mac myself. Not to mention my programmer, who gave me this information, recent resigned to pursue other work.

I'm sorry I can't help you on this. Mac releases are the most cursed things when it comes to VNM.
Tell me something I don't know XD, macs will always be macs. Thanks anyways for replying!

QuakingEarth

May 20, 2020
Lovely game but there is something seriously messed up with how the scenes trigger.

First playthrough ended with Rachel becoming a pet. I then tried to see the rest of her content but I just cannot get to them. If I pick Rachel first in the first week then I get the option to pick her again instead of it automatically going to the teacher. I bypassed this by going to the teacher first. Real insanity starts when all three of the girls can be visited though. Rachel's first event (bathroom scene) just loops, can't advance beyond it. Picking Marsh takes me to her consent ending. Carol I can't sometimes even visit. Starting a new game seems to sometimes help but I really don't understand why all of this is happening. I have a bunch of saves all around the place and I'm permanently holding ctrl to skip but that really shouldn't be it, right?

WaifusAndSyrup

Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
Lovely game but there is something seriously messed up with how the scenes trigger.

First playthrough ended with Rachel becoming a pet. I then tried to see the rest of her content but I just cannot get to them. If I pick Rachel first in the first week then I get the option to pick her again instead of it automatically going to the teacher. I bypassed this by going to the teacher first. Real insanity starts when all three of the girls can be visited though. Rachel's first event (bathroom scene) just loops, can't advance beyond it. Picking Marsh takes me to her consent ending. Carol I can't sometimes even visit. Starting a new game seems to sometimes help but I really don't understand why all of this is happening. I have a bunch of saves all around the place and I'm permanently holding ctrl to skip but that really shouldn't be it, right?
Scene triggers seem to be a major running issue that just never gets fixed. There's always a complaint similar/the same as this each release. My ex-programmer told me that he set the triggers properly and gone in whenever there's something like this to try and fix it, but with how persistent it is, I wonder if it's an engine issue?

Holding ctrl shouldn't be the problem. I usually use that to run through the game in the test run and don't really notice anything, unless the playtest runs differently than the exported game.

tldr; I don't understand why either. I need a new programmer before I can tackle this again.

Reactions: Skyzenski

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
I wonder if it's an engine issue?
How difficult would it be to port the game to something like Ren'py? Because a lot of this really does seem like engine troubles, and I kind of doubt they're gonna get fixed on their own. Which is a huge shame because this is an amazing game and deserves to actually be, y'know, playable.

WaifusAndSyrup

Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
How difficult would it be to port the game to something like Ren'py? Because a lot of this really does seem like engine troubles, and I kind of doubt they're gonna get fixed on their own. Which is a huge shame because this is an amazing game and deserves to actually be, y'know, playable.
I have zero clue. I'd need another programmer to let me know what I'd be looking at.

It could be worth looking at though. Even if it delays it longer, I'm fed up with this.

MegaZeroX7

Oct 26, 2023
Right now, regardless of whether I use the skip button at the bottom of the screen, or CTRL, it seems to skip past all text, not just unread text, and changing the text skip options around doesn't seem to fix it. Do people know what causes it and/or how to fix it?

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
Is the purple eyed "Mary" like a jinn or spirit from the amulet? Or a ghost that has latched onto her?
Can I pursue more than one girl?

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Is the purple eyed "Mary" like a jinn or spirit from the amulet? Or a ghost that has latched onto her?
Can I pursue more than one girl?
Ann is a sort of "evil" alternate personality that was seemingly created through hypnosis, although there are hints that she's actually Mary's original personality, or the part of her personality that she suppressed after her parents died, but reappeared after she found something that she could be passionate about. They act as separate characters who hold conversations with each other, but are both part of the same person.

I think you can pursue more than one girl, but the only completed routes are for individual girls, and the current version might be bugged enough that you can't even properly access all the scenes and routes that are in the game.

Reactions: Cygnus X-1

WaifusAndSyrup

Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
How do I hide the text box?
Space bar should work.

Can you please add more then 8 save slots or can you add a gallery with text?
When I change game engines to something else, like Renpy, I'll get on that.

Right now, regardless of whether I use the skip button at the bottom of the screen, or CTRL, it seems to skip past all text, not just unread text, and changing the text skip options around doesn't seem to fix it. Do people know what causes it and/or how to fix it?
Bug fixing is kinda dead until I change game engines. VNM is a disaster that I regret ever putting my game on.

Good belated new year everyone, on another note. I posted this on my subscribestar but I'll copy paste it here:
Right now I'm focusing on finishing Carol's stuff, but after that's finished, I think I will take the time to change game engines.

Too many issues pop up with the current software that I can't real deal with so it would be better to just change it.

As for where we're at for Carol's routes, it's like this:
Common route - Art being rendered, 90% written (some additional edits and finishing touches to scenes needed.)
Mary leaning route - Art finished, fully written
Ann leaning route - No art yet, 20% written

After that's done, there will be yet another lull period as I try to get someone to help get this game up and running in another engine, like renpy.

That's the current gameplan.

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
Good luck with the game. I hope for a successful port to renpy. I didn't encounter any bug in Ms Marsh's "good" route, but when meeting her at the shop and trying to convince her to "exchange her bad habit for sex" the event repeated and afterwards the game froze with a gray screen and just the cursor was moving and no other reaction to key presses. So I gave up on trying the "bad girl" route.
Btw when I reached the "good" ending I thought I got the "bad"one for some reason. Sorry but it seemed like a cop-out. I didn't buy the explanation. As the two had plenty of time to discuss anything (it was said Mary visited her teacher until the end of the school year). And I used every available oportunity to spend time with Ms Marsh. At her last question about seeing her naked, I wasn't certain anymore, so I started from the beginning and there was no choice! And yes, if she is uncomfortable with others (mainly boys) looking at her, she could just be shy or have low confidence. :rolleyes: Smaller bra? Better support for her big breasts maybe. While trying to make them look smaller due to being shy(?). So I blame the writer for railroading the players. But the final scene was the final nail in the coffin for that route.
Maybe it was just a miscalculated attempt to force hypnosis into a more friendly route just because we're playing a hypnosis focused game. :confused: Yes, I did pick all the good choices. So there was no indication that this could happen. It just came out of the blue. I was asking myself why not play the "bad girl" route when I get a bad end anyway? If the dev really wants it written this way, just have them go separate ways in the end. If it is meant to be a realistic take on their relationship. One with no future. Humans being irrational and flawed. Even that would be a better ending.
Sorry for possible spoilers. But I quite liked the game until that end. And will probably play again once the game has a new engine, pursuing other characters, as the erotic scenes were exciting and the story interesting with that mystery surrounding the mc. ;)
End of rant.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote