Everyone, go jump rope!

Nothing Clever

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2021
For realz, stop what you're doing right now and go jump roping!

...Still here? Oh, uh, okay then!

In all seriousness, I am an avid jump roper, and try to jump rope everyday for thirty or more minutes. And while I'm still working on trimming down (it's the dieting that always kills me), I definitely have the endurance for it. But it's a really great exercise, and if you learn how to do tricks, it can be fun and look really cool. I like to play my favorite albums from back in the day and try to choreograph routines to them, with sometimes mixed results lol. If you're not sure where to begin, here are some vids:

Look, if you're anything like me, and I know I am, you can't be a fat perv all the time. This is me just encouraging something I'm passionate about, and hopefully spreading good vibes. Besides that, I hope you're having a great day. :)

Nothing Clever

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2021
Eh, that's pretty cool, I guess. That said, when I first saw that video, I thought those 'weights' were yellow Lego boxes.

Now, I can never take this video seriously ever again. Never, ever, ever, ever-OH FUCK I JUST NOTICED THE KNIVES!

Oct 31, 2017
Jumping rope? Is that what the kids are calling it these days? It's certainly more discreet to say than buffin' the muffin, I'll give you that.

While that may be a good exercise, my preference in maintaining my svelte figure all these years is keeping the attitude that if my destination is within 5km or so, I'm walking there weather be damned. As my area tends to include many a steep hill, this more than does the trick in my case.

Nothing Clever

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2021
I agree, and more power to you. I'm very lucky in that I live in a renowned biking town, so most of the time, the places I need to get to are usually within walking distance-most of the time, that is. Personally, I found that this came back around to being a nuisance; everything was so close, that I wasn't getting the exercise I really needed. Since I'm kind of an extrovert and am capable of generating a lot of energy, jump roping did the trick; you can throw as much energy as you want into it, and get the proper asskicking you really need. :cool:

Oct 31, 2017
[...] you can throw as much energy as you want into it, and get the proper asskicking you really need. :cool:
Oddly enough, this is the mentality I use when I plan my errands as, like you, everything is somewhat close to me. Case in point, I have a chain supermarket location that's effectively down the block from me. While it's convenient to have one so close, I tend to only visit this one for impromptu reasons: finding myself with an immediate lack of coffee, having a sudden craving for ice cream, or the purely hypothetical situation of using the last of the toilet paper while the missus is prepping the meat for that evening's taco night. *nervous laughter*

When it comes time for doing an actual grocery run I will march my arse for the 40 minutes it takes to get to the next closest location of the same chain, and march home with however much I feel like carrying back that day. That can range from just enough for that evening's meal to the biggest box of kitty litter I can handle for the walk home. As I tend to do this every couple of days or so (or arrange it for the walk home from work), it certainly helps in keeping the tummy flat.

Then again, all this talk has reminded me that I still have a PS2 & DDR mat somewhere deep in the closet, so I'll probably be busting that out for some extra activity this winter. :giggle:

Reactions: Nothing Clever

Cwovictor

Oct 15, 2019
Easy to say when you're not a fat fuck living on a second story apartment. If I started, I'd likely burst through the floor and kill my neighbor.