3.50 star(s) 35 Votes

BabyYoda

Too cute I am
Mar 20, 2018
ES.png

Overview:
The story is played in an alternate universe that is similar to ours. Here your male character who is a university student decides to join an exchange student program, where two universities from different countries exchange students. These students will spend one semester in their new institution. All of the exchange students will live with a host family and the university decides who will go to which family. The story will focus on the main character's life at the host family. Unfortunately, his name is usually given to girls in this new country and because of this, he was put to a host family where they were expecting a female student. And this is where his story will start.​

Thread Updated: 2023-08-08
Release Date: 2023-08-07
Developer: LokiArt -
Censored: No
Version: 0.7.2c
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:
DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - - - -
Mac: - - - -

Extra:
Gallery Mod*

* This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

509022_L2_mtalk1.png 509020_L6_2bitlip2.png 509019_L5_6.png accident open 2.png M13_2.png LGFroom1_talk1.png

Last edited by a moderator:

215303j

Sounds interesting, let's have a look!

Edit 1: The Win Racaty links to the Mac version. I went with the Mediafire this time.

Edit 2: My opinion so far:
- Story is mildly interesting. So far it seems fairly vanilla, I think it needs a bit of a driver.
- Visuals are decent. Characters seem a little young, maybe not quite loli but still. The Mom of the main girl looks more like a sister than like a mother. Either way she's pretty hot, so no complaints.
- After the intro, the game become free roam but it's pretty badly implemented at this point. You have no idea where to go so you spend a lot of time randomly clicking rooms.
- It's a bit strange that you can name all major characters but not the MC. I get that the MC's name has a place in the story but still...
- There is some typos / Engrish, not too bad. It could use a proofreader (and spelling checker) though.

All in all, not a bad start, curious to see where it goes.

Last edited by a moderator:

oysterkeeper

Oct 6, 2019
So after giving it a fair chance, I have concluded that the free roam really breaks the game for me. I can live with typos and grammar problems but once I got to the free roam stage I basically spent every day waking up -> talk to Lily -> go to school -> search house for nothing to do -> go sleep -> repeat. I really think that if free roam is going to be implemented so poorly the game should just stick to being a VN.

I get no satisfaction by having to search for people and things to do. If you really want to keep it free roam, I think hints and a schedule for the main characters are absolutely required. It shouldn't have to be a job to figure out what next to do when playing a game. Hope development goes well, good luck!

Last edited:

mandc

Jan 5, 2019
First thoughts:
Good renders and so far a good story. No balloon boobs and mega butts so far so a big thumbs up from me

As the dev is not a native english speaker the game has lots of minor grammatical and spelling errors but it is still easy to understand

The only minor annoyance is the list of places in the house you have to scroll through to find the next action sequence.

This game has heaps of potential and I will be keen to see further updates

Good work dev.

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
"Unfortiunately his name is usually given to girls in this new country"

Meanwhile, my people :

By the way BabyYoda, both the RACATY links are the Mac version of the game, you'll want to fix that top one.

The game's obviously very barebones right now and the "sandbox" / "free roam" part is irritating since it's not even remotely apparent where you're supposed to go or when. You basically just have to randomly click places until an event starts, or doesn't, in which case you "wait" then randomly click shit again.
Because of this, I have no idea if I've actually reached the end of the content for the current version (.2 apparently), but since nothing new is happening I'll assume I'm done.

The models / renders are...alright, but Lily the main girl kind of looks like Velma from Scooby Doo, except with slight fetal alcohol syndrome head, and Molly, the "mom", must have had Lily when she was like 6 or something.

Story and gameplay may improve in future versions, but for the moment I'd say this one needs quite a bit of time and work.

Last edited:

Mark17

May 15, 2017
Unfortiunately his name is usually given to girls in this new country and because of this he was put to a host family where they were expecting a female student. And this is where his story will start.
I think this is funny because in my country we have this name (Alisson and variants) and are feminine, while in WASP countries this name are unisex name

It's like Misha or Sacha

Last edited:
Reactions: Xincarnation

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
dev name ring a bell... :/

i m pretty sure i saw that name somwhere before. I m not sure this is the first game done by this dev. i dont know, but it really sound familiar to me.

LGM

Nov 22, 2018
While not terribly exciting, this is an enjoyable experience so far. Looking forward to more.
That said, the English needs some work, and honestly I would prefer naming the MC myself. You could even make the nickname ("Murph") player-chosen.
Keeping an eye on this one.

Dripping

Feb 16, 2019
I think this is funny because in my country we have this name (Alisson and variants) and are unisex, while in WASP countries this name are feminine name

It's like Misha or Sacha
Agreed, I think it's a pretty interesting setup for starting out a game with a fairly common misunderstanding.
Just some common names that denote a different gender in different countries that I know of:
-Nikita, common male name in Russia, typically female in Western countries (thank Sir Elton John for that)
-Jan, common female name in the US, definitely a male name in Belgium, Netherlands and Hungary.

I'm sure we could assemble a nice list of such names in off-topic :D

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
here is my unofficial android port of Exchange Student v0.2.0.

from now on my android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage, because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).

Last edited:

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
Agreed, I think it's a pretty interesting setup for starting out a game with a fairly common misunderstanding.
Just some common names that denote a different gender in different countries that I know of:
-Nikita, common male name in Russia, typically female in Western countries (thank Sir Elton John for that)
-Jan, common female name in the US, definitely a male name in Belgium, Netherlands and Hungary.

I'm sure we could assemble a nice list of such names in off-topic :D
never see any "jan".... not without a "e" at the end or between the "j" and the "a". XD

3.50 star(s) 35 Votes