VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Excluded [Ep. 2] [RevisedStrategy]

1. 4.00 star(s)

DABOMB00

This might be an interesting game even tho its hard to tell so far because there isnt too much content. You kinda get thrown right into the story but it clears throughout the first two episodes. The story overall looks interesting with things that are revealed now and things that will propably get revealed later. I really hope the dev will find a good balance with keeping the players in suspense while also not leaving them completely in the dark the whole game. It looks fairly well written so far and pleasurable to read so far.
    The renders look really nice even tho none of the girls that appeard so far are really my type but thats just preference i guess.
    There were really few choices to make but by the looks of it they do seem to matter but well have to wait and see i guess.
    I really value sound in VNs so there not beeing any is a little bit sad because i think you can really set the mood for certain scenes if you choose the right music.
    Still tho even tho you can really say too much about the first 2 episodes im really looking forward to seeing more of this game and to getting to know where the story will go. I really hope we get to see some emotion from the mc because so far there isnt much response from him to the whole thing. Maybe with his actions but not by things h says or thinks. Also the Episodes seem really short to me but well see how it goes.
    I would think definetly a game worth checking out.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

TheSkeptic1

Amazing job with the character model faces. Their facial expressions look natural and adorable (the ladies, that is).

Unfortunately, if you're into curvaceous women, this won't be the VN for you; skinny ladies across the main cast.

It's a tad weird that the "black" frames between scenes are not actually blank but rather a black-colored frame. I play all my VNs on 4K displays, so this end up looking super grainy.

There are too many cutoff sentences. These should be reserved for moments where one person's dialog is interrupted by another person, but instead it seems to often be the end of someone's thought/sentence and really just needs a period. This is seriously plaguing the dialog.

Expanding on this a bit, while the dialog is mostly good there are some minor vernacular issues with it. When we think of younger people talking to each other, it should at least attempt to mimic what we would experience in the real world when observing them talk to each other. This is one such VN where the writing tends to be a bit too mature for the age group of the characters.

Overall, there is an underwhelming amount of content and story development as of Ch 2. Not sure how this garnered an average of 4 stars when there isn't any lewd content yet and realistically there's about 3-4 scenes with elongated dialog.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

Belzeebub

Story - too much of suspense is added to the story, which makes the story beyond understanding for normal readers/gamers
    Renders - a bit above mark which is the only slight positive thing in this game/VN
    Models - Very poor. Including the MC himself, the models are very poor (bluntly speaking ugly - especially the MC). The supposedly Lis are also bland, which could have been better. I think 'Teddy' or bear (mc's friend) looked better than the MC.
    Overall - The developer took this game too literal as novel and tried to build an "epic" which led him to epically fail in the attempt.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Kaasje404

Review for ep2:
    I hate Melissa and Kate so much, but that means this game is actually extremely well created. I actually feel excluded as the title suggests. The graphics are of good quality and the character look very pretty too. The story as mentioned earlier stirs up a lot of emotion in me which are very good signs. Five stars well deserved and also very curious about the next release, I can't wait.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

pzqmthm

Normally I just skip through text in other games, but this game is amazing, I love the story. I am eagerly waiting for more, I was genuinely sad that there were only 2 episodes so far. Keep up the great work.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

JB08

Good plot so far. Something you would see in a melodrama TV show if that makes sense. The girls look nice, the environments too. Sounds are present. Its still early in the game so it remains to be seen how things progress but so far its really good.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

TribalJOB

So far (episode 2), I'm pretty won over by the story and the way it's told.
    We don't have all the elements of the story, in the same way as the MC, which contributes a lot to the immersion.

The quality of the renderings is quite impressive.
    So far I haven't seen any set assets used in other visual novels, which is quite refreshing.
  8. 4.00 star(s)

RogueEagle

Game story is good, renders outstanding, pacing very enjoyable.
    Only problem are the episode lenght, feels very small for a game that has 2 episode, those two episode could be put into 1 and it would still be a small episode, hence why i can't really give it a 5 star.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

SeregaL

Cool story. Great rendering. Well done to the author. One of the best games on this resource! Went through it with the main character. Great - Keep up the good work. Really hope you make it through the entire development. I will keep an eye out for the sequel.
  10. 3.00 star(s)

Zenim

This game has a lot of potential. Very good renders with beautiful models. The story seems quite interesting for now at least.

But i cant help to feel like the pace of the story is off. At the time of writing this, i just completed the second episode. And basically the story has only progressed 2 days. Not a lot has actually happened in those 2 days.
    At this pace, the author is gonna get tired of writing this game before the story is done.

I really hope it picks up in the future, i will be waiting for the next episode regardless. But 3 stars for now.
    Keep at it and maybe look into getting a proof reader, there is some very weird sentences that i think is just a basic translation error, but i cant figure out what you meant. "Like talk to a person steady"? Or something like that. what is that supposed to mean? That you are talking to them calmly?
  11. 4.00 star(s)

rafaaa

Renders are good but story is still to early to say. Hope that the game has choices with impact on the story and on relation with the girls (dont know how many), hope the choices in the future are more that 2 (atleast with 3 to choose),hope the have a good story. The game can have potential if the dev hear the feedback of the players.
  12. 4.00 star(s)

SlideweenTV

Version played: Ep1, v1.0

Clear and smooth renders with nice lighting balance. Characters look great and the story is all but clear, a short touch of mystery to incentivize coming back once more story updates comes.

1 suggestion I would like to say is that such nice renders are wasted without a bit of ambient music. I hope the dev would consider adding some music ,even stock music is fine
  13. 5.00 star(s)

OhTheLove

Melissa's look at the party was enough to convince me to play this.

I love the character models and this looks like it's gonna be a fun ride, so I am here for it. Will update the review when more content is released but I m loving it so far.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

SixtyNineGaming

I love drama and this VN looks like it'll have tons of it. This is still an initial release, so we don't get much more than introduction and premise, but that itself is filled with so much melodrama. Nothing is clearly defined, so there's also a lot of intrigue.

The visuals are also very good. Lighting is great, models are unique and distinct. There aren't any obvious language or technical issues either. Looking forward to further releases.

Edit: Just played the update, and the melodrama went up another notch. And it is the kind of melodrama I love - the televison soap kind, with crazy coincidences and dumb people. I love it,
  15. 5.00 star(s)

PunTroller

Excluded Episode 1 Review

Going in just by the previews that were shown when clicking this game you can already assume from a visual standpoint it would be on point, I would say that would be correct. The preview images are what personally intrigued me to try out this 1st episode.

Now some constructive criticism that could be seen as very individual based before I go into the story and character aspects that I don’t think is taking away stars worthy especially this early on but something that took away from the experience at least a bit. When playing it is completely silent, that might not be a big deal for some but it just was something that bugged me a bit when playing through the game. However even if not added in future updates I could ignore it.

Now what were some hopeful signs for the first episode. Another hopeful sign that I liked is that we have a bro friend character in the game. From first impressions he seems like a chill dude, no asshole or incel creep vibes. Just a chill supporting character. Obviously that’s also individual based but I like when a character isn’t just speaking to all the potential girls in his harem but talking to other people too to give him/her more characterization and individuality through those interactions.

Now for the story part which is spoiler filled even though the synopsis kind of says the main dilemma even though not fully explained how that came to be. I can not lie and say that the reasoning of the mother not filling in the papers for whatever reason which fucked over the mc and olivia wasn’t annoying. However I won’t pass judgment early on due to the belief that there is a grand plan for the reasoning behind that that would bring more drama and plot to the story soon and not just some petty reasoning. Another thing that I hope has a good reasoning as well was why Olivia and Melissa kept it a secret from the MC that Ellie was able to get one opening to the school and Olivia jumped on that opportunity without telling the MC. It just comes off as a selfish shit friend honestly. Her being Melissa’s sister I think any reasonable human being would give the spot to her over themselves if they were both informed especially if they were good friends as it seemed from the intro episode up to that reveal. I hope it’s not an i’m sorry I had to jump on the opportunity without telling you cause I didn’t want to be away from her. Which shows she doesn’t have much trust in him as a friend. I’m glad the mc is annoyed by it too and not a understanding wanting no problems pushover. If it's actually they betrayed him that would be interesting and i'd like to see how that would go. Hope for no easy right away forgiveness shit. Anyways I want to see how this goes. Maybe he becomes an intern for a business and that’s where a lot of plot can be when there aren’t college parties. Building connections maybe eventually to get into the school in the following semester who knows. There’s avenues for him to be connected to the school, maybe the sport route impressing a coach or a player on the team or meeting with a teacher/principal out in the town. In the game he seems like he genuinely wanted to go to school not just chilling and just doing jobs only so i’m hoping he doesn’t lose sight of that and becomes a different type of character super quickly by being carefree.

So long story short there’s some good things that I like that are a good base for a first episode and there are some things that I hoped are resolved and/or explained or they can become noticeable negatives but for now are safe since it’s still early on and they are wait and see situations.