[R>Composer] Paid Unpaid Experienced Composer looking for a project

forzato

Jul 17, 2018
Music is my main hobby. I've spent thousands of dollars and hours learning from hundreds of resources so if you are looking for someone creative who has experience but isn't going to charge a small fortune for licencing I would love to join a project. I'm very critical of my work, currently with a couple of hundred projects that I've got in a personal vault that will be considered for a future album.

Qualification:
Diploma of Music Industry (Electronic Music Production)

Experience:
14 years of DAW experience in Ableton Live & FL Studio
Orb Composer - can create large orchestral projects or anything in between fast
Ozone 8, neutron 3, nectar for mixing vocals, instrumentals & mastering
Omnisphere, Keyscape, Kontakt - 10,000+ sounds
6 years of piano experience
6 years of trombone experience
12 years of guitar experience (currently don't have one to record however I have plugins that are great)

Preferred method of contact:
PM here or contact me via discord Forzato#2030

Employment Type & Rates:
I'm looking to join a project team. Unpaid until a release kicks off decent. At that point, we can work out fees rather than a revenue share. I care more about the games success and quality.

Availability:
20 hours a week

Work Samples:
I've added some tracks I wrote for some teams on here. These tracks are exclusive to their teams work. White Knight was a track I wrote back in 2016 including lyrics ft. Addie Nicole from Halocene.

DeviousDev - Beaverdale Falls

Carlos422 - TBA Upcoming Project

Pop

EDM

Disco

Progressive House / Disco

Rock / Funk / Blues

Orchestral

Mashups

Additional comments:
Don't waste your time with royalty-free tracks that are overused on youtube and other adult games that will break players immersion.
I can provide environmental audio mixed either separately or together with music.
I hold the rights still to distribute and promote tracks separately on Spotify, youtube, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: RHQuinn

Hertopaly

Donor
Sep 25, 2017
This is amazing, I'm nowhere near the point of needing music yet but I'm sure you'll find someone fast with a portfolio like that

Reactions: forzato

forzato

Jul 17, 2018
Thank you for your kind words. It's never too early to consider music. The longer I have before a game is released the more time I can work on the soundtrack. Environmental sounds and deciding specific songs for scenes can come later. Deciding on a theme or playlist could help the writing process. Listening to a playlist can inspire you quickly for writing scenes.

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
I'm keeping an eye on this for the future, nice samples! I have written out an initial partial game script and visual descriptions of about 10,000 renders/pictures tied to dialogue which would be over about 10 releases over time as I think about 1000 good pictures a release is pretty good? I am not new to writing and have sold a written screenplay (so my writing for both the script and render descriptions are based right now in Final Draft not Renpy at all so I'm not ready yet there) that was not greenlighted but luckily paid pretty well, but new to Renpy and programming in general and first trying to learn either how to code or hire a talented 3D artist. I just don't know if a female can cater to the taste here well enough with writing style :) If you can do some elements of lighter music but also darker music for heavier scenes, will post here down the road when I feel ready to try and program on Renpy. I feel very uncomfortable so far trying to learn how to render so looking for tutorials and practicing first and that sort of thing.

Reactions: RHQuinn and forzato

forzato

Jul 17, 2018
Hey Tess, that sounds great so far. Be A Dik was somewhere around 1300 renders for episode 1 which was a huge first release. There's a lot to learn for 3d art and I decided against starting my own project for this reason. I think we all want to achieve a fantastic product for the community and be proud of our work. I'm currently producing music with one project at the moment which has multiple writers and artists. If you learn daz3d it will definitely help your scripts because you'll be less likely to run into problems later finding assets and setting up scenes. Finding a talented artist shouldn't be hard here though as there are plenty of developers that are interested in joining teams. I'm not a writer but I have watched and taken notes all of Shonda rhimes masterclass in tv scripts to learn about the process.

As for music, I can definitely write melancholy scores or light music. I can provide a demo quickly in a couple of days. The more info you can provide about your vision and the overall tone can help me achieve your goals quickly. When I was considering my own visual novel I built a playlist of songs from artists that were similar to the soundtrack I had in mine for scenes etc. I would write scenes with songs playing on repeat so that I could get into the zone and understand the scene.

You can message me any time or add me on discord Forzato#2030. Also, I won't charge for demos or any of my time unless a project starts being successful and I fulfil their requests. :)

Reactions: RHQuinn

DeviousDev

Titans Trainer & Beaverdale Falls Developer
Game Developer
Aug 2, 2019
Hi there! I'm extremely interested in your services and you have some quality samples. I started developing games not too long ago and I'm looking for a good composer for our game.

I've added you on Discord!

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Nice to see composers here as well.
Music is definitely a major focus on my own game.
I will bookmark this for the future.

forzato

Jul 17, 2018
Just letting everyone know I've finished 3 track requests so far for two separate teams this week. For now, I'll be taking requests from any team and working on each track as they are requested. I've got a document written out with each teams vision so I don't forget.

Last edited: