Explain to me what the logic of the rules about games on this forum

AlexKunKun

Sep 3, 2023
I researched some games on this forum and found a situation that was not so clear about the application of rule 7.
I understand that it makes sense for 3D games, however for 2D games there is simply no criteria.

For example "Violated Princess" I understand because it has scenes of rape and bestiality. Even though I don't agree, because rule 7 could have the game here, I understand the moderators' action.

However, today I came across a game that was banned and it doesn't make any sense not to have it on the F95 forum. I'm talking about the game "Time for Work! The Naked Moral Committee"
This game, as far as I've seen, doesn't have rape or anything degrading, yet it was banned.

Now the game "Winter Memories", which has content involving an explicit sexual act with a child, still receives updates on the forum today and with a lot of discussion in the game's thread.

What is the defining criteria for applying rule 7?
Why some games can and other games not, if they have the same theme?

Hagatagar

Oct 11, 2019
For example "Violated Princess" I understand because it has scenes of rape and bestiality. Even though I don't agree, because rule 7 could have the game here, I understand the moderators' action.

However, today I came across a game that was banned and it doesn't make any sense not to have it on the F95 forum. I'm talking about the game "Time for Work! The Naked Moral Committee"
This game, as far as I've seen, doesn't have rape or anything degrading, yet it was banned.
The circumstances in which the loli happens to be is usually not a criteria (appart from it being a NSFW situation), but rather the fact that it is a loli at all.

I assume for Violated Princess one of the reasons is this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Now the game "Winter Memories", which has content involving an explicit sexual act with a child, still receives updates on the forum today and with a lot of discussion in the game's thread.
A shota often gets a more leeway approach, probably because it's much harder to determine, if he is a "prepubescent character".

What is the defining criteria for applying rule 7?
How some members think it's done...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

But the basic criteria is this:
A "prepubescent character" is one that visually shows no sign of puberty, or if non-visual is otherwise clearly intended to represent a prepubescent character.
So it's about the apperance and/or childlike behavior. The excuse "but she is 21!" won't work.
An easy indicator for Rule 7 material are no boobs and no pupes.
Also a typical childlike statue (no distinct waist-to-hip ratio) and the mentioning of a clearly too young age.

But, in the end the mods have to decide if something breaks Rule 7 or not. Everyone, including mods, are human and may have a differing perception of what's okay and what's to much, even with a clearer definitation of that than we are aware of. And there surly are mods who like lolis and mods who hate lolis. So the decision may seem arbitrary, depending which of the staff has the last word or where present in the decision making.

It is supposed to be that all mods have to parttake in the voting for a game that is checked for Rule 7.
However, I don't know how feasible that is, though, considering that mods are unpaid and can't always participate in everything. But that would at least explain the long waiting time for Rule 7 approval.

Just to be clear, this is an attempt of an explanation and neither an excuse how this is done nor a factual answer of what's really going on.
For that you have to directly ask the staff, not just make a thread.

Also, if you are pro loli, you should refrain from listing other games on F95zone as "evidence", several games have been banned because a user was like "But what about this one?".

Glorified_ignorance

Mar 28, 2019
Alex , if you stayed in these forums longer, you would have figured it out by now.

There's a simple explanation for all of this:

The games that moderators enjoy are the ones that stick around. :WaitWhat:

The others get a 'nay' vote and end up in the trash can, aka banned.

Strangely enough, a few of them find their way back onto the forums after a year or two.

Rule 7 is the most quandary-inducing thing on this site.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Furyous D

AlexKunKun

Sep 3, 2023
Hagatagar thank for your answer.

I liked your post. And again, I'm okay with the banning of "Violated Princess" even that game is a little too much for me.

But what bothered me was the banning of "Time for Work! The Naked Moral Committee." Rule 7 makes it clear that 2D works are permitted with some exceptions.

Now a point you made

A shota often gets a more leeway approach, probably because it's much harder to determine, if he is a "prepubescent character".
Visibly the MC from "Winter Memories" is a prepubescent character. There is no doubt that he is a child. And I think it's a good game.
So this leads me to the question of why for some yes and for others no, if they are the same content, but changing the genre.

Maybe I'm wrong in creating a thread. However, the banning of a game that has nothing special really bothered me.

I arrived on this forum a few months ago and I really like it. Perhaps certain discussions are necessary to review the thoughts of some, even those of moderation.

Reactions: ninja2015pt

Insomnimaniac Games

Degenerate Handholder
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
Hagatagar thank for your answer.

I liked your post. And again, I'm okay with the banning of "Violated Princess" even that game is a little too much for me.

But what bothered me was the banning of "Time for Work! The Naked Moral Committee." Rule 7 makes it clear that 2D works are permitted with some exceptions.

Now a point you made

Visibly the MC from "Winter Memories" is a prepubescent character. There is no doubt that he is a child. And I think it's a good game.
So this leads me to the question of why for some yes and for others no, if they are the same content, but changing the genre.

Maybe I'm wrong in creating a thread. However, the banning of a game that has nothing special really bothered me.

I arrived on this forum a few months ago and I really like it. Perhaps certain discussions are necessary to review the thoughts of some, even those of moderation.
I've never played it, but it could be because Time for Work! The Naked Moral Committee takes place in a school?

AlexKunKun

Sep 3, 2023
if you stayed in these forums longer, you would have figured it out by now.

There's a simple explanation for all of this:

The games that moderators enjoy are the ones that stick around.
This is also a good explanation.

Yes, I've only been on the forum for a few months, and I'm probably not used to how things work here.

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
This is also a good explanation.

Yes, I've only been on the forum for a few months, and I'm probably not used to how things work here.
This dudes only been here a few months but already jumping into banned and obscure titles? bold.

• Haha
Reactions: 4-kun

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
the weekly thread of "why was my favourite pdf-file game banned? I don't understand!"

Hagatagar

Oct 11, 2019
But what bothered me was the banning of "Time for Work! The Naked Moral Committee."
I looked at some screenshots and at least one of the girls seem to have a typical childlike stature. Could be one of the decisive reasons for the ban. :unsure:

Rule 7 makes it clear that 2D works are permitted with some exceptions.
Thats actually not the case.
Rules said:
2D and 'unrealistic' depictions are generally looked upon more favorably.
Too young looking charas are never okay, no matter if 2D or 3D. It's just that 2D gets a little bit of leeway because it's less realistic looking.

Like I wrote, Shotas probably get a little bit of leeway, because it's easier to justify (pretending them being older than they look) compared to how it is with Lolis.
People may find that unfair, but that's just how it is.

It's not that all staff want Loli and Shota content to be banned, it's more of a "they have to".
Here is the official reasoning for Rule 7.
It's a legal issue that ties into the survival of the website. Here are 3 very compelling reasons -
- We're trying to stay on the right side of the businesses who provide the hosting and server space. They have laws to follow just like we do. So we are trying to do the best we can with providing the game we can but still "stay under the radar". Problem is, once it starts getting too extreme like young realistic sexual content, then those businesses will refuse to host us or provide servers.
2- The younger content brings in "undesirables" (pedophiles and others) from the deep web and elsewhere who often are being tracked by law enforcement.. that's bad for us in 2 ways.. those "undesirables" often bring some nastier content with them and the law is now going to scrutinize the site. Again, really bad.. The hosters/servers will drop us in a second if we bring in the law.
3- That content will NOT go unnoticed by hacktivists who won't hesitate to flood this site and use tools to make our lives very very miserable.

Remember, if we trigger a NEGATIVE response from the hosts and/or servers, we have no website. NO F95Zone in other words.

Maybe I'm wrong in creating a thread.
Nothing wrong with that. You are new and have questions. And, after all, you don't behave like a typical "Karen" compared to some others who create this kind of threads (calling for pitchforks and wanting to rally a lynchmob to go against the mod who did them wrong and users who disagree, which often ends in a popcorn thread). ;)

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
But, in the end the mods have to decide if something breaks Rule 7 or not.
Be noted that this isn't a rushed process.
A dev is making a scandal because his game is under rule 7 review since few days now. Staff members and moderators look at the game and talk about it. They don't throw a dice, nor a dart, they discuss. And obviously this need time.
Or have he gone totally crazy already ? Looks like I can't find back the thread.

And there's also the obvious "they can't be everywhere, playing all the updates for all the games". Therefore there's case that they just don't know about.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Hagatagar

Insomnimaniac Games

Degenerate Handholder
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
Be noted that this isn't a rushed process.
A dev is making a scandal because his game is under rule 7 review since few days now. Staff members and moderators look at the game and talk about it. They don't throw a dice, nor a dart, they discuss. And obviously this need time.
Or have he gone totally crazy already ? Looks like I can't find back the thread.

And there's also the obvious "they can't be everywhere, playing all the updates for all the games". Therefore there's case that they just don't know about.
Couldn't find it, so I think that thread got nuked. Along with that one guy who facepalms everyone :ROFLMAO:

• Hey there
Reactions: Bob69

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
I honestly don't feel like going into this. I just wanna let ya'll know Mods have 0 to do with R7 rulings. Only Staff are doing these rulings.
Except: Its always OEJ's fault if something is allowed or rejected (y)

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
I like the first explanation Hagatagar given us the best. And will see what this thread becomes like, as it is I give it a 1/1/1 chance that it stays civil, end in the OR section or will be closed or deleted.

Also I think this is around the 10th or so thread I've seen regarding rule 1.7...

• Hey there
Reactions: Hagatagar