4.80 star(s) 18 Votes

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
When you suggest a setting like a prison or a truck stop, you are also suggesting multiple sexual partners for the lady. Dimajio picks a simple, but entirely plausible plot to base his story on; the slow burn only really works if there is one antagonist. Suggesting a truck stop makes no sense if you want the woman to have an affair with only one guy (like Dimajio does).
:FacePalm: So you're telling me what my preferences are? :WaitWhat:That was one snippet of a sentence aggrandized for joke emphasis. I'm not going to list all the specifics of my various preferences in one post. I like some group situations and some situations that aren't. Though corruption stories can absolutely slow-burn with more than one alternate sexual partner, from chaste @ start to cum-addict near the end.

I wouldn't call Pineapple Express' plot "plausible" either. :ROFLMAO: But that's beside the point.

This is still a wild guess on your part, as if someone can only like one thing. Not sure why it matters to you either: " slow-burn NTR, not rampant NTR where the girl becomes a nymphomaniac for every guy that looks in her direction. ."

Last edited:

packard1928

Engaged Member
Nov 16, 2018
In his last message he was on vacation. Said that the releae got kinda big. He was thinking of splitting off something to get the release out sooner.

Filipis

Nov 15, 2022
:FacePalm: So you're telling me what my preferences are? :WaitWhat:That was one snippet of a sentence aggrandized for joke emphasis. I'm not going to list all the specifics of my various preferences in one post. I like some group situations and some situations that aren't. Though corruption stories can absolutely slow-burn with more than one alternate sexual partner, from chaste @ start to cum-addict near the end.

I wouldn't call Pineapple Express' plot "plausible" either. :ROFLMAO: But that's beside the point.

This is still a wild guess on your part, as if someone can only like one thing. Not sure why it matters to you either: " slow-burn NTR, not rampant NTR where the girl becomes a nymphomaniac for every guy that looks in her direction. ."
Well you are right, Pineapple Express has the MC's girlfriend become a nymphomaniac by the end. So it is possible, but the whole story happens focusing around a single NTR Love Interest for her. That's what Dimajio is best at. Slow burn works best in a controlled environment as opposed to having such a wild setting.

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
Well you are right, Pineapple Express has the MC's girlfriend become a nymphomaniac by the end. So it is possible, but the whole story happens focusing around a single NTR Love Interest for her. That's what Dimajio is best at. Slow burn works best in a controlled environment as opposed to having such a wild setting.
You're reading far too much into what I already said was an aggrandized joke. Not to say slow-burn can't work well in an intense setting with the right writing talent (a rare skill not often seen on F95Zone) or to start in a traditional setting, moving onto a wilder one as the story advances. Let's chalk this up to being lost in cultural translation.

Why did the chicken cross the road? "Well, while they have been known to roam up to 200 yards, they generally will not walk more than 40 feet at a time, preferring to stick close to home. I just don't see walking across the road as being very plausible for them."

Reactions: jenyabest

Pr0GamerJohnny

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 7, 2022
Complicated? There aren't that many variables to track of, and what is there is just a point counter. Unless he means that the code for the gallery is what is screwing him... I smell a delay, which is... okay... I guess.
I'm assuming he means mutiple path permutations and getting all those scenes and renders churned out as indeed you're right, mere variable coding (even with a complex setup) isn't THAT arduous for a single large update, it's the images needed for all the branches.
This poor man should hire some helper...
Totally agree, and this is my first thought anytime I see a dev talking about being crunched. Obviously with a small fanbase a dev simply can't afford to hire help, but when you have over 300 patreons yielding probably over 2k a month, if it was ME, I'd happily part with a few hundred to make life much easier versus suffering to take home the lump sum.

packard1928

Engaged Member
Nov 16, 2018
This may be his main source of income. We do not know where he is or his situation. I do not want him to work himself out of this being a fun thing to do with some income as well. The alternative is he stops..... We are all looking forward to every release.. We do understand that he is a one man band... if it takes a little longer ...so be it. From what I see in his notes , He is a kind of perfectionist. The gallery is a reflection of that and one that he tries to make a great game that people will follow.

Many do... Love to see his number go up.... other do nothing and make more than him. ( my 2 cents )

Pr0GamerJohnny

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 7, 2022
This may be his main source of income. We do not know where he is or his situation. I do not want him to work himself out of this being a fun thing to do with some income as well. The alternative is he stops..... We are all looking forward to every release.. We do understand that he is a one man band... if it takes a little longer ...so be it. From what I see in his notes , He is a kind of perfectionist. The gallery is a reflection of that and one that he tries to make a great game that people will follow.

Many do... Love to see his number go up.... other do nothing and make more than him. ( my 2 cents )
Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting that as a "quit the easy way out solution" or half-ass it. I'm saying from a business perspective, objectively, if 90% of your work you can breeze through while 10% causes major headaches, you're better off contracting/outsourcing etc that 10% and use the time freed up to your advantage. Do more of what you're good at, and less of what you're bad at. Dimagio's a talented enough writer and artist to ensure that the core vision is unchanged.

Reactions: packard1928

Filipis

Nov 15, 2022
I'm assuming he means mutiple path permutations and getting all those scenes and renders churned out as indeed you're right, mere variable coding (even with a complex setup) isn't THAT arduous for a single large update, it's the images needed for all the branches.

Totally agree, and this is my first thought anytime I see a dev talking about being crunched. Obviously with a small fanbase a dev simply can't afford to hire help, but when you have over 300 patreons yielding probably over 2k a month, if it was ME, I'd happily part with a few hundred to make life much easier versus suffering to take home the lump sum.
Thing is, I don't think dimajio' games have that many possible paths that would result in a headache, unless I am gravely mistaken.

drakov

Sep 25, 2023

making games is just a hobby for him , is not main surce of income !!!! he work hard to make us happy !! i think is one of few dev who care about his patreons and non patreons !!!!

He deserves all our respect for this!!

packard1928

Engaged Member
Nov 16, 2018
True That ! He is one of the best ! I hope he can find that happy medium where he will not burn out.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 7, 2022
Thing is, I don't think dimajio' games have that many possible paths that would result in a headache, unless I am gravely mistaken.
He does though - just look at PE, for a game of that size and scope, having 4 separate branching paths is impressive, and requires a lot of additional renders. He isn't like some devs where paths only affect minor dialogue changes. Continuing with PE as an example, the cheating path has completely different scenes from the hotwife path which has completely different scenes from the cuckold path.

Though I am surprised here; and maybe this is what you're getting at- because so far in Exploring the Big Apple there seems to really only be a single fork: whether you encourage the wife to get naughty and horny all the time, or you try and keep her demure and by your side. The optimist in me would like to think this means the incoming update will have a lot more forking paths.

Pdr602

Jul 5, 2022
Surprize from dev !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View attachment 4003548
Seems like the developer has created self inflicted stress, which is surprising to me because he's not a really newbie. He's done this before. I wouldn't read too much into his comments. I get the sense that he may thrive on stress and as someone else said is a bit of perfectionist. Burn out and abandon, no way. The release may be later than expected but he'll get it done.

4.80 star(s) 18 Votes