Exporting bookmarks

veryhotaccount

May 19, 2020
I'm trying to find out a way to export all my bookmarks into a text file/table but can't seem to find that option, does it exist?

zonesamabaka

Feb 5, 2018
open up the bookmarks manager and find the export option, in firefox based browsers its the import and backup button, chromium based might be behind a .../hamburger menu > export to html

or you can copy the file out of your profile directory,
in windows for example: C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data\Default bookmarks & bookmarks.bak are sitting there in json format.
firefox files are in appdata\roaming instead & current bookmarks are kept in the places.sqlite file

veryhotaccount

May 19, 2020
open up the bookmarks manager and find the export option, in firefox based browsers its the import and backup button, chromium based might be behind a .../hamburger menu > export to html

or you can copy the file out of your profile directory,
in windows for example: C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data\Default bookmarks & bookmarks.bak are sitting there in json format.
firefox files are in appdata\roaming instead & current bookmarks are kept in the places.sqlite file
I'm talking about the bookmarks associated with the f95 profile not the ones on my browser

zonesamabaka

Feb 5, 2018
actually you can do something like this:

go to https://f95zone.to/account/bookmarks
open the page inspect tool & go to sources tab > bookmarks
there you can see the links, descriptions and personal notes for your bookmarks on here in html

the bookmarks all have a "contentRow-snippet" entry which holds your personal note under the link which makes it easier to filter through & clean up if you just copy paste everything like that

veryhotaccount

May 19, 2020
actually you can do something like this:

go to https://f95zone.to/account/bookmarks
open the page inspect tool & go to sources tab > bookmarks
there you can see the links, descriptions and personal notes for your bookmarks on here in html

the bookmarks all have a "contentRow-snippet" entry which holds your personal note under the link which makes it easier to filter through & clean up if you just copy paste everything like that

Damn there isn't a feature for doing this currently then.
I'll just have to create a script or something to scrape it I guess, thanks for the help tho (y)