Extact Steam game

hockeyh11

Dec 8, 2017
First time posting, feel like an idiot. First time I have downloaded a steam version of a game. Downloaded from both Pixeldrain and Gofile. When i try to extract i get attached log file. Is there something special i need to do for steam versions to be able to extract. I moved file to steam folder and still get same log file. Using Universal Extractor, never had an issue before. Any help would be appreciated.

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
I do not know if this is your issue, but I read that this may happen with some archives larger than 4GB. Because of the way they are created, some extractor tools think that it's a multi-volume archive, and they expects to find part 2 (that doesn't exist). See for details.

I'd try any of these solutions:
1. use another extractor tool (Winrar or 7-zip: the latter may be affected by the bug, bug hopefully they have patched it)
2. use a Hex-Editor to manually fix the archive, as explained in the page linked above
3. run (read the note for Windows Users: you may need to install Perl)

Backup the game file before you edit it. Good luck (and apologies if this is not the reason of the bug)

User4862

May 26, 2019
This may not be helpful, but you're extracting within Program Files, could it be a permissions issue? Have you tried extracting it somewhere else?

hockeyh11

Dec 8, 2017
I do not know if this is your issue, but I read that this may happen with some archives larger than 4GB. Because of the way they are created, some extractor tools think that it's a multi-volume archive, and they expects to find part 2 (that doesn't exist). See for details.

I'd try any of these solutions:
1. use another extractor tool (Winrar or 7-zip: the latter may be affected by the bug, bug hopefully they have patched it)
2. use a Hex-Editor to manually fix the archive, as explained in the page linked above
3. run (read the note for Windows Users: you may need to install Perl)

Backup the game file before you edit it. Good luck (and apologies if this is not the reason of the bug)
7-Zip worked. Thank you!

Reactions: scrumbles