Extract/decompiling .rpyc files on Mac

pippo17

Dec 5, 2020
Hi all!
I am a newbie and I write from Italy (first of all: sorry for my bad English ...)
I'm starting to study Ren'py (on Mac) and I am starting also to develop a little project…
To improve my skills I would like to see other game scripts to see how professional programmers have solved some problems and achieved some effects.
I have downloaded UnRen for Mac from
https://f95zone.to/threads/unren-for-macos-and-linux-v0-8-2.16887
and followed the instructions as best I could.
When I launch UnRen and drag the game (the whole game, only with the game folder does not work) into the terminal window and select option 2 (Decompile rpyc files) the answer is

Decompiling rpyc files
No script files to decompile.

I made several attempts but I could not get anything, and obviously in the scripts folders the corresponding .rpy files did not appear - as it should have been.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks in advance for the answer (and for not laughing at me …) :)
Ciao!

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
What am I doing wrong?
Except creating a new thread, when you should have asked on the tool's thread ? Nothing.

The rpyc files will be "uncompiled" only if the "rpy" files do not exist, and the message you get, that isn't an error message, explicitly tell you that the "rpy" files already exist. You don't see them because they are, I assume, in (one of) the "rpa" archives, that's all. So, choose to extract the content of those files, and you should have what you want.

pippo17

Dec 5, 2020
Sorry, as I said I'm a newbie and hadn't thought about asking the question directly on "Tools" UnRen thread (by the way, I had read it, before asking for help, but hadn't found anything that could help me).

So I'm going asking for help in the other thread, but I confirm that I have extracted from a .rpa archive (with rpatool) the .rpyc files I want to decompile , and there was no .rpy files in that archive, otherwise I would not have disturbed you.
Thank you. Regards. :)

Last edited: