RPGM Extracting art/text from a released game.

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
Okay, let's cut to the chase. Roundscape: Adorevia has some really hot dark fantasy lewds, trapped inside a inaccessible game. The devs long ago subsumed the one gallery mod, then proceeded to never update it; after locking access to it behind completion of two thirds of the game itself. So the in-game gallery is kinda borked, incredibly out of date compared to the rest of the game's content, and what content there is far outstrips RPG Maker's limited save system (so you can't just make a 'bookmark' save before every event if you wanted to easily experience them again later).

So if you wanted quick and easy access to the game's lewds, you need an outside solution. Either someone needs to dive into the spaghetti code and try to wrangle the in-game gallery into some semblance of shape, or some enterprising dipshit needs to find a way to extract the text and art so they can be presented in a more accessible format for easy access. Like, I dunno, assembling all of the scenes into a easy to browse archive in Ren'Py, so you can just view any scene at your leisure? If you want better context, play the game. But the game itself just lacks a sufficient easily accessible repository of all the game's current lewd content, and that's a real shame.

Now I might just be that dipshit, but I'm trying to do my homework first.

I figure there are two ways to go about this. The first, would be the very slow and entirely analogue process. Literally playing through the game dozens of times in an effort to access every variation of every lewd scene, and painstakingly record each of them (e.g. screengrabs) so they can be transferred by hand (e.g. writing text in a word editor copied from screengrabs).

But if TV infomercials taught me anything growing up, it is that There Has To Be A Better Way!™

So, do tools exist that'll let me browse the raw assets? All of the various versions of the lewd art, and the accompanying text for those lewd events? Is there a way to jury-rig it so that I can open it as a project in RPG Maker MV Ace? Is there a tool like UnRen that'll let me jump around inside the game while playing it to see various events for easier access?

I've been browsing for a bit, and haven't really found anything that's helped so far. Hell, I can't even find the lewds themselves. I know they're there. The 'img' directory is 3.24GB, but none of the folders within have the lewds, and the sum total of their folders is 1.35GB, meaning that almost 2GB worth of images are not viewable (and yes, I do have 'hidden items' set to viewable in explorer).

So I'm kinda at a loss here. I'm not looking to do a whole 'fan remake' of the game into Ren'Py, like others have done with Lisa, Lilly of the Valley, Anna Exciting Affection, etc. I just want to make an easily accessible lewd archive, cause the in-game one is crap. I don't mind putting in the work to spell-check and reformat the text for a new medium, but I'm kinda hoping I don't need to do a deep dive into both RPG Maker MV Ace and Ren'Py if I don't have to.