Eye constraints and batch rendering

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
Sorry if this has been asked/answered before, but I didn't find any solution.

If you pose a Genesis Figure and point their eyes to the cam, it's working well (as long a the cam is not to close).
When you save this scene and reload it, the eye position will be lost until you move the cam.

So if you want to batch render many scenes, you have to set eye constraints to the cam, copy the values, remove the constraint, copy the values to the scene manually ...... And if you decide to change the cam view, angle, disctance ... you will have to do it again.

Is there any way to solve this problem?

tia

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
As no__name indicates, this is a bug in Daz Studio. It's been there since at least version 4.9 - I know, I filed a bug report on it and provided a sample scene. But, it clearly hasn't been a priority for Daz to fix it.

SnubbLR

Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
I've seen the same issue posted here:

And they mention a script:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Do you guys think this would be a viable fix? And if so, how do I insert this code into DAZ?

ZerenDevi

May 29, 2019
The Look at Me scripts are great for this. Prior to that, I was using the constraints function and writing down the eye positions, then manually aiming them. It was a hassle, but it worked. Those scripts, though. they're the way.