Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes
Dec 11, 2019
DarK x Duke can you post here your full game list from the config? the one with the / in between names
A House In The Rift/Ataegina/Away From Home/Being a DIK/City of Broken Dreamers/Come Inside/Corrupted Kingdoms/Depravity/Ecchi Sensei/Echoes of Lust/False Hero/Harem Hotel/Hero's Harem Guild/Love and Submission/Love Season: Farmer's Dreams/Midnight Paradise/Milky Touch/MIST/Murmur/My Real Desire/Mythic Manor/Once in a Lifetime/Our Red String/Pale Carnations/Reluctant Archon/Savior/Summer's Gone/Sunshine Love/Tales Of Unity/The DeLuca Family/Unleashed/Waifu Academy/What a Legend!

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
A House In The Rift/Ataegina/Away From Home/Being a DIK/City of Broken Dreamers/Come Inside/Corrupted Kingdoms/Depravity/Ecchi Sensei/Echoes of Lust/False Hero/Harem Hotel/Hero's Harem Guild/Love and Submission/Love Season: Farmer's Dreams/Midnight Paradise/Milky Touch/MIST/Murmur/My Real Desire/Mythic Manor/Once in a Lifetime/Our Red String/Pale Carnations/Reluctant Archon/Savior/Summer's Gone/Sunshine Love/Tales Of Unity/The DeLuca Family/Unleashed/Waifu Academy/What a Legend!
found the issue: THIS ş little bastard in Savior's changelog somehow occupies two character places and made the exception catcher fuck up

EDIT: actually it was because there were 2 invalid characters next to one another, but i'm working on a good fix that figures out what these characters are and adds them to exceptions so that in the future even if 2 strange characters are close this doesn't happen again

Last edited:

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
DarK x Duke i suggest you edit your config file by removing everything after the user agent and leaving 2 empty lines at the end like this 1600636034267.png

R.

Nov 9, 2017
---------------------------
Encode Error!
---------------------------
Encountered Illegal character "\u2014", adding to exclusions... Please report this issue in the game thread! (do it before clicking ok as you wont see this again!)

Reactions: WillyJL

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Yes. Gui.
Error seems to happen when check reaches the end of the list.
Yea basically what’s happening is that there is an invalid character in the changelog of a game and that is supposed to be able to add an exception for that character and fix itself but if it still comes up I’d say it’s not really fixing itself lol... will look into it tomorrow... can you post the name of the game at which this happens please? Or if you can’t find what it is just your full game list?

max_z_smith

Dec 30, 2016
Seems like a great tool! A few comments/etc, in no specific order

• Initially program gave me error after trying to install components/etc on first run, ended up needing to run the .pyw file from a admin cmd prompt (Win10, Python 3.X). Might be because I have UAC set to "notify but don't dim desktop"? But once I ran the initial bit as admin, I can run the program no prob regularly.
  • The game "Life" (https://f95zone.to/threads/life-v0-15-01-fasder.6941/) isn't recognized when trying to fetch updates, tried adding via link and via thread ID, no dice.
  • For games that have long patchnotes, I can't see the bottom of the patchnotes window, nor can I click ok to dismiss that (although the latter I just hit press spacebar).
  • There was no indication in the UI that there were "open" buttons, I needed to widen the window, only knew to do so because I (gasp!) read the documentation. But there should be a horizontal scroll bar.

Overall, amazing tool! Seriously, it'll make my... Free time... A lot more efficient. Thanks!

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Seems like a great tool!
why thank you
Might be because I have UAC set to "notify but don't dim desktop"?
probably, i mean it has to install additional requirements so its understandable for it to have to be elevated... probably also depends where you installed python, as in having it in your user folder (e.g. C:\Users\...\AppData\Local... or whatever) probably wont require admin but having it in a place such as C:\Python\Python38-32 will require elevation to make changes to the disk
The game "Life" (https://f95zone.to/threads/life-v0-15-01-fasder.6941/) isn't recognized when trying to fetch updates, tried adding via link and via thread ID, no dice.
huh, will take a look at it
For games that have long patchnotes, I can't see the bottom of the patchnotes window, nor can I click ok to dismiss that (although the latter I just hit press spacebar).
somewhat true: whether you can see the end depends on your font an gui size settings for windows and the size and resolution of your monitor of course... anyway i made the script keep the whole changelog up to 69 "\n"s, which in programming and pcs in general \n means new line... i did it like this because in my case 69 was the sweetspot at which i could see the most but still see the ok button. as for the closing you should be able to see the x in the top right, as that is supposed to never go off bounds of your monitor
There was no indication in the UI that there were "open" buttons, I needed to widen the window, only knew to do so because I (gasp!) read the documentation. But there should be a horizontal scroll bar.
thats quite strange... could you not see the buttons even before you started adding games? because from how youre saying it it seems that a game you inserted has a title longer than the minimum size that the window gives to the list section, thus hiding the buttons until you expand the window. as for the scroll bar... sorry not sorry (jk) but having one was enough of a pain by itself... tkinter (the window manager this tool uses) is 30 years old now and is incredibly hard to work with... lets say its made for more basic things... but i mean part of the reason why i made it expandable is to prevent needing another scroll bar... and to be honest i personally think that expanding is much more convenient that having to use the scroll bar each time
Overall, amazing tool! Seriously, it'll make my... Free time... A lot more efficient. Thanks!
no problem, glad you find it useful :D

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
raf about Life... yeah... not much i can do here... you can see for yourself that if you make a quicksearch for Life in the games forum the actual game doesn't come up... guess theres too many other games with life in the title... but yeah i cant do anything about it, as the only possible way would be to completely change how the script works... sorry ;-;

EDIT: tell ya what... i could make an exception just for this game that instead of searching for "Life" it searches for "Fasder" as that way Life comes up

Last edited:

max_z_smith

Dec 30, 2016
why thank you

probably, i mean it has to install additional requirements so its understandable for it to have to be elevated... probably also depends where you installed python, as in having it in your user folder (e.g. C:\Users\...\AppData\Local... or whatever) probably wont require admin but having it in a place such as C:\Python\Python38-32 will require elevation to make changes to the disk

huh, will take a look at it

somewhat true: whether you can see the end depends on your font an gui size settings for windows and the size and resolution of your monitor of course... anyway i made the script keep the whole changelog up to 69 "\n"s, which in programming and pcs in general \n means new line... i did it like this because in my case 69 was the sweetspot at which i could see the most but still see the ok button. as for the closing you should be able to see the x in the top right, as that is supposed to never go off bounds of your monitor

thats quite strange... could you not see the buttons even before you started adding games? because from how youre saying it it seems that a game you inserted has a title longer than the minimum size that the window gives to the list section, thus hiding the buttons until you expand the window. as for the scroll bar... sorry not sorry (jk) but having one was enough of a pain by itself... tkinter (the window manager this tool uses) is 30 years old now and is incredibly hard to work with... lets say its made for more basic things... but i mean part of the reason why i made it expandable is to prevent needing another scroll bar... and to be honest i personally think that expanding is much more convenient that having to use the scroll bar each time

no problem, glad you find it useful :D
Yeah, I have the system set to increased text size, causes some issues.
  • Regarding "Life", no worries, one game out of.. too many not working on the tool is frankly fantastic.
  • Re the "open" button, at default windowed mode, program looks like this:

I had to drag the right edge of the program to the right, which eventually revealed the open buttons (here it is half-way revealed, dragging further fully reveals them).

as for the changelog, yeah I had totally missed the x in the top right.

Reactions: WillyJL

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Regarding "Life", no worries, one game out of.. too many not working on the tool is frankly fantastic.
i feel you :D but I already made a quick and dirty fix (the only fix that i can make tbh) that if the game name that its about to search is "Life" it will search for "Fasder" instead... i tested already and it works, will release a hotfix in a few minutes
yea i can tell from the screenshot that its because one of the names is too large for the minimum column size... either i make the games font a fixed size, so not os bound, or i leave it like that and you expand the window... your choice, you tell me :) well actually its already supposed to a be a fixed size so i can't do much about it, youll just have to expand it that little bit

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 21 Votes