Tool - Others - F95Checker [WillyJL]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Detsu Kai

F95Checker is a game-changer for keeping track of game updates. Its impressive speed, user-friendly setup, and compatibility across Windows, Linux, and MacOS make it stand out. The customizable interface with various viewing modes adds a personal touch. Support for 2FA accounts, alert features, and inbox checking enhance user security. The ability to track versions, launch games from the tool, and organize the library with custom labels offers great flexibility. The option to temporarily mute updates for archived games is a thoughtful addition. With detailed game information, including developer, status, and download links, F95Checker ensures a comprehensive overview. The inclusion of media support and a web browser extension enhances its functionality. In essence, F95Checker is a reliable, feature-rich tool that simplifies the process of staying updated on your favorite games.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Was a complete game-changer finding out this thing existed.

Incredibly useful tool with easily understandable filtering options and clean UI. It's definitely nice to not have to manually check the update list and try and remember what updates I have and haven't played yet.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

zoidbergstar

This tool makes it so much easier to keep track of what you want to watch, if you have watched it already, or have even downloaded it yet. Having access to all of this in one place is an invaluable tool for anyone using this site.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Ingfire

I had no idea this tool existed and discovering it today CHANGED MY LIFE. Tracking over 150 VNs manually was getting exhausting, and getting notifs of updates, changes, etc has hugely improved my process, though what I really needed was something that wasn't an excel spreadsheet to keep track of what I've played and whatnot LOL
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Noxilian

Incredibly useful tool for automatically tracking releases for VNs you want to keep up-to-date with on F95Zone.

The interface is intuitive - the browser extension makes to your library easy, and the tool automatically grabs and updates all metadata. There's even importing features for F95 bookmarks/watched threads, if you currently make use of those.

Once you are set up, you get notifications when VNs have a new release since the last one you've marked as having read. The sorting and filtering features are also useful, and allow a variety of personalized parameters like ratings and labels.

You can launch VNs directly from the tool's interface, but have to configure where the executable is manually beforehand. It would be nice if it were able to automatically detect updated executables for VNs, but this is a fairly minor issue - the tool is a tracker first, and a launcher second.

This is the kind of flexibility, customizability, and utility that F95Zone "should" really have built-in. Since it doesn't, this tool is a must-have for anyone who keeps track of VNs on F95Zone regularly.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

MayhemSixx

Amazing and simply essential.

When you're keeping track of a lot of games, marking them as "watched" on f95 just isn't enough, since (at the time of writing) there's no way to reliably check the latest updates among your watched games. F95Checker does just that. You open it, bam, since your last visit games A, B, C and J were updated, here's where you can download them, here's your coffee and have a nice day. Biggest timesaver ever, instead of checking hundreds of threads.

Not only that, there are several very useful sorting tools, and for each game you see the engine, the current version (and the one you have installed if they don't match), the forum score and your personal score, and the thread is just a click away. When I'm unsure what to play next, this tool is what I use to easily access information and make a decision.

Last but not least, the dev is present on the thread, always helpful, and he listens to popular demands for his updates.

For real, try it.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

WhiteVanDaycare

Makes F95 user friendly and allows you to have a library of games that it will detect updates for.

This is just filler because someone at F95 decided they need to be 200 characters long. How stupid is that, right?
  8. 5.00 star(s)

vistek

Wow, i simply don't have enough words to describe how useful this application is, it literally changed the way i browse f95, it made everything easier and simpler. Kudos to the dev and everyone involved in this project.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Hunteraulo

The best tool to manage my games.
    - Intuitive and beautiful design
    - Import of monitored threads in one click
    - Updated game detection
    - Regular updates
    - Active developer

To have used several it is the best.

What more can I say except, Thank you :love:
  10. 5.00 star(s)

xXxNeospiritxXx

By far the best Tool on this Page, it's a lifesaver. Can't wait for some of the future features like: Filter, Rating System and Game Tags!

+ Easy to Handle
    + Design is awesome and Customizable
    + Option to make some notes to every Game in your list

*edit all the features i have mentioned and more are now already in it :love:
  11. 5.00 star(s)

CCrusader

Just because I have over 50 games on my favorites list, it really was a pain in the ass to check every single thread to see if a game was updated and sometimes I was weeks or even months late to the party so this program is really a lifesaver for me. Of course, it has some problems but if you see the early versions you can really see the HUGE improvement and time that this guy put into this. And now that I use it, I can't imagine my life without it. Overall, it's an extremely useful tool by a very helpful guy. Good job Willy!
  12. 5.00 star(s)

AlterVermilion

If I had to define F95Checker in one word, that word would be "Essential".

It is simple and very practical, it hardly gives any problems and if it does, they are solved in a short time by the developer.

5 stars very well deserved.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

dejitaru

Does what it says, even keeps track of unread notifications and has color styling/theming. Can't really think of anything I would add except maybe import/export support and the dev has already mentioned that's for in the future.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

FaceCrap

Thank you very much for making this tool.
    Will make my life soooo much easier and saving me a butt load of time.
    If ever you're going to add a way to support this (e.g. buymeacoffee.com) I'll be sure to do so
  15. 5.00 star(s)

unroot

Using Version 10.2 on Devuan 4 Chimaera with Python 3.9.2.
    Using Version 9.5 on Devuan 4 Chimaera with Python 3.9.2.
    Using Version 8.5 on Devuan 4 Chimaera with Python 3.9.2.

This tools just works. (after a long time it works again on my system)
    A previous version (8.3h3) ran even for more than a week without any issues before i closed it. That means it should be stable even for systems with a long uptime.

PRO:
    (not really formulated for a list)
    • This tool is helpful for a big library of games (like mine) cause it shows what i downloaded and played so far (separate check-marks for each). It's able to show what games have updates (and shows change-logs if the thread has them), if the game is complete/onHold/abadoned and you can see the version in the list.
    • The UI is clean, easy to use and can be colored to fit your desktop theme (Qt5-based). It even shows the header-pic (even animated ones) of the game-thread on the Refresh button if you hover over a game in the list to remind you visually about the game.
    • You can import various things into the list like your watched and/or bookmarked threads from F95 and (untested) from your browser.
    • You can keep notes for a game, for example cheats you found in the thread or what way you were playing with your latest save.
    • You can add own labels, even with a symbol to show it in short
    • The login-feature to grep the cookie data works fine
    • It prevents you from accidentally deleting an list entry (9.5 not tested yet)
    • The Author/Creator is active and works with the people to fix bugs and make improvements (additional points from me for making it OpenSource) (Had even enough impact to initiate creation of an API for checking to reliefs F95s servers)
    CONTRA:
    (I tried to see both sides here, User and Coder.)
    • No automated Refresh if the tool is NOT in background mode (Not sure how that would work without creating too much windows over the night) lets say: with a new tag (ai-cg) and a change to the API it's better to don't get that many popups again (and those were only manual refreshes, so be glad)
    • Six hardcoded browsers (Can be changed in code but not with the UI) no hardcoded browsers anymore (at least on linux. Found my default FF and i changed it to another manually via UI)
    • Doesn't read your game-folders (You have to manage your list by yourself) - still valid but it can now read your favorites and watched games from F95 and your browser. And you can even issue a path to your collection
    • Add by title with the search bar isn't that reliable (can be avoided by using URLs) (V8.3h3) (not tested it that hard with 9.5 10.2, but it shows a list of found items to select what was meant. will strike it if it finds all my games without issues)(still not tested, i'm lazy)
    • Doesn't cook coffee :coffee: (Well, no software so far does that :LOL:)
    (That joke about coffee just had to be here)​

As I had to do a fresh system installation, I can now say the login-system works. As this tool has moved away from .json to sql3 i had to login again. It should ask to login on the first interaction with F95 (for example a refresh, even with an empty list) (I didn't try to uncheck the "Keep me logged in" as it seemed to be pointless doing that)

Background-mode is now not tested and works fine , but seems to work(10.2 is too new, could only catch an alert for now)(Only a minor icon-glitch on my system)(Throws an error popup in BG mode if you have a deleted game in the list that isn't converted to custom yet)

EDIT: I update this review sometimes with new information. My latest used version will be keept in the first line so you can see what version I'm writing about
  16. 5.00 star(s)

The1andonly

Great tool, has a clean interface and extremely convenient to use.
    Especially the background mode is such a good idea, makes you wonder why did nobody else think of this? Also the developer is ready and willing to assist everyone and while the tool is relatively bug-free, WillyJL is still there if you have problems.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Phoenix72

This tool is very convenient, I was able to get rid of my spreadsheet and keep track of the games all in one place. Consolidating my lists helped me realize how many duplicates I had. I love that this tool does not allow duplicates and has a simple user interface. I also appreciate how quickly the developer responds to posts and requests.

Thank you for this awesome tool application.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

maver!ck

Very useful tool for checking updates for multiple games. The ability to check for updates with just one click instead of checking each games' respective threads one by one is great. The other features are useful as well, It is user friendly and it looks good.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

L_sir

Oh boi this saves alot of time to go back and fort for news and stuff,

Cant go back from my old way were i just open tabs and keep them there for more news and updated, how long have I not seen this kind of magnificent beast.

Hope others would appreciate that this kind of dedication that you give and thank you. (y)
  20. 5.00 star(s)

abada25

With one word, useful.

With 3 words, useful as fuck.

I just realized i can review this, i would've done it already if i realized it sooner. Probably deserves more than 5 stars since i could give it 5 several versions ago.

OP is a great guy who listens and values ideas, and tries his best to fix that annoying bugs.

ps. It definitely deserves that sweet sticky spot, don't sell yourself short :)