Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes
Mar 23, 2021
It would be in a field below what your screenshot shows there....but it may be a situation where you need to download a beta/dev version...

View attachment 3445583

If you don't see "Last Updated" as an editable field for you like the screenshot above, go to the original post in this thread and scroll down to the section about trying new features early.
That has to be the case, as my custom looks like this:
1710528561382.png

Savor

Jan 30, 2018
would have a suggestion to add alongside the "finished" and "installed" flags another "currently playing" flag.
Sometimes hard to remember the name of the game you're currently on.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
would have a suggestion to add alongside the "finished" and "installed" flags another "currently playing" flag.
Make a label

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
I transferred my config (AppData\Roaming\f95checker) to a new (to me ;) ) machine with oldish Intel graphics (G2020 CPU). All I see is a black screen unless I mouse over where a game entry would be, then the game pic/banner shows in top right. Is there potentially anything I could do to fix this in config or will I need to get a proper GPU? Thanks.

Edit: Also using beta/unreleased build #1143 FWIW.

r37r05p3C7

Nov 8, 2023
I transferred my config (AppData\Roaming\f95checker) to a new (to me ;) ) machine with oldish Intel graphics (G2020 CPU). All I see is a black screen unless I mouse over where a game entry would be, then the game pic/banner shows in top right. Is there potentially anything I could do to fix this in config or will I need to get a proper GPU? Thanks.

Edit: Also using beta/unreleased build #1143 FWIW.
there is no config for graphics, try to install latest , and it should work. afaik requirements for this app are very low, you need opengl 3.3 or greater, and your g2020 comes with 4.0 according to the docs.

• Red Heart
Reactions: baloneysammich

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
there is no config for graphics, try to install latest , and it should work. afaik requirements for this app are very low, you need opengl 3.3 or greater, and your g2020 comes with 4.0 according to the docs.
Hmm. Maybe WillyJL updated OpenGL reqs since the last proper release (10.2), because aside from some column issues that version works fine. I also tried an older beta build (which IIRC is the one I was using on my other PC [NVidia GPU] for an improvement in Custom games management) and had the black screen issue with that too. This is all after updating the Intel GPU drivers, which was a bit of an ordeal because the "Driver Assistant" said I had the latest version (which I didn't). Maybe because it's a Lenovo that was never "certified" or whatever for Win 10.

Edit: Proper release works visually anyway, but if I try to do a refresh I get an error "Invalid threads data or >100". Oh, well. Guess I'll look into a cheap NVidia GPU.

Last edited:

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
I don't know what to tell you, I am unable to replicate your issue. Is anyone else able to replicate this issue?
I had to enable smooth-scroll to test, but... same here... can't replicate it. Neither can I reproduce the problem with reversing direction.
Since it doesn't happen for everyone, there is likely another external factor at play here.

Wolfram99, Just for the heck of it, does the same happen if you switch the mouse?
Like if you're using one with advanced features, say programmable DPI, does it change if you use a plain 2btn/1whl mouse?

Seeing as how a vsync setting seems to affect it, what happens if you set it to uncapped (i.e. 1:0)?
How much does changing smoothness affect it? If at all? And if so, what values?

It's odd though, I don't like smoothscroll that much to begin with, but am always willing to try.
Thing is, the reason I've got it disabled is different from me not being a fan.
The only problem I have with smoothscroll is that _sometimes_ when I scroll, the listview (my default) very shortly scrolls a bit in the opposite direction from the wheel when I start turning the mouse wheel before it follows the wheel direction.
If it was only one or less than one line I might have stuck with it, but the scrolled amount is too much to ignore it.

Wanted to ask. If I archive a game, does the program still update all the information about that game, just no notifications?
I just want to add a separate tab, where there will be many archived games, but I do not want the program to waste resources and time to check these archive games, especially when full refresh
You could convert them all to Custom Games, besides setting them as archived? As far as I know, these never get checked/refreshed.

You can (ab)use the play button for that. Assign an exe to the game you're currently playing, and the button highlights.
Clear the exe when you finished playing the update.

Last edited:

Wolfram99

Aug 20, 2023
I had to enable smooth-scroll to test, but... same here... can't replicate it. Neither can I reproduce the problem with reversing direction.
Since it doesn't happen for everyone, there is likely another external factor at play here.

Wolfram99, Just for the heck of it, does the same happen if you switch the mouse?
Like if you're using one with advanced features, say programmable DPI, does it change if you use a plain 2btn/1whl mouse?

Seeing as how a vsync setting seems to affect it, what happens if you set it to uncapped (i.e. 1:0)?
How much does changing smoothness affect it? If at all? And if so, what values?

It's odd though, I don't like smoothscroll that much to begin with, but am always willing to try.
Thing is, the reason I've got it disabled is different from me not being a fan.
The only problem I have with smoothscroll is that _sometimes_ when I scroll, the listview (my default) very shortly scrolls a bit in the opposite direction from the wheel when I start turning the mouse wheel before it follows the wheel direction.
If it was only one or less than one line I might have stuck with it, but the scrolled amount is too much to ignore it.
At vsync 1:0 500fps.
Smooth scrolling on.
Smoothness of 1 makes the up scroll and down miss keypresses, with the downscroll being ignored if i do it at a rate of ~1/sec or below, while upscroll has no deadzone just occasional key-press ignorance.
The distance ratio is maybe 100:1, if i dont downscroll fast enough it goes at almost 1pixel/scroll.
With smoothness of 8 the inputs are no longer occasionally ignored.

main mouse razer DA v3, backup mouse generic Kensington wireless 2.4ghz.
here is how it looks
and here without smoothscroll.

simple_human

Dec 2, 2018
You could convert them all to Custom Games, besides setting them as archived? As far as I know, these never get checked/refreshed.
I know that, but the problem is there's not gonna be a icons on the site.
The point is that I want certain links to be marked on the site, but not to use program resources to refresh them, for example:
1111.png 22222.png

I created a tab with a dislikes icon. These are games I don't like. I added them to the program so that I could see those games on the site

The whole point is the icons. If I want a game to have a custom icon on site, it needs to be added to the program, but I don't want this game to consume resources of the program.

So it would be nice if there was a function to ignore the game in the F95Checker, so that the game would never refresh.

Last edited:

harem.king

Aug 16, 2023
unfortunately, there's nothing you can do right now except removing the offending thread. missing tags will be added to the beta version later.
changes to tags are not new, they will continue to occur.
every time tags change it causes a problem.
so I think there really should be a change in how f95 checker handles an unrecognized tag.
instead of aborting with an error. it should create a file "new_tags.txt". drop the new tags it find there.
do not make duplicates. rather check the file first to see if it is there. if it is already in the file, ignore it.
if it is not in the file, display a one time popup informing the user that an unrecognized tag was encountered

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
AFAIK, all the tags are in some json in the latest updates page source. IMO the best way to handle changes going forward would be to parse that and store the tags list in the database rather than the source. I guess that's easier said than done though, otherwise it probably would have happened already.

Reactions: harem.king

r37r05p3C7

Nov 8, 2023
so I think there really should be a change in how f95 checker handles an unrecognized tag.
Beat you to it :) pending approval
I guess that's easier said than done though, otherwise it probably would have happened already.
Yes, the main reason tags are hardcoded is due to reliability concerns. Parsing the latest updates page or any other forum page might work for some time, but since these sources are not meant to be used by third party apps, any changes made to them are almost always breaking changes, meaning users still might encounter errors related to tags. Plus AFAIK the latest updates page, which was custom built for this forum, is the only place where all tags are publicly exposed all at once. Switching from hardcoded tags to tag parsing will require a significant overhaul of existing system and potentially introduce new points of failure.

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes