Fairly new to das3d, some questions

Seath Black

Jun 17, 2020
So spent about 3 hours looking for movable genitals for both females and males, but i aint paying 150 for a pro from daz for 1 damn set, then another for females.
i dont mind paying for the resourses, but not THAT much. and ideas or sites to get the needed parts for my models in das? Thanks!

Seath Black

Jun 17, 2020
for the life of me, i can not locate where to install the damn files lol. i know, im worthless
Do you install from das, or under the folder om the pc?

Seath Black

Jun 17, 2020
getting this for both male and female when i load in the genitals.
just shows a gray box on both male and females parts
i put the files where they are suppose to
"data/meipex/goldenpalace/goldenpalace_genitalia_v2/goldenpalace_2254.dsf"

any idea?

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
Edit: looks like you have the second data format, the one with the data folder

Ah, time for terrible windows/daz file systems.
There are 2 ways files are installed, assuming you are not using any other tool.
1 after you download the files, you'll probably need to extract them.
2 After extracting (if needed), There are two types of files you want to find.
Either, a .zip file but it starts with IM (for install mananger) and a bunch of numbers then the product name
Or, a bunch of folders that may say data, People, Runtime
These two are installed in different ways
the IM_#####_name.zip files need to be placed in the daz download location (I'll explain)
the other type, the folders, need to be coppied to a install location for daz.

Now, what version of daz are you using? I recently tried to help my friend install daz, and I guess there is a new version of daz with a fancy Welcome Window that acts as your download hub. I for the life of me hate it! It simplifies the process so much that for technically oriented work, you can't do anything. If you have an older version of daz where you use use the Daz Instal Manager program instead of the stupid welcome window, then if you click on a gear icon and go through the tabs, it litterally gives you the name of all the locations files are found and sent to. I was not able to find a similar list with working with the newer daz welcome window, but the file locations should be in similar locations.

For the IM.zip files. We have to go to where the Daz Instal Manager (DIM) downloads things. For me this was %appdata%, Daz3D/InstallManager/Downloads. Just move the zip files into this folder, and when you refresh the daz install manager, they should show up ready for installing. I am not sure if there is an easy way to find this location (if not here) other than to go to the DIM settings and seeing where it says its downloads are.

for raw files (data folder, people folder, runtime folder) you can ignore folders that say ReadMe or Documentation
Copy these files, and then at least for me, I had to go to my Documents/ Daz 3D/ Studio/ My Daz Connect Library. Inside you should see a lot of folders, and some saying data, people, Runtime. Paste
If you can't find this location, open up daz, go to the content tab (left side, below the smart content tab where you pick clothes and stuff), open up the different files untill you see a bunch of folders where it looks like a bunch of things. In people you should see the different model names, and if you have content installed for a model, ie Genesis Female 8, if you open the file you should see a lot and lot of files of things you have installed. If you see this then this is the right location, Right click anywhere and select browse file location or open file location in new window or something, it will open up a file explore, just go back up the chain of folders till you are in the My Daz Connect Library folder, paste the files here.

note, things pasted in often will not show up in the smart content tab since they were never registered, so you'll have to get familiar with the ugly content database tab. Optionally you could look into other tools to install daz assets, they may be able to make a IM.zip file or something or someway to regerster the content so that the smart content filter can use them, but I'm too lazy to use these so Idk

Seath Black

Jun 17, 2020
the files are where they are suppose to be according to install instructions. but when i hit the load into the model, it shows a list of things that are missing.
Question, once the files are in the folder, am i suppose to install them some how? i dont see them in the install tab under das. Thanks!

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
No, you don't need to install them after you've moved the folders, make sure to move all the folders, Data, People, Runtime, those are the common ones at least but there may be others.

Lucky Guerrilla

Game Developer
Jan 26, 2021
You might need to reduce the size of dicktator. Unless you're going for donkey dong as an aesthetic.