4.00 star(s) 32 Votes

Mercedes

Nov 19, 2017
Posted on Patreon, where the payment option was also changed from monthly to per creation.

Jul 21 at 8:24 pm
Per creation
Hello, folks.

Sorry to make you worry about our absence again, but we had a "hot summer", and it's not about the weather, it's about the heated situation. What is the point of departure for the problem? There is no time or effort to do so, read your comments, messages and emails.

Now we are back in the ranks and continue to work on the adventures of Natasha. However, a long absence has not gone unnoticed, and we have returned to our previous performance condition. Until the end of July, so now we are switching the payment system to the "per creation" mode until the update is released. This measure wants to be sure that your funds will not be wasted and will encourage us to work harder.

Next week, as soon as we get back to normal, there will be more news about the development progress, upcoming innovations and deadlines.
Thank you for staying with us. The number of patrons has become even more than that, despite the long period of silence. This gives us extra strength in our work.

Reactions: Taak and deaddog

Sin-X

God of Death
Donor
Apr 30, 2017
Posted on Patreon, where the payment option was also changed from monthly to per creation.

Jul 21 at 8:24 pm
Per creation
Hello, folks.

Sorry to make you worry about our absence again, but we had a "hot summer", and it's not about the weather, it's about the heated situation. What is the point of departure for the problem? There is no time or effort to do so, read your comments, messages and emails.

Now we are back in the ranks and continue to work on the adventures of Natasha. However, a long absence has not gone unnoticed, and we have returned to our previous performance condition. Until the end of July, so now we are switching the payment system to the "per creation" mode until the update is released. This measure wants to be sure that your funds will not be wasted and will encourage us to work harder.

Next week, as soon as we get back to normal, there will be more news about the development progress, upcoming innovations and deadlines.
Thank you for staying with us. The number of patrons has become even more than that, despite the long period of silence. This gives us extra strength in our work.

Meh I love this game so far but I get sick of these BS excuses for not getting stuff done "wah wah, summer is to hot we can't work"

Pro Tips for dealing with summer.

1. Buy a fricken fan.
2. Strip down to your undies.
3. Take an ice bath.
4. Work at night time when it gets a bit cooler.

As insensitive as it may seem I just don't see it as a valid excuse, if I called my boss to say i'm not coming in because it's to hot, I would very quickly get told to man the fuck up or find a new job.

In my opinion this translates to "The sun came out and we wanted to enjoy it so we couldn't be fucked to work on the project" which would be a perfectly reasonable thing to do but atleast be honest about it.

Mercedes

Nov 19, 2017
In my opinion this translates to "The sun came out and we wanted to enjoy it so we couldn't be fucked to work on the project" which would be a perfectly reasonable thing to do but atleast be honest about it.
This is an opinion that nobody can control.
But it can also be that the developers really have a full workload, or a row in the family because they spend so much free time in the game.

Please consider. Most of them do it as a hobby and out of love for the actual topic. In this case Fallout, that I myself play since part 1. They do not get enough donations to give up their jobs and work on the game 24/7.
And those who believe in and support these developers financially - and in sums that are multiple times a full-price game, are then those who defend the developers, while those who have never given anything always demand.
Well, nobody can control that, either. Feel now attacked or ignore my contribution - or just have patience until the next update and find yourself in the meantime one or two other games that you can try.

(Written by Google Translate, so please excuse some disagreements in the text)

Sin-X

God of Death
Donor
Apr 30, 2017
This is an opinion that nobody can control.
But it can also be that the developers really have a full workload, or a row in the family because they spend so much free time in the game.

Please consider. Most of them do it as a hobby and out of love for the actual topic. In this case Fallout, that I myself play since part 1. They do not get enough donations to give up their jobs and work on the game 24/7.
And those who believe in and support these developers financially - and in sums that are multiple times a full-price game, are then those who defend the developers, while those who have never given anything always demand.
Well, nobody can control that, either. Feel now attacked or ignore my contribution - or just have patience until the next update and find yourself in the meantime one or two other games that you can try.

(Written by Google Translate, so please excuse some disagreements in the text)
I do not feel attacked by your contribution, It's your opinion to which each person is entitled. However I offer a counter arguement to a well made point which I like to call the - hobbyist defence.

Hobby
While this may indeed be a Hobby for most devs, the very moment you begin to ask for any form of monetary value/contribution towards said project it's my personal belief that there is an expectation for the dev to then provide content at the rate to which they promised, while there are sometimes problems regarding situations of a private nature these would often not be considered a valid excuse.

In the real world a person doesn't get to just take time off there job due to home life issues, they are expected to keep there home life and work place seperate, especially when it concerns project monetization and a client base. There are limited circumstances where an absense is expected i.e family emergencies but lets not go into that as it's not really prudent to my point.

Just as a point of clarification I'm not trying to lynch the dev because they took a long break from making the game I personally enjoy this game more then most others on this site, I'm just stating that the "it's to hot" excuse is not really a valid reason for doing nothing for several months.

Tempertures of 30C in england are considered to be more unbearable then scorching hot place's like the Jordanian desert in the middle east which is known to have tempertures of 53C for example. This is due to humity, and the greatest thing about temperture and humity is that it's fully controllable through the use of air conditioning units, dehumidifiers and other form of temperture control.

So please understand I have no issue with this dev or the break they have taken, I just simply find there excuse for doing so to be somewhat rubbish.

Last edited:

mustafarr

Feb 20, 2018
I do not feel attacked by your contribution, It's your opinion to which each person is entitled. However I offer a counter arguement to a well made point which I like to call the - hobbyist defence.

Hobby
While this may indeed be a Hobby for most devs, the very moment you begin to ask for any form of monetary value/contribution towards said project it's my personal belief that there is an expectation for the dev to then provide content at the rate to which they promised, while there are sometimes problems regarding situations of a private nature these would often not be considered a valid excuse.

In the real world a person doesn't get to just take time off there job due to home life issues, they are expected to keep there home life and work place seperate, especially when it concerns project monetization and a client base. There are limited circumstances where an absense is expected i.e family emergencies but lets not go into that as it's not really prudent to my point.

Just as a point of clarification I'm not trying to lynch the dev because they took a long break from making the game I personally enjoy this game more then most others on this site, I'm just stating that the "it's to hot" excuse is not really a valid reason for doing nothing for several months.

Tempertures of 30C in england are considered to be more unbearable then scorching hot place's like the Jordanian desert in the middle east which is known to have tempertures of 53C for example. This is due to humity, and the greatest thing about temperture and humity is that it's fully controllable through the use of air conditioning units, dehumidifiers and other form of temperture control.

So please understand I have no issue with this dev or the break they have taken, I just simply find there excuse for doing so to be somewhat rubbish.
Didn't their post literally say "And it's not about the weather" when saying they had a hot summer? I interpreted it as them saying they had been having drama disrupt them.

Sin-X

God of Death
Donor
Apr 30, 2017
Didn't their post literally say "And it's not about the weather" when saying they had a hot summer? I interpreted it as them saying they had been having drama disrupt them.
Sorry to make you worry about our absence again, but we had a "hot summer", and it's not about the weather, it's about the heated situation.
This is a single sentence with zero context either side of it signifying a drama related situation, any native english speaker would interpret this as a self-contradiction. Essentially them saying its not the weather, it's the heat.

However lets presume I am mistaken an there were infact other situations going on, the point of my post is mearly to state that the hobbyist defence is not an acceptable argument if you have monetised the product, although donations are a choice you are still asking for a monetary value for your works.

Secondly it always tends to be the same things with patreon creators, my life got to busy, It got to hot to work, I had a family emergency. While I wish each and every creator the best of health I find giving every last one of them the benefit of the doubt to be foolish.

If you're going to dedicate yourself to a project then get to work and get shit done.

Just a personal opinion.

iwf_dr

Feb 12, 2018
This game is one of my favorites, we hope you continue to release updates and that they are always fantastic :D:p

4.00 star(s) 32 Votes