VN Ren'Py Abandoned Fallen Roads [v0.2] [Boketto Games]

3.70 star(s) 32 Votes

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
So... I'm going to assume she was raped since the dev abandoned the game
The Dev implied she cheated in the first update, but then made it look like maybe things weren't as they seem in the second update. There were some commenters who did not handle that well.
My opinion.

Harem Trooper

Oct 4, 2017
It does appear to be heading in that direction. I might be reading too much into it but consider this:

View attachment 1454750

In his Discord channel he has told that he had previous knowledge of the VN scene so I do not know why the first sentence is cut short and the need to involve a moderator and then have the Q&A on Discord and say that Ava is based on his ex that cheated on him but Ava is not a cheater. Then when the whole shit hits the fan and the NTR crowd went crazy he posts this in his Discord.

View attachment 1454753

I don't really care for the NTR part but I do like to point out the part that says "just the middle of it has a few vocal incels who can't accept characters that act like human beings.".

We know that he already said that Ava and Annie are here to stay, the only choice we will get is if we want to end up with any of them at the end. So They will be shoved down our throats until the end. That's all fine and dandy, but my worry is that if Ava is based in his cheating ex and we have to stomach her all the VN, this will be like entering the dev's mind. Are we going to have to be bombarded with the dev's rationalization of why we should wag our tails to a cheating ex girlfriend? We have the first rationalization in the second update, she didn't cheat, she may or may not have been raped.

So what I gathered from that is that the dev has it all planned, he knows who Ava is and who Annie is, they are the women that for reasons unknown to us were chummy and even more with Leo/MC's bullies and never tried to stop them while using the MC as a therapy dog. There is a time jump and he just out of the blue accepts to go on a road trip with the "friend" that by his own words ghosted him and she is just using him because she has none to trust. I could keep on piling shit up but I think I made my point.

So you either like them or you are an incel. I get that they have flaws and all but the only one that does not "act like a human being" is the MC. I think that the only way to turn this around is if the MC turns out to be a massive asshole to be on leveled ground and then we can say that all of them act like real human beings. :KEK:

Going by the few choices that are present in the game it is looking like we may have to simp our way into their panties. :KEK:

If the dev reads this, dude there is a difference between been a friend and been a floormat. :ROFLMAO:
I had my doubts about this game how it ended...but after seeing the dev calling people incels because they dont like NTR or how they cant accept a LI like Ava or Annie kinda makes me think that nothing would been changed about MC being a spinless loser and the the only two love interests being hoes. I guess it was from the beginning the sole purpose of the game to be a beta-provider who picks up the sloppy seconds after they got used and being used during the story.

Reactions: v1900

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
I had my doubts about this game how it ended...but after seeing the dev calling people incels because they dont like NTR or how they cant accept a LI like Ava or Annie kinda makes me think that nothing would been changed about MC being a spinless loser and the the only two love interests being hoes. I guess it was from the beginning the sole purpose of the game to be a beta-provider who picks up the sloppy seconds after they got used and being used during the story.
Also, a constant guilt trip for the MC. The dev built what looked like an objective narrative to fool the reader. Starting with the second chapter it all starts to degenerate into "it's all MC's fault for not trusting his girlfriend". I have seen that plot device in other media, and I see two issues with what the dev did with it.

First. All the media with a similar plot device I have seen is a heavy drama where all goes to shit and there is no happy ending or any way to mend the relationship. That is the normal course for the plot to take because that is how realistic characters react. Heck that is how some NTR plots start because that plot device is surefire way to end a relationship.

Second. The dev messed up the way he structured his plot device. The correct way would have been to not show what happened at the party so Ava's version could have truth and merit. As it stands the reader has more information than the MC but none of the player choices reflect it, so it serves no purpose. This makes it feel more like a kinetic novel than an interactive one.

We as the observer/player have access to an omniscient point of view so we know that what Ava and Annie do or say is bullshit, but I don't know if it is intentional, or the dev actually thinks their behavior is socially acceptable. Our only option is to watch how this sad piece of shit MC gets guilt tripped and if the dev had continued development, I suspect the only real option would be to lick their feet in hope of a handjob.

Last edited:

Harem Trooper

Oct 4, 2017
Also, a constant guilt trip for the MC. The dev built what looked like an objective narrative to fool the reader. Starting with the second chapter it all starts to degenerate into "it's all MC's fault for not trusting his girlfriend". I have seen that plot device in other media, and I see two issues with what the dev did with it.

First. All the media with a similar plot device I have seen is a heavy drama where all goes to shit and there is no happy ending or any way to mend the relationship. That is the normal course for the plot to take because that is how realistic characters react. Heck that is how some NTR plots start because that plot device is surefire way to end a relationship.

Second. The dev messed up the way he structured his plot device. The correct way would have been to not show what happened at the party so Ava's version could have truth and merit. As it stands the reader has more information than the MC but none of the player choices reflect it, so it serves no purpose. This makes it feel more like a kinetic novel than an interactive one.

We as the observer/player have access to an omniscient point of view so we know that what Ava and Annie do or say is bullshit, but I don't know if it is intentional, or the dev actually thinks their behavior is socially acceptable. Our only option is to watch how this sad piece of shit MC gets guilt tripped and if the dev had continued development, I suspect the only real option would be to lick their feet in hope of a handjob.
I dont want to restart a old conversation about a abandoned game as I only played the game and made my peace with it, but as I saw dev comments which you posted degrading everything as "incels" type of argument made me post my own two scents.

Im pretty aware of the fact that Devs/Authors dont like when their own work gets insulted. Who does ? But even he himself said there exists clear contradictions in his own game. And I dont buy his excuse that everything played out as she planed when everyone points out ch.1 and ch.2 plays, reads and behave completely different from each other and then he himself says he will "adjust" to make them work better in Ep.3... if he decides to come back.

However its obvious he wanted to make a story line where Ava cheats on MC and there will be drama involved her and MC forgiving her...but he didnt thought much about it and saw people cant forget her no mater how he could spin it around, hence the whole retcon of her being now the victim of being drugged and raped. Despite hating it, It would been better if he stayed on ship with the hoe cheating on him as everything made it clear she did. Now everything reads and feels as a pathethic, emergency fix so people would stop hating her but start to sympathize with her. Not that its a bad move, but how things happend before didnt made up sense with what happend now. And even with this move people still cant like her since she either fucked him anyway or wanted to do that on her own as she went to this party.

Its not a game for me for sure. None of them are likeable and I dont see any other girls being love interests. But that the game will force you onto you through the whole story is obvious a thick thorn in the eyes for the players but also the supposed "realistic" game has strangely very many convenient event after event.

In all it was still a good experience of how not to do a "romance" involving a cheating Love interest. Thats why I think people should still try it so they know of what and why not to do things.

Reactions: v1900

JoeAngel

Oct 16, 2020
I dont want to restart a old conversation about a abandoned game as I only played the game and made my peace with it, but as I saw dev comments which you posted degrading everything as "incels" type of argument made me post my own two scents.

Im pretty aware of the fact that Devs/Authors dont like when their own work gets insulted. Who does ? But even he himself said there exists clear contradictions in his own game. And I dont buy his excuse that everything played out as she planed when everyone points out ch.1 and ch.2 plays, reads and behave completely different from each other and then he himself says he will "adjust" to make them work better in Ep.3... if he decides to come back.

However its obvious he wanted to make a story line where Ava cheats on MC and there will be drama involved her and MC forgiving her...but he didnt thought much about it and saw people cant forget her no mater how he could spin it around, hence the whole retcon of her being now the victim of being drugged and raped. Despite hating it, It would been better if he stayed on ship with the hoe cheating on him as everything made it clear she did. Now everything reads and feels as a pathethic, emergency fix so people would stop hating her but start to sympathize with her. Not that its a bad move, but how things happend before didnt made up sense with what happend now. And even with this move people still cant like her since she either fucked him anyway or wanted to do that on her own as she went to this party.

Its not a game for me for sure. None of them are likeable and I dont see any other girls being love interests. But that the game will force you onto you through the whole story is obvious a thick thorn in the eyes for the players but also the supposed "realistic" game has strangely very many convenient event after event.

In all it was still a good experience of how not to do a "romance" involving a cheating Love interest. Thats why I think people should still try it so they know of what and why not to do things.
sorry to bother i didn't see even see what your talking about but something catch my eyes the tag Gif What the name of this game ?

3.70 star(s) 32 Votes