VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Fallen Roads [v0.2] [Boketto Games]

1. 2.00 star(s)

maninx

Version 0.2

JUST PLAIN STUPID the fuck have i just read
    The new update started well but that last minute reveal just made this story a cheap drama crap
    Could have been a great story such a shame had so much potential and the story could go a lot of ways but sadly it took the worst one to go off the cliff
    Dev probably thinks to himself what a plot twist i just did there but couldn't realise it was the corniest shit.
    I'll just downgrade from 5 stars to 2 starts for the efforts in render and presentations and settings really could have been a great story driven VN with mental undertone but sadly now just it's become too cliche.

version 0.1 - [Past review]

Oh man where do I begin This is some top notch creative stuff

Pros-
    This VN probably has the best presentation ever
    Great renders with excellent animations and there are so many of them in just the first release
    Very artistic and creative approach to story telling and presentation
    Also the decisions matter
    The story is also exceptional as there aren't many VN based on psychological states
    Top notch writing with engaging dialogues and humor that goes really well with the plot
    Also has good choice of music and sfx.

Conclusion-
    I just loved it really enjoyed it and it's only the beginning damn can't wait for what's to come

Great work dev you've outdone yourself in my opinion
    Goodluck in your endeavors.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

TheDwayneTrain

Great start! I'm hooked. MC feels relatable and the scenario is going to be an emotional rollercoaster for sure. This is gonna be up there with the best of 'em. Mental health issues are no joke...it's a breath of fresh air to push it to the forefront of an adult VN. Responsibly done so far...
  3. 5.00 star(s)

scalvi

This one goes right to my favorite list.
    The story so far is good, moody and dark which is to my liking. It kind of just drags you into it. I'm pretty sure the dev was inspired by one particular game where MC lost his girlfriend. Kinda similar idea here but different circumstances.
    There are no animations, but essentially short films that almost make you forget that this is a visual novel.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

Fortuna ღ

This game has a bright future ahead of it. Keep in mind that this is an introduction, so that alone is amazing. The potential this game has is quite remarkable. The idea of making an adult visual novel about mental health issues is already quite intriguing. Making us learn about and deal with the struggles of others is making it a whole lot better.

If you're reading this and wondering "Should I give this game a try?" then please stop wondering and try it out. I hope the developer of this game continues developing this, because the story and the writing are both top notch.

Please support the dev and the game! Future's looking bright for this! I really hope they continue.

Update: I am heavily disappointed. I honestly feel as if Yusuf changed his original plot due to the amount of hate that both LI's were receiving. It's no longer realistic, and no longer coherent. Too many inconsistencies now. The latest update(0.2) completely changed what had happened in the initial release. Regardless of what happened, Ava still went against MC's wishes deliberately multiple times. What's more, is that she'd gone to a place filled with people who were at odds with MC. She'd already ventured into relationship-ending territory long before Bryce had tried anything. I'm not making light of what could have possibly happened to her, but she'd brought it all on herself.

The other LI, Anna I believe her name was, is just as bad. She'd gotten into a relationship with someone who'd routinely beat up one of her best friends. At this point, I don't really understand how you can justify something like that. She's also manipulative and a terrible friend(as she'd instantly believed a story from someone she'd just met as opposed to someone she'd been friends with for years). She was a terrible friend(from what is currently known) and realistically would have been disqualified from being a lover the moment she'd thought it was a good idea to date someone that bullied her best friend.

What makes things all the worse, is that these two ladies are the only main LI's. You as the player are forced to interact with them and spend time with them throughout the novel, and honestly, it is pretty ridiculous. What's even more upsetting is that MC just takes whatever Anna throws at him. She's overstepping her boundaries as a friend, demanding him listen to Ava like that.

In the end, it pains me to write this because, as you may have seen before this update, I had really high hopes for this AVN. I'd expected much more in regards to the story, and I guess that is my mistake. As it stands right now, I would not recommend this AVN. Unless Yusuf goes back and changes this update fundamentally(as far as the story is concerned), I don't see things getting any better. Looking at it from a writing perspective, things went downhill incredibly fast with this update. It's very sad, really.

Animation: 10/10
    Renders: 10/10
    Dialogue: 9/10(Objectively, it flowed very well. The only good writing aspect of this AVN at the moment)
    Characters: 3/10(Speaking from the perspective of a reader, it almost feels as if we are being forced to like certain characters at multiple points during the story. That's a terrible writing practice that you will learn literally anywhere that teaches literature)
    Overall Plot: 3/10(An entire event was changed for reasons unknown, and it drastically lowers the quality of the story)

There is still time for Yusuf to change this. Right before Ava speaks to Anna/Annie(cannot fully recall her name), he can change it so that Ava actually did cheat. Honestly... it would make a lot more sense as opposed to what we're being fed right now. I feel like version 0.3 will make or break this AVN regardless. In the end, I wouldn't recommend having your hopes up for this AVN.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

pochops

This was a perfect introduction with excellent character development with a lot of drama and mystery surrounding them. I am anxious to see how the sexy situations build and how the relationships evolve moving forward.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

jonnus

First chapter

Looking good so far.
    Good writing, with adult dialogs and not too much inner dialog.
    A bit of drama, that may be not new/original, but it's taken seriously.

Overall it's a nice start with some questions left in open.
    Enough to keep waiting for more. :)
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Led

This game is off the charts! There are some games on f95zone.to that get rated with 5 stars, because they're that good. Well, it's too bad I can only rate this game with a maximum of 5 stars, since this game is something else, entirely. If this game was to be rated in comparison to all other games on f95zone.to, this game would have to be rated with 6 stars, or all other games would have to be rated with a maximum of 4 stars. This game is taking the quality bar to a whole new level. The story is very compelling (note the warning at the start!). I have never ever experienced such a realistic gameplay. The renders are also top notch. The images and scenes are simply amazing. Very high quality and very beautiful. And last but not least, the soundtracks are awesome. The sounds and music are very beautiful and fit in perfectly with the story. Usually, I turn off the gamesounds, since they annoy the hell out of me. Well, don't turn off the sound in this game. It really enriches and completes the gameplaying experience. Especially if you're wearing headphones. Well, I could go on and on telling you how amazing this game is, but I rather just tell you to start playing this game, asap! If you're not playing this game, you're missing out! Have fun!
  8. 5.00 star(s)

satan1972

Review of first Chapter;

Decent story setup and very good graphics and animations. Has a dark plot, delving into depression, which I find refreshing. The character models look fairly original as well.

I am looking forward to further chapters.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

LouWill

Phenomenal so far.

Leme just say that it's refreshing to see a game that doesn't hide the mc's face. You're not a floating dick here; the mc is real.

There's a lot of depth to the game already. Biggest thing that jumps out to you is the emotions on the characters' faces. The dev knows what they're doing, both in the writing and in the renders. You can just tell from this short preview that the game is going to be special (if it ends up being updated and ultimately, completed).

I wish there more variety in the choices beyond choosing to be a shut-in or interacting with people. Besides that, it's a perfect start. Well done.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

twiztid

This story is deep, along with actual choices that matter. I am sure lots of people will find a deep connection with this game. Being fresh off the gate the game is pretty amazing, and can't wait to play more.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

draken99999

Animations and renders were really well done. Story is good and interesting, there wasn't a whole lot of sex scenes in the first chapter but I still enjoyed it. Theres a intro in the car that was very well done and I liked that one alot. Can't wait to see more.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

PuggyArtist

Awesome work, this first release was really good, the animated scenes fit really well into the story and dont break your immersion at all. The music and SFX fit well and add to the scene usually i turn most sound off but i kept it on for this game. I'm looking forward to the next updates.