VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Fallen Star [v0.1.1] [Virtutis Umbra Games]

1. 4.00 star(s)

TheLonelyGhost

There are a few premises that grab my attention right away: the rockstar life is one of them. Maybe it's all those long car rides as a kid listening to my mp3 player and imagining it was me on stage. But this genre has some good games like "Melody" and "Become a Rockstar".

There isn't a whole lot here even for a 0.1 release, but it lays some solid groundwork. The visuals aren't bad, but some of the background images are very weird. I really like the look of the MC. I'm pretty sure the face model has been used in other games I like I just cant remember them. He actually looks like a grown up. But the story is, at least in the beginning, told in flashbacks. There are a couple issues I have here, none of them have to do with the story formatting though.

The model for teen MC is rehashed from a lot of games, but I get it, especially for a new game. But there are some renders that make the MC look like a totally different model in the same timeframe. That was really the only head scratcher so far. The only other character we are really introduced to is "landlady" which is surprisingly not the MC mom as far as I can tell. She's a nice model that actually sells middle-aged-woman to me.

The writing is pretty good, no obvious errors that made me roll my eyes. The beginning sequence was a bit cringy but in the setting it is in it is absolutely believable, even if it was unintentional.

If you have 20-30 minuets and feel like giving this a look, I'd say do it. But be warned, there is little in the way of sexual content so far. I'm very curious to see where this goes.