jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
24 hour clocks in games rarely work well, its too difficult to find the scenes. I don't think you need to change the mechanics again for just 2 characters, sure you won't get much done in a day but I'd rather play more days than have to run around in a 24 hour game trying to find stuff. More interactions could be nice, but if there isn't a reason to do them ( progression of the story ) there isn't a reason to have them IMO. Its just filler, when you do it once why would you do it again ( unless its a repeatable sex scene) ? People tend to really dislike these sorts of sandbox games, its too tedious.

Right now there are 4 times in the game. Maybe expand that to 7 or so, thats about as much as I think could work and not become too tedious.

Early Morning -> Morning (Tiff school and Lucy theater) -> Noon (Tiff school and Lucy theater) -> Afternoon (Lucy theater/Tiff school) -> Evening -> Night -> Late Night

That gets everything you want, but its still compacted and simple.

Addressing a few of your reasons for doing this 24hr system

- As I posted above, I think players would rather play more days than have to slowly advance through one at a time. Its too tedious.
- The time system I posted does what you want for Tiffany/Lucy and its a lot more compact.
- You say "you'll get tired of always going to the same place where nothing is changing. " but won't this system just compound that? Doing a different event for 24 hours is way too much work. You can change their interactions based on their progression and implement a few different interactions that happen at the same time (would be randomized). See below.
- "That's why I also want to make more interactions because right now, nothing is happening in the game. The same empty locations. "Everyday in the morning Melanie is sitting in her room and doing nothing." I also want to make the game world feel more alive. I want to fill it with different NPC. " You can do all of that without a 24 hour system. Going to list some idea things below.

- Going back to the previous, implement random interactions. Maybe some mornings Melanie is in the room, maybe sometimes she is fixing breakfast, maybe sometimes she is watching TV or cleaning etc. This would change with progression, maybe she even dresses differently as her story goes on. You can do this for each of the 7 time frames, would add a lot of change to the game.
- More NPC, sure maybe put some customers in the coffee shop. People hanging around the school or whatever. This would also be randomized, maybe one day there are some cops eating donuts at the shop and the next a family is there for breakfast. You could do some small interactions that build up over time too with them.
- Implement a "dating" system, this unlocks once you have progressed with a girl enough. This adds actions and extra events/interactions you can do. Take her to a restaurant, to the mall, bowling etc.

This stuff I've went over does everything you want, but I think its a lot simpler and better IMO.

Smbt3D

Nov 3, 2019
I've thought about a 24h ingame system too (if I ever start to make a game :) ).

Think it could be fun if there's a ticking ingame clock (+ time passing by for certain events) and places to visit (or options to choose) which are not necessarily bound to events.
Like visit place x at time a and witness an event which enables additional options when talking to a character later, or visit place y at time b to meet a character who sells you a certain item.

Reactions: Enyo_

Enyo_

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2018
24 hour clocks in games rarely work well, its too difficult to find the scenes. I don't think you need to change the mechanics again for just 2 characters, sure you won't get much done in a day but I'd rather play more days than have to run around in a 24 hour game trying to find stuff. More interactions could be nice, but if there isn't a reason to do them ( progression of the story ) there isn't a reason to have them IMO. Its just filler, when you do it once why would you do it again ( unless its a repeatable sex scene) ? People tend to really dislike these sorts of sandbox games, its too tedious.

Right now there are 4 times in the game. Maybe expand that to 7 or so, thats about as much as I think could work and not become too tedious.

Early Morning -> Morning (Tiff school and Lucy theater) -> Noon (Tiff school and Lucy theater) -> Afternoon (Lucy theater/Tiff school) -> Evening -> Night -> Late Night

That gets everything you want, but its still compacted and simple.

Addressing a few of your reasons for doing this 24hr system

- As I posted above, I think players would rather play more days than have to slowly advance through one at a time. Its too tedious.
- The time system I posted does what you want for Tiffany/Lucy and its a lot more compact.
- You say "you'll get tired of always going to the same place where nothing is changing. " but won't this system just compound that? Doing a different event for 24 hours is way too much work. You can change their interactions based on their progression and implement a few different interactions that happen at the same time (would be randomized). See below.
- "That's why I also want to make more interactions because right now, nothing is happening in the game. The same empty locations. "Everyday in the morning Melanie is sitting in her room and doing nothing." I also want to make the game world feel more alive. I want to fill it with different NPC. " You can do all of that without a 24 hour system. Going to list some idea things below.

- Going back to the previous, implement random interactions. Maybe some mornings Melanie is in the room, maybe sometimes she is fixing breakfast, maybe sometimes she is watching TV or cleaning etc. This would change with progression, maybe she even dresses differently as her story goes on. You can do this for each of the 7 time frames, would add a lot of change to the game.
- More NPC, sure maybe put some customers in the coffee shop. People hanging around the school or whatever. This would also be randomized, maybe one day there are some cops eating donuts at the shop and the next a family is there for breakfast. You could do some small interactions that build up over time too with them.
- Implement a "dating" system, this unlocks once you have progressed with a girl enough. This adds actions and extra events/interactions you can do. Take her to a restaurant, to the mall, bowling etc.

This stuff I've went over does everything you want, but I think its a lot simpler and better IMO.
Man, it's a great system. I don't know why I didn't think of that myself. (for some reason I was only choosing for the game either 24 hour system, or 4 time a day system -__-) I still have time to think about it, but I think I'll definitely do something like that.

Paapi

Engaged Member
Jan 21, 2020
Man, it's a great system. I don't know why I didn't think of that myself. (for some reason I was only choosing for the game either 24 hour system, or 4 time a day system -__-) I still have time to think about it, but I think I'll definitely do something like that.
Expected release date of next update ???

pothb

Jan 28, 2018
Yea...... 24 hour systems are usually made for grinding or games that take travel into consideration (which usually also have grind, because travel alone doesn't really justify, really). There is the other instance of wanting to put in a schedule system, like this person works from 8-4 or something.

I think the expanding the current time system works well, like the other guy said. Just expand it to the point where you feel you have all your bases covered and you're good.

Nov 10, 2019
The best VN games out there focus on story, renders, animations, etc. All the side flair gets in the way, kills the story/mood. The DeLuca Family has a huge fan base because of the characters/story, there is no sex scenes as of yet. The only complaint about the game (outside of wankers wanting sex scenes) is the side game, which if removed wouldn't affect the story at all.
Imagine reading your favorite novel and suddenly you are required to complete a crossword puzzle before accessing the next chapter...

BTW, love the corruption style in this so far. No mind control spells or whatever, just a guy who is really good at reading people (in an almost creepy way).

pothb

Jan 28, 2018
The best VN games out there focus on story, renders, animations, etc. All the side flair gets in the way, kills the story/mood. The DeLuca Family has a huge fan base because of the characters/story, there is no sex scenes as of yet. The only complaint about the game (outside of wankers wanting sex scenes) is the side game, which if removed wouldn't affect the story at all.
Imagine reading your favorite novel and suddenly you are required to complete a crossword puzzle before accessing the next chapter...

BTW, love the corruption style in this so far. No mind control spells or whatever, just a guy who is really good at reading people (in an almost creepy way).
Eh.... I don't mind the occasional side game, as long as it isn't overly difficult with no reward or alternative way around it. A story heavy game shouldn't have things that stop everything in their tracks. But a game is a game after all, so having some game like elements makes sense.

Unyversu

Oct 6, 2017
Just by reading the overview i can tell this is 100% My type of game, i really hope there will be some rape but even if there is not this game is bound to cover almost all my other needs! Thanks for creating such a game and i will leave a review once i am finished with it! Great expectations for this one! :O!

Reactions: lowcody

Enyo_

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2018
What about new locations that can be accessible as per the wishes of MC ??? Like too see Gym, mall, park etc
No new content between MC & coffee shop manager ???
No new content between coffee shop manager. Probably I'll have time to do this for the next update.

As for the new locations: They will be, eventually. But not in the near future.

Reactions: Paapi
3.60 star(s) 130 Votes