Ren'Py - Abandoned - Family Way [v0.3.3] [Sural Argonus]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Zippity

The following review is based off my personal experience with playing this Game/Visual Novel... I try to be as brutally honest and detailed as I can, and these are my own opinions and thoughts, from one or more play throughs... The version this review is based on is v0.3.2a...

This visual novel/game is more like a soap opera... Plus, of course, it is yet another VN/game with the overused Family Sex stuff...

The visuals of some of the characters are alright (the adults), but almost every single kid looks like some sort of blown up Betsy Wetsy dolls... They look almost malformed, or alien in some cases... Some of the backdrops look unique, but a lot of them look like ones I've seen in other VN/Games, which means they probably come from the same pre-generated packs... Add to all that, a majority of the visuals are either a bit blurry, or grainy, or in a couple cases way overly bright (like blurry bright)...

The script is ok, as I did run into the occasional spelling/grammar error.... All throughout this VN/game the author's included narration by some monkey people, which attempted to seem humorous... At first it sort of was, but it got to a point where it was a bit more annoying, then funny... This VN/game doesn't give a whole lot of opportunities for choices to be made, so there didn't really feel like there was a main protagonist... The whole VN/game plays out like a weekday morning soap opera... You have the brother-sister love/romance while trying to live on their own away from their parents, the kid sister with all her friends who constantly interrupts the older brother and sisters love affair, the rich father having lots of extra-marital affairs, etc...

And all these different character introductions all throughout the entire thing, most of which were either lusting after the brother, or working for the father, etc... It just felt like this VN/game's story was all over the place, with so many different things going on, I began to feel overwhelmed and in some cases a bit bored...

Overall, the introduction seemed a bit funny, and the plot in the beginning showed promise, but I just can't get over how this whole VN/game plays out after that... Now, i played this VN/game once before, back in October 2017, and it was just as bad then as it is now, but now you get presented with a couple choices, yet they are just "who to view" choices... In any case, I will probably not revisit this one again, as it didn't feel like it improved all that much, even though it has a ton of content... I wish the author/s the best of luck on it's further development...
  2. 3.00 star(s)

hexenhaus

Visual quality:
    + nice renders
    + good character models

- mostly standard assets,
    - sometimes wooden gestures ('where do i put my hands')
    - POV needs improvements (too near/far, weird angles and such)
    - UI overlays scenes
    - annoying film grain effects

Characters and Story:
    Story is real dumb, like a young teenagers wet dream. The father... It is not necessarily a bad choice jump-starting into the story like that, where the sister is already into the MC, but i feel no connection to the characters.
    Besides that the monkey storyteller stuff is plain not funny!

Summary:
    If you are into story then you can skip this. The story is at best 'common', while the characters are very plain and hardly are compelling enough to fight through the boring converations too see some action. The models are good though.