[R>Programmer] Share Fantasy game looking for Ren'Py programmer [FILLED]

The Rogue Trader

Sep 12, 2021
Hello, I'm the writer of a small team developing the first episode of "Blood and Principle" a fantasy VN with RPG elements.
The whole project will tell two parallel tales about the rise to power of two non-interacting characters, a dethroned prince and an orphaned peasant, but the first episode will be limited to following one protagonist in finding his own way between three gangs of a single city. Will he help one gang to prevail over the others, gaining powerful allies for his move to the throne? Or maybe he'll incite a war between them for his own fun and profit? Or he'll get fed of them all and become a vigilante hero to rid the slums of crime?

A more detailed summary of the project can be found here:

The game has simple challenge-resolution mechanics and an integrated combat system based on a simple card battle. Again, people interested can read a description of the latest version of the rules here:

Unfortunately, we are again short one coder, since our programmer had to step aside due to an increase of workload in his main job. While he has offered to "stay around and help", I'm assuming that the new coder will have to start more or less from scratch.

What we're looking for is a python programmer that can go beyond the basic Ren'Py engine and can code and maintain the rather simple mechanics and card game described.
Besides that, being able to critically evaluate the game mechanics, find issues and suggest better solutions would be greatly appreciated. Similarly, we'd love someone that is an active participant in discussions and provides feedback outside hir field.
While our 3D artist is exceptionally skilled in presentation, it would be awesome if the programmer would also be able to design a decent GUI on hir own.

Full-time engagement is not required nor needed, but the project is long term and will take months of development before being ready for the first release, and several releases before completing even just the first episode.
The team will consist of artist, writer and programmer and will evenly share the revenues .

If you are interested, you can contact me by writing a PMs here on F95, by replying in this thread or on Discord at The Rogue Trader#1570