Ren'Py - Abandoned - Fantasy Inn [v0.1.7a] [Outbreak Inn]

1. 1.00 star(s)

Rankor38

Game is way to grindy and even when you spend all the money to upgrade the inn you still money every week. Needs major improvements so you are not just spamming the fireplace to wait for a new day just to make 36 gold.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

twicejjang

Pretty fun turn-based RPG/trainer/management game. Obviously, it's still pretty new so there aren't a ton of sex scenes, but there are a few. Also, if the combat seems tough at the beginning, just dump all of your stats from levelling into defense, focus on buying better armour ASAP, buy the amulet of defense, and you'll eventually be skipping through all of the battles without taking a point of damage.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

askelot

fuckin' A! I enjoyed it pretty much, this game worth a try, but still needs to be improved in some ways, such as gameplay and english translation (yea, as much as i know -- this game was made by a bunch of dudes from ukraine).

try it out for yourself!
  4. 3.00 star(s)

mrttao

v0.1.5
    Art is very nice as is the idea of the game.
    The engrish is bad enough that I am mostly clueless about what is actually going on.
    Game is grindy... but in a way that you can use an autoclicker to punch through it. Without an auto clicker I would rate this a 1. with an auto clicker I would rate this a 4. Overall going for a 3 since I don't expect everyone to start out with an autoclicker
  5. 3.00 star(s)

Doctor Shark

Review of v0.1.3: Cute art but confusing and grindy. Non-native English but very readable. There's about 30 minutes of content as of this version.

You've been assigned to take over an inn. The waitress is cute and the bartender hates you. Get to it.

I'll repeat that it's very confusing at the start. At the end of the introduction the bartender says he'll light a fire and you should open the doors. Can you click on the doors? Nope. Do you ever actually run the inn? Not really. Should you try to start a fire in the fireplace? Only if you want to learn the hard way that clicking on the fireplace advances time.

What you're supposed to do, apparently, is talk to the bartender and ask him what to do and he'll tell you to go to the forest for supplies. And the forest is really the majority of the game right now.

When you go to the forest, you get four blank choices. You can get "nothing", a treasure chest, a monster fight, or a relaxation point that heals you a bit.

Combat wasn't fun. You're barely winning at the start and even once you buy the armor and weapon upgrades it doesn't get much better. Mostly you hit the monster until you're low on health and then chug a potion. Repeat until you win or run out of potions. The gold rewards from monsters felt mediocre compared to what you get in treasure chests (goblins give around 11 compared to 25 or 35 from a chest) so I mostly just run from every fight and hoped to run into treasure chests.

In addition to gear upgrades you can purchase two rooms at the inn and furnish them with straw beds in this version. Despite being told it will increase your income, it doesn't seem too, though. Actually, the whole inn running is very confusing as well. You're told to get supplies which are random chest and monster drops. But no matter how many supplies I got or rooms I added, at the end of the week a chart would pop up with numbers and I'd somehow end up making 50 gold.

Occasionally girls will stop into the tavern or you'll unlock them by progressing far enough into the woods. They'll give you quests that either involve going into the woods or spending money. The quests unlock scenes which are fine. Again, no complaints about the art.

So that's what there is right now. Definitely potential but the mechanics need a lot of work to make it feel like a management sim.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

MAhno_(A)

The game is still in early development (0.1.1a), so it is, as expected, unfinished.
    The fighting needs improvements, but the management and quest systems are nice.
    Some enemies and girl encounters are pretty creative.
    Art is good, as some mention in comments.
  7. 3.00 star(s)

Silk_Ari

Please support games that you like!

Interesting game. I like the concept and the art. Lots of potential here.

The pros:
    - Good art. Characters look good, world looks good, everything looks good.
    - It's fun. If you don;t mind a little grind.
    - There's potential to make this a great game. With a little tweaks.

The Cons:
    - Though the art looks good, the "scenes/sex scenes are very short and there's not much there. Sorely lacking some more variety to click through instead of just reading blocks of text.
    - Some animations would enhance the "scenes". There's none that I've seen.
    - The battle system is bizarre, to say the least. I dont get what a weak attack does or what a strong attack does or why even block? None of it made sense to me. Neither did the step system. Like click this, click that oh somethign happened? I get attacked? Why? Donno.
    - Not much content. Needs ALOT more interaction with the main characters. There's nor eal reason to care for any of them.

Overall, I think it has potential.... but, needs ALOT of improvement. It seems to me the effort was put on the rpg part and very little story wise or character development wise.