VN - Ren'Py - Far-Off Friends [v0.7] [FFCreations]

1. 1.00 star(s)

Psykoman1978

decent start then like the most games here forced to fuck the houseslut
    deleted it while you didn´t had a choice to decline with all others you could but not with the houseslut so yeah fk it
    idk why there must be a forced sex scene
    if you like to be used then its a game for you
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Rebeldad

Just played 3.o and loved it. I wish to see more and hope the writer keeps up the great job. Dont let the trolls get you down, this is definately going up in my top 5.
    The MC is a good man helping those he loves. I like him. No reason for MC's to be bastards or pushovers and I dont think this MC is.
    The models/love interest are all great from my perspective. Love Ms Bell hope to see more of her in the future.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

Edhinor

I really want to like this game but I feel somewhat underwhelmed right now. I am really hoping that with future updates the game will improve because it shows real promise of something great, as it is right now though, I can only give it a 3/5.

The models are nice and all the girls are good looking and interesting. The story is interesting enough for now to keep my attention even though there are some clear tropes.

The worse thing at the moment is that the writing is a bit weird, the characters speak in a way that is a bit forced, mainly when giving compliments (the MCs compliments to the girls are quite cringey...) and there are grammar mistakes mixed with weird phrases and repetitions. The whole writing would benefit of some proofreading. On top of that, sometimes in the dialogues there are lines that are obviously said by one character that is not the one marked in the header of the dialogue box.

I will keep an eye on this one but it clearly needs some improvements.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

nsfwdemanded

Freeloading Family was the first game I played, when I learned that this game had the same dev I downloaded the game immediately. I don't know what to tell you about these negative 1 star ratings but I really like it. However there are some mistakes in the dialogues, like wrong words here and there and the amount of exposition dumps. If you liked the first game, play it you won't regret it
  5. 1.00 star(s)

Boogg

Review AO 0.2 release

I enjoy stories that are a bit of a slow burn. Far Off Friends however is a long, slow snooze fest. The initial release had gotten off to a good start. This release however became a painfully long dialog filled boring mess that made me go crazy on the click click just to get through everything.

The Detectives club scene in the 0.2 release took approximately 310 clicks to get through just that scene alone. I actually took the time to count them!! The dinner scene with Melissa was almost as bad. This story has been mudded down with pointless babble. 75% of the dialog is a Seinfeld like conversation about well, not much of nothing.

I don't mind a slow burn when the story moves along at a good pace but this release just ground to a screeching halt. I swear the worlds strongest man could pull a freight train with his teeth the distance of a football field before we could get through all of that pointless dialog.

I had high hopes for this one but if the next release is this bad, then I am done with it.
  6. 3.00 star(s)

ktunga

So i have a little bit of mixed fellings about this one.....there is a lot of subtle and no so subtle female dom here ,at least in my eyes ....so this a big minus for me ,not the subtle dom bcs even in real life womens are trying to dominates us in not so subtle ways but why isnt tagged like fem dom anyways....
    ok second one the choices ...mm is like isnt actually matthers bcs even i disagree with the dialogue entirely with erika and how she behave i dont have the option to not kisss her....is more like a kn for me ...so is another big minus
    so im entitled to go to a college life that i dont want entitled to have a life that i dont want and all bcs 2 womans who i dont know just told me to do it......so friggin VN here....so no unless devs giev me a real reason other good renders is a no for me .......no to mention mc looks to young like a 15 years boy and he doesnt have balls for even confront someone when disrespect him in his face ,being polite doesnt necesseraly mean you dont give a shit about others trying to put crap over you ......and lastly i feel a where the heart is aura here about the lawyesr the will and the 2 years post will so another no for me......nothing original nothing amazing .....i would give 5 stars if the mc actually grew up 4 pairs of balls and be a man not a child sometimes bad things in life change perspectives and gives what we nned without another person help.......
  7. 5.00 star(s)

SrRK

Big disagree with some of the things said here... I really enjoyed the first update of this and I'll explain why:

First, this game is (obviously) still very young and early in development. The vibe I got from the update is that the writer is taking their time and giving us a chance to get to know the MC and the girls in a relaxed / meaningful way rather than zerging right in and trying to beat us over the head with "excitement" and "content."

While this can make things feel slow, it also helps to build tension and intrigue with the girls, and I think when we start getting to the "lewd" and "romantic" parts they will hit a lot harder and be much hotter because of it. I'll happily accept establishing connections and getting to know the characters in a grounded way if it means more impact in the romance and "content" further on.

Second, I found the MC to be quite likeable and interesting. He is a chill, wholesome guy with some interesting insight and thoughts.

Pair all of this with the natural way the dialogue and story has flowed so far, an incredibly hot MILF (MC's mother?), the cute redhead who is (hopefully) going to let us clap her cheeks soon, the bitchy blonde who desperately needs to be put in her place and the loveable, tight-bodied brunette, nice renders & art... and I think this game has amazing potential.

Don't let the negative reviews turn you off from trying this, and consider giving it a chance to show its colors before judging too harshly. It's clear the writer has a passion for this project and that is important. Not every game will hit the ground running but I think with this one, it won't be long.
  8. 2.00 star(s)

Jon_Sleeper

Renders have improved a lot when compared to the dev's previous game but my god what is with the writing in this VN. So many inner monologues and that's just start of the problem. The MC is just one of those wimps who lack a spine and is incapable of acting like a normal adult would and likewise the Li's aren't great either, as with exception of Erika, I found the none of them interesting enough. Overall, despite having great renders, the writing took a steep dive here, atleast the previous game had some pretty decent characters. This review might seem a bit harsh and that's only because I was eagerly looking forward to this game's release and was greatly disappointed with what we got. The two stars are for renders only.
  9. 4.00 star(s)

Uncommon Sense

I played and thought that the renders were beautifully done. Extremely generic though good God, dead father, estranged mum. But it does seem to have a story and a serious approach as the last title did. It's very young and my review may change but I felt this has potential. Gorgeous babes, hot milfs and I know the Dev so that helps.
  10. 3.00 star(s)

UselessSphinx

So for an intro it isn't bad, but it isn't great either.

PROS
    Renders are good
    Characters are ok
    Story is average

CONS
    Some writing mishaps here and there
    Another one of those my parent died plots

Over all

I understand the concept of building up a story, but seriously this one could use some less inner monologue for the MC. I got real bored with reading what he was thinking every other few scenes.
    Why do we never get a MC that has the option to just rip right into the people around that give you grief right from the first meeting? Once I would like to see the option to just cut loose on characters.

So now onto the constructive criticism for this VN
    Cut out the inner monologue for the MC. Sometimes its ok, but over kill is just that.
    Give us the option to have the MC not be a spineless coward when confronted with douche bags.
    Are we going to get more tags in the future? This VN has that whole underlying household/harem vibe.
    Hopefully with a little more meat on the story bones it might be good.
    Please remember that this is just my opinion as of the intro. I'll pass on a few updates and try again. Good luck to the dev(s)
  11. 1.00 star(s)

hyperjack38

First off, the characters and renders are extremely good. But that's all good there is in here. All the characters act like immature middle school teenagers. The dialogue is unnecessarily long. What can be said in 5 lines takes 20 for some reason. There is not much of a story here and nothing that's not already been done by some other college tenant game on this site.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

BarbarrossaNA

After seeing this one going at 3 1/2 stars and being the initial offering of the game I almost passed.. I figured not so good reviews and little content. What a mistake that would have been! This one has great graphics.. stellar writing.. and a surprising amount of content. After reading pages of discussions I found that the DEV also has another game out that's on hold.. so I checked it out also.. and found out it was a game I had played in the past and liked.. so THEN I looked around to find out why it wasn't finished before starting another and found out the WRITER for it had been MIA for quite some time. I guess what I'm saying is.. don't believe everything you read.. if I had done that without doing some due diligence I wouldn't be sitting hear fat and happy as I write this.. An amazing start to what looks to be an amazing game. Nice work FFCreations.. I can't wait til the next update!
  13. 4.00 star(s)

Crowangel

good so far however i'm not a big fan of the milf pushing.. the game would work far better with more of an optional girl system to allow a more freedom to choose option.. audio is great, character design good if not a bit over the top when it comes to the bigger busted types.. the story seems like it could be popular and interesting to play long term if the milf-factor stuff is toned down a bit, choice to avoid it given and lean a bit more into the college enviroment since thats the 'hot topic' it seems atm.. The game has promise so long as it keep the STORY strong and doesnt fall victim to over horny stimuli of the milf variety and has great character relationship chemistry like was starting to develop between mc and erika.. with the right amount of focus this could be a welcome addition to the college game/sim romance avn field.. Good luck
  14. 2.00 star(s)

Lasse.9

I really enjoyed Freeloading Family, but this game is uninteresting in comparison.
    My main problem is the protagonist: he's another immature young guy, who thinks with his dick to much. Some of his decisions does simply not make any sense. He is one of those who thinks every, at least somewhat, nice and attractive girl is hot.(this game is far from the worst, but I still find it annoying).
    At one point when he is waiting for somebody, he creepily stares at some girls ass, and of course he gets caught. It is fine if they just check out somebody, but he did it so much, that it is just creepy.
    The girls are boring and forgettable, but the protagonist describes them as very funny and likable.
    Story this far is simple, which is not bad. but would be better if mc was smarter.
    Renders are good

this game gets 2 stars instead of 1 because I see some good potential, but it will be needing some rewriting for the game to properly show it.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

SixtyNineGaming

I'm surprised by how well executed this VN was. The premise is new but not original, and it uses a lot of intrigue, but overall, this is an excellent demo/initial release. There are some interesting characters and a good premise. There are some minor hiccups with dialogues, but nothing major.