F95

Lust from Beyond
Feb 25, 2021

F95 (TBA)

Last edited:

fierylion

Game Developer
Jan 18, 2019
Wow, there's a new Adult game released on Steam every few days, the competition is insane. Looks like its too late for me to join and make my own games :(

maxnuku

Jan 28, 2017
Wow, there's a new Adult game released on Steam every few days, the competition is insane. Looks like its too late for me to join and make my own games :(
There is room, but you need the time and money for your project to mature. How many games die before the 4th build?

The top selling adult game on steam last year was likely Being a DIK. There is still opportunity for a talented individual or small group to still make a splash.

maxnuku

Jan 28, 2017
Don't expect much out of Lust from Beyond. It's about as sexy as Agony.
Lust from Beyond seems to be targeting that sex/violence/vore venn diagram of fetishes. It is not my kink, but that and Subverse represent 2021 releases that are a welcome escalation in production value. I want to see as many different adult games make a ton of money because the entire industry will benefit.

Stretta

Nov 21, 2018
Lust from Beyond seems to be targeting that sex/violence/vore venn diagram of fetishes. It is not my kink, but that and Subverse represent 2021 releases that are a welcome escalation in production value. I want to see as many different adult games make a ton of money because the entire industry will benefit.
I doubt it's actually trying to "target" any fetish. It's a horror game first and foremost and the sexual aspects are there to be offputting. It's not meant to be arousing.

maxnuku

Jan 28, 2017
The free to play teaser Lust from Beyond: Scarlet had two sex scenes in it, as well as an achievement related to one of the scenes. It is unarguably a eldritch horror game, but it does have sex in it. Annie compares it to Phantasmagoria 2: A Puzzle of Flesh in the video.

Now I don't know if the occult/sex/horror stuff is an astroturfed attempt at being edgy or actually a representation of a legitimate fetish. I'd like to give it the benefit of the doubt and we'll see when it releases.