Feedback Needed

Diagnola

Sep 15, 2017
Hello everyone! I am posting this to see if this is something you guys would like to see as I am thinking of making this game/story. Please tell me what you think!

Ren’Py/Text-based Game Idea

Synopsis: You choose to play as either the Father or adopted daughter in a life that can go very good, very bad, or very wild.

Father Perspective: You are a 28 year old (Birth: November 12) Security Network Engineer for Sec’IT and seem to have a great life because of what you have done in your previous years. You decide to settle down and adopt a daughter of age 15 (Birth: March 26) and you believe that you can live a normal life. The question is, how long can you keep your past a secret from her? Or will it end up to be one crazy ride?

Daughter Perspective: In your early childhood, you had it rough and was taken away by social services. A week later you were somehow adopted by a mid-20s single man who is now your adopted father. You wonder if it may finally be time to live a normal life with this new father, but you overhear something that may change your perspective of how things may come. Maybe this may be not so normal after all.

Genre: All-sex, Pseudo-Incest, Incest?, BDSM, Torture, Mind-Control, Rape, Blood, Mild NTR, Creampie, Orgy, Cheating, Pregnancy,

Gameplay: Trust/Romance system. Has multiple endings, but the True Ending will be the longest. Endings would branch off in different parts of the actual ending. There is a True Ending, Happy Endings, Bad Endings. From what my mind is thinking, the amount of time for gameplay should be 10-20 hours (Maybe shorter/longer depending on how long I want it to go to).

Note: When playing different perspectives, there will be times where it'll be the same scene, but it is all from a different view. You can see what that person is thinking at the time compared to the first time you viewed the scene from a different perspective. You will know things the other doesn't and it can be quite interesting on how your play-styles will change over the course of time. There will be unique scenes as well depending on how you play each perspective.

vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017
It's hard to say. I mean, father-(step)daughter as heroes is nothing new and doesn't guarantee a game will be good or bad.

Fetishes (for my taste) are a little bit over the top - I would play if the story is really good, but still would prefer things like MC, rape or torture as optional.

Most people will be (rightfully) sceptical about a game with two heroes - you should check "Dual Family" to get an idea why, but... Maybe you'll do better.

In any case, I wish you good luck and will check your game if you choose to make it.

Diagnola

Sep 15, 2017
It's hard to say. I mean, father-(step)daughter as heroes is nothing new and doesn't guarantee a game will be good or bad.

Fetishes (for my taste) are a little bit over the top - I would play if the story is really good, but still would prefer things like MC, rape or torture as optional.

Most people will be (rightfully) sceptical about a game with two heroes - you should check "Dual Family" to get an idea why, but... Maybe you'll do better.

In any case, I wish you good luck and will check your game if you choose to make it.
Thanks for the response! I wouldn't call them "heroes" by any means. Also, I have played Dual Family and see what you mean. The thing about it is that brother/dad had no real interactions besides one. In this story however, they interact A LOT. It's mostly story telling then anything since I'm just putting my minds work into words at the moment.

Reactions: vir_cotto

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
Hello everyone! I am posting this to see if this is something you guys would like to see as I am thinking of making this game/story. Please tell me what you think!

Ren’Py/Text-based Game Idea

Synopsis: You choose to play as either the Father or adopted daughter in a life that can go very good, very bad, or very wild.

Father Perspective: You are a 28 year old (Birth: November 12) Security Network Engineer for Sec’IT and seem to have a great life because of what you have done in your previous years. You decide to settle down and adopt a daughter of age 15 (Birth: March 26) and you believe that you can live a normal life. The question is, how long can you keep your past a secret from her? Or will it end up to be one crazy ride?

Daughter Perspective: In your early childhood, you had it rough and was taken away by social services. A week later you were somehow adopted by a mid-20s single man who is now your adopted father. You wonder if it may finally be time to live a normal life with this new father, but you overhear something that may change your perspective of how things may come. Maybe this may be not so normal after all.

Genre: All-sex, Pseudo-Incest, Incest?, BDSM, Torture, Mind-Control, Rape, Blood, Mild NTR, Creampie, Orgy, Cheating, Pregnancy,

Gameplay: Trust/Romance system. Has multiple endings, but the True Ending will be the longest. Endings would branch off in different parts of the actual ending. There is a True Ending, Happy Endings, Bad Endings. From what my mind is thinking, the amount of time for gameplay should be 10-20 hours (Maybe shorter/longer depending on how long I want it to go to).

Note: When playing different perspectives, there will be times where it'll be the same scene, but it is all from a different view. You can see what that person is thinking at the time compared to the first time you viewed the scene from a different perspective. You will know things the other doesn't and it can be quite interesting on how your play-styles will change over the course of time. There will be unique scenes as well depending on how you play each perspective.
Honestly, the story doesn't matter as long as it's told well. If this is your first attempt at a game, you really need to consider making a much shorter game. Good luck!

tid

Aug 16, 2017
Hello,

I like the idea of being able to see both side of the story. And I agree with jerricho13, the most important is how the story is told and I'll add the art quality.

Purukitto

Aug 3, 2021
You idea can go either way, anyways you won't know until you try, so just go ahead and give it a go! I'd definitely try you game when it comes out!

you really need to consider making a much shorter game
Definitely agree, no matter how prepared you are somethings you only learn while making a production game, gradually increasing quality is a hard sell, also assuming you don't have a lot of resource to spare redoing your game again and again when you learn better ways to do things will be a pain no matter how much you love it, so my suggestion is to keep it short and sweet learn from it and then start a new one (could be same universe or not)