ray3dave

May 12, 2017
Great to have the author right here. One thing that I'd like to mention is that if you have five types of make-up etc. it should make a difference in the story, shouldn't it ?

There were these choices and so far I doubt they will make sense in the end. Maybe less is more and you concentrate on the story ( at best with choices for replayability)? No offence, I could not bring up a game on my own, so you've got my respect, Crushstation. I apreciate your efforts, I am just a bit annoyed because to my taste you published your game too early.

Reactions: Crushstation

Crushstation

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2017
Great to have the author right here. One thing that I'd like to mention is that if you have five types of make-up etc. it should make a difference in the story, shouldn't it ?
Right now the make-up choices don't have stats, but they will do in the future. Wearing makeup will alter the PC's Beauty stat, which makes NPCs react more favourably to her (both during sex scenes and during the life sim). Not every makeup item will have unique stats (so an agent might get the same Beauty boost by wearing different brands of lipstick), but they'll all have a unique appearance, so players who want to can have fun experimenting with new looks for their agent.

There were these choices and so far I doubt they will make sense in the end. Maybe less is more and you concentrate on the story ( at best with choices for replayability)?
I do plan to make all player choices relevant, but this is good advice in general – thanks for reminding me of the importance of this. My overall plan is to create a repeatable gameplay loop in Bangkok as soon as possible, then add the "Good Ending", then start adding extra content such as Bad Endings, side quests, life sim activities, and new clothes/hairstyles/makeup.

No offence, I could not bring up a game on my own, so you've got my respect, Crushstation. I apreciate your efforts, I am just a bit annoyed because to my taste you published your game too early.
None taken, I appreciate your interest and your feedback! I definitely hear what you're saying. In my defence, I've got to say that I have learned so much from user feedback to version 1.0 that I think releasing it early was the right thing to do. I got feedback on essential things that weren't even on my radar (like giving the player avatar a face, and offering character customisation), and have been sent so many great ideas for improvements, extra content paths, and side quests. Also, maybe even more importantly, I learned that other people actually like the idea and want me to finish it – I can't explain how motivating that is to produce more content and make the game better and better until it's fucking awesome. If I hadn't forced myself to release it, it would still be either in my brain or on my hard drive.

Crushstation

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2017
Brand new game, barely anything there atm. But the author has a great pitch game in their reddit posts that i've seen.
@Tiggie I'm a professional salesman, so this comment pleased me more than you can imagine. Especially as I've been goofing off work to make this. :extremelyhappy:

Reactions: bytecy

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Well hey, thanks @Skads for starting a thread about my game! Thanks for the encouraging feedback, guys. The criticism about the lack of content so far is valid, but I'm working on delivering more soon.
It's not criticism as such, we mention it so people don't complain about it.

The potential is there, it's a good start with a good pitch. The content will come in time but there are people that seem to think a new game will have hours of content and rage if it doesn't.

Darkarhon

Donor
Jun 20, 2017
It's not criticism as such, we mention it so people don't complain about it.

The potential is there, it's a good start with a good pitch. The content will come in time but there are people that seem to think a new game will have hours of content and rage if it doesn't.
Well said.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
It's a matter of preference, but I think certain additional elements, like music and sound effects, really enhance the experience. Keeping only the text, on a medium that can have these additional elements, is a waste of potential.
It's a text based game, that would be like moving Corruption of Champions to Ren'py ... it just wouldn't work.

Ren'py is aimed at visual novels which this isn't.

Crushstation

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2017
When he is done i think.
Yeah, this! Sorry for the long delay between the last release and this one, everybody. I've had to do a lot more coding than I imagined on the underlying systems. I am still working on it, and will get the next release out ASAP.

fantasianme

May 15, 2017
im a little confused it says next update will continue story but arent v1 usually the finished game one ? like how 0.9 should be a close to finish

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
im a little confused it says next update will continue story but arent v1 usually the finished game one ? like how 0.9 should be a close to finish
A game is only completed when it says completed in the title.

People number their versions differently, some do 0.1 some start straight with 1 and some have 0.0.1. It all depends but a game is only ever complete when it says complete, don't go by version numbers.

Crushstation

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2017
I maybe should have used a different versioning system, since you're not the only person I confused with this. Versions starting with 0 were the internal versions. Version 1.0 was the first public release. Version 1.1 (the current version) is the first update to Version 1.

Sorry for confusing you. The good news is that Version 1.2 is pretty close. :)

3.50 star(s) 109 Votes