boobthief

May 25, 2017
I don't hate on this game, dude. Discussing the goods and bads of a game is not hating. I used to support this game.
Actually, sorry, yes, I can see that you don't. There is a negative attitude to this thread and it usually gets more toxic until a release. It's cyclical. I thought you were joining the usual malcontents, but no.

And who to the what now about my stories?
I'm saying: make your game if you have better ideas. More games for us to play! I'm also saying: it's a lot harder than you think to do that.

There's a gulf of ineptitude and inexperience (Dunning–Kruger effect) between making something and criticizing something e.g. why don't movie critics make the best films. Guess everyone is just lazy and stupid but me. Maybe they are doing their best.

rbx4

Jan 21, 2018
If the only thing that can be said in response to critique is irrelevant, that irrelevancy is essentially saying that the critique cannot be dismissed by the speaker. In other words--disagreeing by criticizing someone else's game creation ability is tantamount to just agreeing with them spitefully. A valid response would start with explaining how other game creators can create good games with solid text and time-consuming graphics on a much more solid schedule, but how Crush has a special situation that explains it all. The special situation is a mystery that some of us aren't quite sure we've solved yet, even though someone else pointed out some Crush statements that could explain it. To me, I want to study the psychology of this--though admittedly I will never have enough personal information to be sure of it.

I have a great deal of information that could be used to easily work it out, but the anonymity of the Internet foils it all. It's not even clear if the observations describe one individual or two, but most likely we're seeing two people who need help, both with serious issues that are distinct in nature.

Last edited:
Reactions: johnysanchez01

Sixty

Oct 1, 2017
Actually, sorry, yes, I can see that you don't. There is a negative attitude to this thread and it usually gets more toxic until a release. It's cyclical. I thought you were joining the usual malcontents, but no.

I'm saying: make your game if you have better ideas. More games for us to play! I'm also saying: it's a lot harder than you think to do that.

There's a gulf of ineptitude and inexperience (Dunning–Kruger effect) between making something and criticizing something e.g. why don't movie critics make the best films. Guess everyone is just lazy and stupid but me. Maybe they are doing their best.
Tell you what, man. By your own logic, you have nothing to say to my posts. If I can't criticize this game because I don't write games, then you can't criticize what I have to say because you don't create anything at all. I write. You don't. Who are you to criticize anything I write?

If you have specific responses to specific criticisms, share them. But this bullshit of saying people can't criticize unless they've done the thing in hand has been answered right here in this thread by me and others. Repeatedly.

Please, pretty please with sugar on it, quit with this shit. We have to sort through 90000 of your posts covering page after page just to follow the entirely legitimate conversation in the thread.

Dec 26, 2018
If you have specific responses to specific criticisms, share them. But this bullshit of saying people can't criticize unless they've done the thing in hand has been answered right here in this thread by me and others. Repeatedly.
At this point there's probably more total words from this fella defending Crush's content than the content itself :LOL:
And just like his hero he's just repeating the same boring lines over and over while wasting everyone else's time.

Apr 3, 2019
Sorry, I should have qualified that by saying 'successfully'. As in people pay for your content. Anyone can post text.

I am unsurprised that in a straight female protagonist game people are not automatically interested in your "age difference" gay stories.

That's not to say you couldn't make a game like this, like Girl Spy. But you didn't. I played that. Wasn't for me but I thought it was pretty good!

Try it. If people hate on you for trying to make your game I would absolutely hate on them harder than you hate on this game.
You keep trying to argue and prove your point but we don't quite trust it. Please, only try to come on top of your argument if you have proof that you've done so in court or a televised debate for example. Until then, anyone can post counterarguments

rbx4

Jan 21, 2018
Quarterly check in

How's it going with the game?
There's probably something showing up next quarter. There was just a major meltdown on multiple levels, but it doesn't look like anything is queued for immediate release. I'm here eating popcorn and enjoying the situation. Also just saying--a number of other slow developers were off the radar from December until last week. Probably similar causes.

Last edited:

Senor Smut

Aug 11, 2020
There's probably something showing up next quarter. There was just a major meltdown on multiple levels, but it doesn't look like anything is queued for immediate release. I'm here eating popcorn and enjoying the situation. Also just saying--a number of other slow developers were off the radar from December until last week. Probably similar causes.
And notice how you never see Crush and those other Devs in the same room at the same time...

They're all Batman!

fortuna95

Lezz kiss for peace!
Donor
Feb 7, 2018

[1.21] Getting there

Hey guys! Just quickly reporting in that the writing's going much better. I pushed out a test version of the shift part of the episode yesterday and have received good feedback on it.

It feels short, so I'm going to squeeze the date with Big Mac into this episode (which is a bit shorter and lower-key than the fancy date with the Russians). That's already outlined so it should be quick to prototype – I'll get straight onto it now.
This episode has been an unexpected fucking nightmare to write. The good news is that all the struggle led to some cool and creative ideas to improve future episodes – more on that soon.

I've got more to say about this experience and what I learned, but I want to get this episode done, so I'm going to get straight into building the Big Mac date scene. Report to follow soon. Thanks so much for bearing with me and for the support while I've been creatively struggling, your confidence in the project is more motivating than you know. ❤

CassieBare

Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
It feels short, [...] (which is a bit shorter and lower-key than the fancy date with the Russians). That's already outlined so it should be quick to prototype – I'll get straight onto it now.
It feels short because...it is. Oh, and surprise, surprise, it won't be released before the end of the month so there can be another tick over on subscriber charges.

This episode has been an unexpected fucking nightmare to write.
Aren't they all though? That's what it seems like.

The good news is that all the struggle led to some cool and creative ideas to improve future episodes – more on that soon.
Of course, struggle led to 'MFAGA' as always. Will those things ever improve the content quality, speed, or quantity? Years of research says: no.

3.50 star(s) 109 Votes