Tanzie

Mar 10, 2019
Well I think you are being a little harsh.
Maybe a little harsh for a non patron, I'd be furious otherwise.

I think this Developer isn't milking Patreon, but went for a complex game and that complexity is slowing the game down.
Patreon is useful for online content creators, where patrons basically pay for the creation of new content on a daily/weekly/monthly basis. When it's used to create a video game, which has no clear timeline, no set milestones, not even a deadline, it's open to abuse and exploitation.

wdf

Nov 30, 2018
I'm new to this game but the first post was made in september 2017. Has it really been almost 2 years?

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
I'm new to this game but the first post was made in september 2017. Has it really been almost 2 years?

Yep, though it seems like just a... couple of years :LOL:

The game was originally pretty small and simple, but has gained length and depth over time. The team has also grown, and the graphics have been greatly improved.

Usually a game that has been in development for two years shows a peak in about year, and then either a "redesign" or "restart" or just a collapse, and then little if any progress gets made. What is encouraging here is that the game has just gotten steadily more popular and the devs' enthusiasm seems undimmed. Insexity is this old and still going strong, as is Accidental Woman, just in female protag games. AW is no further along in actual content.

Stretta

Nov 21, 2018
There should be the option of the MC having very little prior sexual experience prior to the mission. Right now it feels like the MC is somewhat a huge slut getting ready for a mission that involves a lot of sex.
Seems like being "kind of a huge slut" is the point. Why would anyone want to send a prude on a mission that involves having a lot of sex?

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Seems like being "kind of a huge slut" is the point. Why would anyone want to send a prude on a mission that involves having a lot of sex?
They are sending her because she physically resembles the asset they lost. The whole purpose of the Scotland Operation Lioness missions was to find out if she was capable of overcoming any prudishness well enough to carry out the mission. If she already was known as a "huge slut" they'd not have needed Lioness.

Having said that, you can easily create an agent with very little sexual experience, if that's who you want to send on the mission.

Reactions: XJ347

3xpurt

Feb 25, 2017
The free version definitely needs a back button, just for the sake of errors in char creation, to stop needing to start again; even it is only a single step.

Davkin

Aug 30, 2017
Having said that, you can easily create an agent with very little sexual experience, if that's who you want to send on the mission.
Although, if you create an agent with very little sexual experience, then the whole lioness missions seem rather out of place. It's either "I quite (game over)" or "I'm going to clubs to get ONS while my colleagues watch through surveillance". There is no middle ground or much work up toward the latter. I think the story-writers did not intend to have a MC with prudish tendencies, hence the lack of change of mentality.

D

Deleted member 800965

The entirety of anything you see before Scotland was introduced in v1.4, and the tweaks and fixes applied to the content since have been pretty minor. This is explainable since the majority of the players/patreons wishes for the main part, which is still far off, and only the minority doesn't really click through the lifepath ASAP and actively likes it and pays attention both to it and to its connections with the rest of the game (me included). The amount of people who wish to see more of a virgin-like Agent in order to get more fun from breaking her (let's not mince words, that's the thing everyone wants of this game) is bigger, but they are currently the same people who just demand Bangkok. So while I understand and partly share your concerns, it's unlikely something will be done with it for quite some time.
There is no middle ground or much work up toward the latter.
Also of note: noone forces you to fuck the first guy. ;) It will be forced for the second and third ones, though.

Mercedes

Nov 19, 2017
You limit this to two simple things.
But what about the additional content that already exists.
Granted, I'm also waiting eagerly for the Kate in Bangkok to get off the plane, but the gameplay in the story has so far doubled. Additional content (like selectable clothing), improvements in gameplay (generation of the NPC) have been implemented to name but the most obvious.

abao

Mar 20, 2018
So many stats with not enough explanation on how it actually effects the game. Other than that, holy shit I didn't know I can enjoy a text game with nearly no pictures so much.
Looking forward to actually setting foot in Bangkok.

Reactions: junkanon

euthanasia.

Jul 17, 2017
>Be me in 2017 or 2018
>Play this game, get through Scotland and Dubai
>Get to the end of the content
>"Alright, pretty nice. I should play this again later"
>Download the last version of the game in August 2019
>Play through Scotland and Dubai again
>Get a message saying that there is no content after that

What's going on here?
To be honest this was me as well. Crush and co have added a lot more mini scenes in between and have done overhauls but overall not much has changed.

Mercedes

Nov 19, 2017
So many stats with not enough explanation on how it actually effects the game.
I can not agree with that too.
For almost all cube samples, or at least the most important, you can see how your stats are positively or negatively influenced. However, keep in mind that this system will be much more complicated due to player preferences and what the team has been up to. Because with Bangkok and the intended diversity of the NPC's then yes even their statistics show effect.

I think many comments here (but also in other forums on the games offered on F95) express an opinion without having really informed. This is a pity and puts the work of the developers in a bad light.

Reactions: Fred Lu

abao

Mar 20, 2018
You can see how your stats are positively or negatively influenced.
You missed my point entirely. It's not how you influence the stats, it's how the stats influences you that's missing.

That said, it is an unfinished game as of yet, of course something's going to be lacking. I figured these are inputs that help the development process, because the game's complex enough that devs tend to forget to put some things in after getting lost trying to make/fix something else. If not, I'm sure the devs are perfectly capable of saying so themselves.

Davkin

Aug 30, 2017
You missed my point entirely. It's not how you influence the stats, it's how the stats influences you that's missing.
Based on what I know, certain background story routes are greyed out or unlikely to happen (dice roll) based on your stats. And some dialogue options are unavailable based on your kinks. Other than those, stats and kinks don't do much. The story is still linear.

Reactions: abao

wdf

Nov 30, 2018
These versions are really confusing. This is v1.5.1.03 and the main story is in Bangkok but it hasn't reached there yet. When games reach v1.0, does that not mean majority of the game is complete?

vince638

Oct 12, 2018
wdf That's how it used to go in typical major.minor.micro versioning systems (you'd stay under 1.0.0 until out of beta, without any voluntary 'early release'). 1.0.0 meant you had the finished product with all its originally intended features. Game updates being pretty rare before the internet was a thing, that had to be it. Sometimes there was a director's cut with extra stuff, but it didn't actually use a version number to point that out.
Nowadays with early releases and constant updates post-release being very simple to distribute, it slowly lost that meaning and got closer to software libraries that go way beyond 1.0, with it being simply a point with enough features for initial consumption.

Reactions: Crushstation
3.50 star(s) 111 Votes