Seeking Female-protag reluctance-based games

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
This is a bit tricky to describe. The basic idea is games that make it difficult (but not impossible) to avoid sex (including light stuff like groping) the MC doesn't particularly want; the tricky part is, nothing is physically forced on her. It could be blackmail, having to pay off a debt in a short time, needing the money to get basic gear, etc. It should be a major aspect of the game, not just a scene or two. And it should be avoidable with good gameplay/grinding/smart use of resources.

- Any engine, any visual style
- Must have gameplay, so no VN or KN
- No rape, or avoidable rape

So here are some I can name:

Darkmorrow Arena: Doing sexual favors, including humiliating stuff, makes the game a lot easier/beatable. Theoretically, because I've never gotten through it.

Selena: One Hour Agent: Various creeps will cooperate with an investigation in exchange for sexual favors, but money is an alternative.

Naked Ambition: The initial advisor pushes MC into exploiting her femininity, and he really is useful, but it can be avoided at the expense of dismissing him.

Kingdom of Deception: Prostitution can pay well, but there are other ways to make money.

Claire's Quest: Well, I haven't played it much but it seems like the kind of game where MC can resist being exploited.

Jaike

Aug 24, 2020
I am not entirely sure but I think A New Dawn may fit the request. The mechanics have been changed since the last time I played it though. The gameplay is quite light from what I recall, however, walking around, picking options and maybe getting a few resources. But I doubt that rape can be avoided in the monsters' city late in the game.

There was also a very similar Western RPGM game, but I can't remember its title. It's The Chant of Dead, but note that the ratings are very poor.

Downfall: A Story Of Corruption may be worth checking, a lot of stuff is avoidable but I think the corruption is in general quite 'path-based'.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pretentious Goblin

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
Thanks, though I can't say any of those look very appealing, either having unavoidable rape or not having proper gameplay.

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
Didn't get very far because I didn't like the gameplay, but I believe Overgrown Genesis has elements of this.
The early scene with the gangster would be a good example of this (if there was a gameplay penalty for refusing it, which I can't recall if there was besides maybe spending more time on fetch-quests) but I believe most of the scenes by far are zombie rape.