Seeking Female Protagonist games with agency

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
As the title says, Agency is key here. Ideally I'd like something with the level of decision making that exists in Project SAGE or Coceter Chronicles, to where you can decide how they feel about minute details or react to certain things.

What I am not looking for are Retard In Lechertown games. If the MC is just constantly met with rape and molestation and blackmail then it's probably no good.

Games that fit what I'm looking for perfectly:
  • Coceter Chronicles
  • Project SAGE
Games that aren't perfect but good enough:
  • Everwhore
  • Good Girl Gone Bad
  • Zoe's Temptations
  • I Love Daddy
  • Pale Pure
  • California Bound
  • Kingdom Of Deception
Games that are tolerable, but pushing it:
  • Vis Major: Awakening
  • Insexity (but really this game is kinda boring)
  • Chloe18 (and sequels)
Exactly what I'm not looking for
  • Anna's Exciting Affection
  • Elena's Life

ariloxi

Feb 10, 2017

Tragically abandoned but with hours of content.
The only parts when she had no agency is when her friend tries to slut her up as a therapy - hence the corruption tag its often included in corruption games lists. But even then you decide how far you go and only amount to 5% of the game. The rest is agency enjoying control over scared jawdropped men - mostly her students- and a lot of women too.
0% rape or blackmail

Deleted member 563623

Apr 19, 2018
You probably want to check out Jessical O'neil's Hard News. A skillfully rendered and well written female protag game (That's Jessica, the protagonist, in my sig). She's a smart girl with pretty much complete control so far. Great game. One of the best i've found so far.

Great thread by the way. Your coming close to describing my ideal game. :biggrin:

-Jessical O'neil's Hard News. ( - i'll even shill the patron link i like it so much :D:D)
-A Wife and Mother
-My Wife's a Star
(male and female protags)
-Desecration of Wings
-Noxian Nights
-Female Agent
(text based game tho, if that works for you)
-Claire's Quest

That's it off the top of my head.

With a Wife and Mother People tend to have strong reactions in both direction - "too slow, not enough bangin'!" vs "the atmosphere and build up is worth it!". A rare occasion when both sides of a polarized issue have merit imo, but i dig it.

My Wife's a Star is still early days and it's a dual protagonist game split between a husband and wife.

I think Desecration is pretty great, but be prepared to play what feels pretty much like an actual JRPG a lot of the time.

Claire's Quest is another one that feels like more of an actual game, and it does have some blackmail and such, but it lets you tailor what kind of person the main character is pretty well, so the protag can have a good deal of agency if you choose.

Reactions: DarthSeduction

BeWilder

Game Developer
Jan 18, 2018
Hey there! I would second Jessica O'Neil's Hard News, though I admit I've not played it. Not got the time on my hands nor the ability to support/back it right now. I've have had some interaction with StoperArt before though and he's a good developer. He's got experience as part of the LoP glory days (whether you like them or loathe them, they did a whole lot and been through the development fire long enough). Plus, a look over the art will tell you it's good on that front.

I'll also chime in while here, as there was a comment above that suggested my game , but has since disappeared. I also think that has what your looking for. Yes, there is a corrupt path where the main character is subservient to the villain, but it is easily avoidable if you don't let yourself get captured and refuse help multiple times. Aside from that path, there is plenty of leeway to be who you want to be, with most scenes having text variants that reflect different outlooks of the MC based on her previous choices. So yeah, you might like that.

If you do, there is our other game which is still in its early days, . It's our attempt to do a good corruption / liberation game that's not at all like the Retard in Letchertown cookie-cutter crap. To that point, (SPOILER) in the prequel / intro Mini-VN, when the villain tries to strong arm her into sex, she headbutts him in the face and pulls a knife on him. Not a typical response in your female protag games, but its a real one.

Anyways, hope you find what your looking for if not any of the suggestions I've got here. Anything that raises the profile of actually fleshed out female protag games, and to a larger extent, women characters in adult games in general, is a damn good thing.

Keep those suggestions and spotlights coming, folks![/SPOILER]

ThisIsMe88

May 12, 2018
We need more devs with good tastes like yours.

The number of H-games out there featuring dumb and incapable female characters reduced to boring CG slideshows is (almost) criminal.

EDIT : I'd also like to third Jessica O'Neil's Hard News. Outstanding game.

Abibliboop

Oct 21, 2018
Valiant Warrior Astrid: female MC, good renders, definitely plays up the ignorant and naive girl going down the path of dumb to be shamed and humiliated, but you can actually control that somewhat (at least as far as I've played it you can choose to say nope and do things in a slightly more intelligent way). I've only played it for a few hours so I'm not sure how quickly it goes down hill or if you can actually stay in control. This one is probably more in the vein of Kingdom of Deception than Coceter Chronicle.

Last edited:

JaszMan

Aug 13, 2018
Just played High Life, looking forward to that one.
always looking for a decent Female Protag Corruption game. Where the MC has a choice. I never heard of Coceter Chronicles, myself.Now Manila Shaw really does give you the "be good" or "be bad" situations. Good Girl gone bad similar concept. So can you reccomend any good ones if you played those types of female heroine games?

pepette

Game Developer
Feb 20, 2018
Try mine : lolita gone wild
There's a very little blackmail part (even when the game will be finished, this part still be very little in the game)
The goal of the game: Help Lolita discover the joys of sex and exposure.

The game is still in early developement (3rd release).
Hope you'll like it

Reactions: JaszMan

JaszMan

Aug 13, 2018
There's a very little blackmail part (even when the game will be finished, this part still be very little in the game)

Hope you'll like it
I Will check it out, for sure.

Reactions: pepette

JaszMan

Aug 13, 2018

Hope you'll like it
I played Zoe's Temptations long time ago, it was really neat that she could turn into a Demon, however just when you start to enjoy the Demon Zoe it is the end of the game. Missed opportunity. It is fun playing the monster. LOL. its good to be bad. The ending was underwhelming.

JaszMan

Aug 13, 2018
Hey there! I would second Jessica O'Neil's Hard News, though I admit I've not played it. Not got the time on my hands nor the ability to support/back it right now. I've have had some interaction with StoperArt before though and he's a good developer. He's got experience as part of the LoP glory days (whether you like them or loathe them, they did a whole lot and been through the development fire long enough). Plus, a look over the art will tell you it's good on that front.

I'll also chime in while here, as there was a comment above that suggested my game , but has since disappeared. I also think that has what your looking for. Yes, there is a corrupt path where the main character is subservient to the villain, but it is easily avoidable if you don't let yourself get captured and refuse help multiple times. Aside from that path, there is plenty of leeway to be who you want to be, with most scenes having text variants that reflect different outlooks of the MC based on her previous choices. So yeah, you might like that.

If you do, there is our other game which is still in its early days, . It's our attempt to do a good corruption / liberation game that's not at all like the Retard in Letchertown cookie-cutter crap. To that point, (SPOILER) in the prequel / intro Mini-VN, when the villain tries to strong arm her into sex, she headbutts him in the face and pulls a knife on him. Not a typical response in your female protag games, but its a real one.

Anyways, hope you find what your looking for if not any of the suggestions I've got here. Anything that raises the profile of actually fleshed out female protag games, and to a larger extent, women characters in adult games in general, is a damn good thing.

Keep those suggestions and spotlights coming, folks![/SPOILER]
i Like Agent of Heels, Hope Heroine in the Corrupt Branch will want more than to be subservient to the villian, have her corruption want to slowly gain villian trust so She can become more than the villian's puppet. Evil Queen of heels type of ambitions due to the parasite influence. Just a thought. Playing a villian or Fallen Heroine so much more fun. Its Good to be Bad after all. "evil smirk"

JaszMan

Aug 13, 2018

Hope you'll like it
Ideology of Friction game also checks everything on my list that I have been trying to find. Corruption,Check,Pure Route,Check,Corrupt route,Check,RPG, Check, Transformation,Check. and Demons. Check. Super fun game. Wish I knew others like it.