Votes: 17 36.2%
  • It is complicated...

Votes: 14 29.8%

• Total voters

CobraPL

NTR PALADIN
Donor
Sep 3, 2016
So, guys, I was thinking. Some DEVs made story and fetishes list for their game ahead. I suggested many of them to add NTR (or other content) and they said, that it won't fit the story/their vision etc.

So, what do you think about idea - add (paid or not) DLC with any fetish ppl want? This won't spoil idea/mood because it is nonexistent in the game w/o installed DLC. So win/win scenario.

NTR is perhaps most easy fetish to add, just in every game, typical for Patreon, MC fucks certain woman (like neighbours daughter) quit late in story. So, just add one scene when someone fucks her out of nowhere before MC or impregnates her.

Or add postcriptum (epilogue) with NTR Mystery - MC realizes, that he was cheated - once or in affair. But player see that AFTER the game hehe.

NTR is just example, dev could try it with more fetishes (like change graphics with futa, changing text for incest).

DLC adds some flexibility for sure.

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
So, guys, I was thinking. Some DEVs made story and fetishes list for their game ahead. I suggested many of them to add NTR (or other content) and they said, that it won't fit the story/their vision etc.

So, what do you think about idea - add (paid or not) DLC with any fetish ppl want? This won't spoil idea/mood because it is nonexistent in the game w/o installed DLC. So win/win scenario.

NTR is perhaps most easy fetish to add, just in every game, typical for Patreon, MC fucks certain woman (like neighbours daughter) quit late in story. So, just add one scene when someone fucks her out of nowhere before MC or impregnates her.

Or add postcriptum (epilogue) with NTR Mystery - MC realizes, that he was cheated - once or in affair. But player see that AFTER the game hehe.

NTR is just example, dev could try it with more fetishes (like change graphics with futa, changing text for incest).

It's something I've joked about doing, and it could be a good idea, but I don't know how well it would work.

CeLezte

Sep 10, 2017
Well, DLC is something you plan for in the very early stages of your game design. If the developer says they think DLCs just won't fit into their game, it might be because of a technical or design issue that is not easy for them to solve.
It is very hard to build truly modular games and define interfaces that can enable you to alter the game dramatically. Even if it is just the story or a couple of scenes, you really need to think ahead of time to achieve this goal

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
Well, DLC is something you plan for in the very early stages of your game design. If the developer says they think DLCs just won't fit into their game, it might be because of a technical or design issue that is not easy for them to solve.
It is very hard to build truly modular games and define interfaces that can enable you to alter the game dramatically. Even if it is just the story or a couple of scenes, you really need to think ahead of time to achieve this goal
Ren'Py and Unity would be capable of being modified simply enough. There would be a little extra coding to do, but it wouldn't be impossible.

CobraPL

NTR PALADIN
Donor
Sep 3, 2016
No-one said it will always be easy and be actually good ide for given game. NTR is good because it consist, story wise, of two elements:
1. Building relationship with female - it is done in most games already. And then:
2. Sudden strike of information, that female is stolen/fucked by other male. It could be one scene, one render with text. Even more!!! There could be just text scene (with generic backgruond) (peping, overhearing) where MC and player are uncertain if female cheats or not. I mean, we don't need typical render with explict sex + text for NTR to depict.
(there are other methods of executing NTR, which ARE hard to add w/o planning).

EisTeeAT

Oct 1, 2017
I think you got to look at this from a different POV, currently most games are done by small groups / individuals and mostly ppl are alrdy fairly impatient when it comes to updates on the games.
Barely any game actually gets finished.

Considering this asking for DLCs is probaply a bit much.. it would delay the normal game even more than already often is the case. Also most Devs know what they want to make, they do not necessarily try to cater to everyone, they just create something they enjoy.
If someone is trying to cater to everyone he is most likely not doing a good job in certain areas, because without passion nothing good will come of it.

So whilst some games might be better with some DLC stuff it is simply not a good idea overal i think due to the limited dev time and reasources.

Oiz

I am not Bloo, cause Bloo is a cunt
Modder
Donor
Aug 5, 2016
Actually it's a lose/lose scenario. Adding those DLCs just means, that the dev will have to put time into those, which means less work on the actual game. This in turn means less content for the normal user and more work for the dev.

Random scenes like this add nothing to a game for me. A scene has to have some buildup and make sense. But yeah I get, it's just an example and you didn't brainstorm for a decent scene, so whatever.

The problem with stuff like this is, that it has to make sense. When, where, why and with whom did she cheat on the MC? Can't forget the W-Questions. Way too many devs just slap scenes into their games with no context or anything already, imho.

Every single fetish added would reduce the actual content of the game to create fetish variations. This is also one of the biggest problem with community based development. A Dev should have a vision and a plan for his game. Suggestions are fine, but if they don't want NTR in their games they shouldn't add it. Not even for a 10000$ patron. If oyu have to add stuff that you don't want into your game you won't be passionate about it and the quality will be reduced.

No it doesn't. It actually just hides content behind another paywall. Since all the games are pretty much behind a paywall already, you'd then have an outer and an inner paywall.

The better option would be to just make the game as complete and cohesive as possible and give the user the option to turn off certain fetishes, like NTR, scat, gore, gay stuff, etc.

All in all I think Devs should just make the games they wanna make. If you add every fetish the community wants the game won't be finished before the year 2050. :pokerFace:

Reactions: EisTeeAT

Aeilion

Jun 14, 2017
I do not like the idea.

When you create a game either alone or in a team, you always come to a limit in terms of time devoted to the content you can offer.
If you choose to use this time for a "bonus" content, it means agreeing to take some time away from the real content of the game.
Especially when at the same time we see very well that nothing happens in the story and we were treated to 2 poor sex scenes with no real interest.

Unless obviously a finished game to which we could add things because we do not plan to make a new game or what.

But honestly there is very little game completed and in addition to a developer who do not want to do another game, it is even more rare.

I much prefer a deeper game, more advanced in the development even without the scene that I will love for X reasons, rather than a game that is slowing itself to satisfy a handful of people even if I am part of it.

I may be wrong, but I personally find that there is little quality game available. And obviously when looking for a fetish like the NTR or others who is poorly represented it becomes even more difficult. But if we just start to want to sacrifice the work of those who can do something right for other players, we will all end up with games watered down.

And every time I see that kind of thing (Dream of desire ....) All I'm saying to myself is that he's trying to make money easy rather than actually producing a game.

Now it happens sometimes that we can have an idea that goes through our head but that ultimately does not fit into the story that we want to tell. And end up adding it in this form, I can understand. Because the idea comes from the developer, it is not something that is forced. So normally it will be the same level as the rest of the game But if really it is the case I prefer that the addition be done at the end of the development.

CobraPL

NTR PALADIN
Donor
Sep 3, 2016
About limited time/resources: Hmm, I wonder how much work comission and mod (community) can do here.

Also I thought about DLC as some kind of alternate route with dead-end or spin-off.

And yes, I thought rather (but not neccessarly) about adding such things to finished games.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Just to note that when a dev says they aren't adding a fetish because it doesn't fit their game it means they aren't going to add it, DLC or not.

NTR is a split bag and some devs hate it so won't make scenes for it.

maisbordeldemerde

La rabia del pueblo
Donor
Dec 19, 2016
I think the dev should do what he wants to, if he likes some hardcore fetish then do it, if not then you don't need to force yourself to add something just to get more attention or to be more popular. Im not a fan of devs listening too much at the audience & adding incest or hype fetishes just because it fits to the majority of the audience. He'd better just stick to what he likes imo, period

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
About limited time/resources: Hmm, I wonder how much work comission and mod (community) can do here.

Also I thought about DLC as some kind of alternate route with dead-end or spin-off.

And yes, I thought rather (but not neccessarly) about adding such things to finished games.
I think the problem that we'd run into, and in fact this is where I was joking about it in the past, is that what would happen is games that have alternate routes that toe the line of being NTR or include a Futa character or something, would put that route behind a paywall. So for instance, with Babysitter, you'd have to spend more to get the scenes with Silver or Robert, because they are the "NTR" content. It would essentially ruin the industry.

gamersglory

Xpression Games
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2017
Or if a dev ever decides to exercise there DMCA or Copyright ownership of a game they developed

Aeilion

Jun 14, 2017

If this is the job of an outside team, it could work, but I do not believe that the adult game industry (at least in our part of the world) is at the level where the developers can go allow that or have maturity for that. Except maybe some exceptions.

On this forum in the end we already have a lot of fan art and mods for popular games, now should the developers should turn to these people to produce alternative content ...? I think it's quite complicated in terms of content protection, paywall or not system and necessarily income allotted to it.

But as I said, I doubt that we are at this stage ...

Not to mention the problem with Patreon, since a moment, which already requires (for some) an extra effort to make patches offering the real content of the game. So for an unbanished fetish it goes but if in addition we go to things who does not stick with Patreon it complicates things even more. I say that just to highlight the fact that the industry is not stable at the moment, far from it and everything is complicated.

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
No, first, I think a DLC is meant to add something beyond the scope of the the original game, so a game would have to finished first before such implementation, there is no point in adding extra content if you have not completed the main. And second, I aprove of developers having full creative control of their games, instead of going with what the community wants. And lastly and more importantly, as I understand Patreon is supposed to be support for the developer, not to sell games, so one shouldn't sell extra content like it's Steam.

That's for western indie developers though, as I understand more established ones can do it, like in the Japanese VN market.

Reactions: Gomly1980

Ataios

Sep 11, 2017
I don't think it will work. For many fetishes adding them is quite the same as making a new game. Just thinking of a few and the effort it would take:
Lesbian: Exchange all male characters for female ones, changing all references to gender in dialogues.
BDSM: Creating a whole new set of scenes and bringing the submissive or dominant side of the chracters to the story.
Incest: Re-writing the story, so the characters are related
Rape: Create new scenes and possibly rewrite the story depending on perspective.
Voyeurism: Create new scenes with a passive MC, possibly rewrite story.
I most cases making a new game just makes more sense. I could think of sequels with a certain fetish for some games though.

Kane Salvatore

Salvatore Studios
Donor
Jan 2, 2018
i'm considering some add-ons/sequel/expansions for my wip but that's only because i like some fetishes that the game will not have in the original story.. that and still deciding wither or not to use patreon.. which means the current idea will have to be rewritten for patreon, which is simple since it hasn't really started yet

Reactions: CobraPL

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
i'm considering some add-ons/sequel/expansions for my wip but that's only because i like some fetishes that the game will not have in the original story.. that and still deciding wither or not to use patreon.. which means the current idea will have to be rewritten for patreon, which is simple since it hasn't really started yet
your premise shouldn't be too hard to hide from patreon so long as you don't name it something like Daughter Parade or some shit.

Reactions: Kane Salvatore

a meme

Sep 26, 2017
Bad idea all around. You'll alienate a part of your fanbase and paying customers. Stick with your fetishes.

Kane Salvatore

Salvatore Studios
Donor
Jan 2, 2018
your premise shouldn't be too hard to hide from patreon so long as you don't name it something like Daughter Parade or some shit.
true but i've heard some dev's have to send in their scripts to staff or something
only fetish to worry about in mine is the incest since that's in patreons crosshairs atm..