File corrupted [Solved]

Grahim

Jan 8, 2018
Well lately I have been running into this problem in rpg maker games lately most of the games give me the massage of "file corrupted! please run a virus check, then reinstall the application" showing that RGSS301.dll file is corrupted but this problem doesn't seem to be consistent with every rpg maker game for reasons beyond me so for I have tried.
Running a virus check and redownloading the game.
Taking RGSS301.dll file from one of the uncorrupted games and replacing it with both the corrupted game and the normal rpg maker file.
Trying a different site.
Trying a different downloading site.
Re installing the game without running a virus check.
But now I am out of ideas and I hope some of you can help me if you are at least encountering the same problem as I please do say so since I did not find any other person who had this same problem. I sincerely thank anybody who has read this and I hope some of you can find a solution.

Back

Aug 3, 2017
Well, you've certainly tried several tactics there; commendable. May I also suggest a clean reinstall of the RTPs? In addition, though I've not confirmed this myself, I once heard long ago that some users had issues if the game's path directory or the files it needs to pull are too long then it could prevent the game from running properly. Hmm, what else? Have you attempted to run the game in a different compatibility mode (i.e., WinXP)? Try a different language setup? I used to use AppLocale before I switched to a laptop. Hopefully one of these other suggestions prove fruitful. Good luck, fellow Zoner!

Grahim

Jan 8, 2018
Thank you very much Back I tried every solution you given me and shortening the path directory seems to be only one that seemed to work. Even though I would prefer a better solution since I had to shorten it to a folder right in the E drive but it's a solution none the less and you have my thanks I shall mark this as solved.

Reactions: Poyased

Back

Aug 3, 2017
Well alright! Good deal, glad it worked out for you. Now get on out of here and have fun! *Fistbump*

Baralover001

Nov 21, 2017
i am also having the same problem when trying to play a japanese rgss3 rpg game can anyone pls help me when i tried to run the game via rgss3 player it always says please run a virus check then reinstall the application hope someone would help me some rgss3 players games are working on my 32bit windows 7 laptop hopesomeone can help me fix this problem i have attached a picture for my problem

banabo_lord

Dec 27, 2018
Thank you very much Back I tried every solution you given me and shortening the path directory seems to be only one that seemed to work. Even though I would prefer a better solution since I had to shorten it to a folder right in the E drive but it's a solution none the less and you have my thanks I shall mark this as solved.
can you show me how to shorten the path directory? i've ran into the same problem as you did: when i extract the game file and open it, the message "file corrupted" appear. However i can still open it when it's in Winrar.

Lance231

Jan 6, 2018
I know that this is a bit old but I want to post how I managed to do it.

My error was the same but (in the image that I atached) you can see how the name of the carpet is ????????. That is because it's in japanese. So even though I use LocalEmulator to play the .exe it says that something is corrupt with the game. (My take is that even with the emulator it can't read the name of the carpet and it gives you the error)

What I did was to simply change the original japanese name of the carpet to something made of roman letters. (Like "witch" or "Knight" or whatever but with your type of letters instead of japanese simbols)

shisuiphuc

Jul 1, 2019
I know that this is a bit old but I want to post how I managed to do it.

My error was the same but (in the image that I atached) you can see how the name of the carpet is ????????. That is because it's in japanese. So even though I use LocalEmulator to play the .exe it says that something is corrupt with the game. (My take is that even with the emulator it can't read the name of the carpet and it gives you the error)

What I did was to simply change the original japanese name of the carpet to something made of roman letters. (Like "witch" or "Knight" or whatever but with your type of letters instead of japanese simbols)
Holy shit it fukin work !