File sizes on websites

clax

May 5, 2020
I am noticing that the file sizes on many of the websites to download any game can be different which is a big red flag, does anyone know which websites don't have unwanted programs in them? The only one I know of is mega.nz but the problem with that one is that because the games I download exceed 5 gigabytes it stops the download or tell me I don't have enough storage on chrome.

Hagatagar

Oct 11, 2019
what sucks is the download speeds, 300-400 kbs, it takes 2 hours just for a 3gb download, what am I am supposed to do if I can't leave my pc on to download a 20gb download?
You could (and probably should) use a download manager like .

Download manager are standalone apps which can pause and resume downloads (if the filehosts allows it, which most do) even after rebooting your pc.

With some filehosts, you might even get better download speeds if you use a download manager.
I once saw a boost from ~500kb/s to ~12mb/s, but it wasn't one of the F95zone approved filehosts.

clax

May 5, 2020
You could (and probably should) use a download manager like .

Download manager are standalone apps which can pause and resume downloads (if the filehosts allows it, which most do) even after rebooting your pc.

With some filehosts, you might even get better download speeds if you use a download manager.
I once saw a boost from ~500kb/s to ~12mb/s, but it wasn't one of the F95zone approved filehosts.
What about free download manager? I have no experience with download managers, as I have never needed them, I used to download from nopy due to how fast they were and it really sucks that they're gone now. There are also some adware concerns with Jdownloader

Last edited:

Hagatagar

Oct 11, 2019
What about free download manager? I have no experience with download managers, as I have never needed them, I used to download from nopy due to how fast they were and it really sucks that they're gone now.
and are both free. I myself use JDownloader and am quite satisfied with it.

Hagatagar

Oct 11, 2019
And your not having any adware issues?
No adware issues at all.
The only "ad" you'll see is a little banner in the app itself.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
But you can disable it in Advanced Settings.
Type in the search box "banner", uncheck the box then type "premium alert" and uncheck the three boxes.

You might want to consider using the JDownloader add-on for your browser, as it makes using it much more convenient.

As for how to use it, I'm sure there are helpful videos on YouTube. ;)

clax

May 5, 2020
No adware issues at all.
The only "ad" you'll see is a little banner in the app itself.
But you can disable it in Advanced Settings.
Type in the search box "banner", uncheck the box then type "premium alert" and uncheck the three boxes.

You might want to consider using the JDownloader add-on for your browser, as it makes using it much more convenient.

As for how to use it, I'm sure there are helpful videos on YouTube. ;)
Ok thx