[R>Artist 2D] [R>Artist 3D] Share [FILLED] Looking for artist for fantasy themed game

The Rogue Trader

Sep 12, 2021
Hi all, I'm looking for an artist (2D or 3D) to restart a long-term project from scratch.

Project:
"Blood and Principle" was originally a project from Pink_Marmalade, with me as the writer, but after everyone had to step down in an early stage of development, he has authorized me to go on.
The game is a fantasy VN with RPG elements and a combat system based on card battles, set in a unique world filled with political intrigue, exotic locations and scantily clad hotties, but for the moment we are developing only the first episode, a low fantasy power struggle among rival gangs in the dockside of the kingdom's capital.

More details can be found in this brief description of the project:

Looking for:
Artist.
Since both 3D and 2D art have advantages and drawbacks, I don't want to close any doors.

Employment Type:
Once launched, the project will be commercial (via Patreon) and the revenues will be shared between me, the programmer and the artist.

Work commitment:
The project will be hopefully long lived, but for now I want to focus only on the first episode.
I'm perfectly fine with part-time commitment.

Preferred method of contact:
By replying to this thread, PMing me or via Discord at The Rogue Trader#1570 (EDIT: and not 1370 as previously mistyped :mad:).

Job Description:
The artist should take care of the scene pictures and the battle cards.
I can help with storyboarding and creating characters and locations. Actually, if working with Daz I could go as far as posing, but I'd rather focus on the writing.

Last edited:

Meraugis

Jul 22, 2021
Hey I am interested in your proposal

I am a French Art student looking for a part time job, and your project, have caught my attention especially since I am passoned by the medieval period. I personnaly only do 2d both traditional and digital, but recently I get myself into pixel art animation

Here some sample of my work IMG_5076.JPG image.png

Last edited:

The Rogue Trader

Sep 12, 2021
Hi dacomdacom!

1) Thank you! I noticed that a well-thought document dramatically increases the chances of being taken seriously, so I put some effort into planning. (Also, page layout is part of my RL job.)

2) I don't read emails too often, so I'd rather not add another means of contact. I see that you're still under the 5 posts required for starting a direct conversation (I've been there too!), so I'll send you a DM.

3) Yes I'm in contact with a programmer.
3.1) The original game was to be in Unity, but to speed up production I decided to switch to Ren'Py. The current programmer is working in Ren'Py.
3.2) The project has been officially resurrected very recently, IIRC 2-3 weeks ago. I've yet to see a line of code, but I consider that normal in such a short time.

4) The two prologues are quite short. I calculated that the Prince's one is about 40 pictures and the Farmer's one is more or less on the same page. I can share the relative documents if you are interested in reading them, but I'm not comfortable doing so on a public forum.
I'd rather launch the game a bit after the prologue, with a chunk of the first episode to show. But that would be a lot more work (maps, character creation, playtesting, etc) and anyway it's a decision for the team, not mine alone.

5) No, I'm sorry for the Russian friends but that goes way beyond my meagre financial skills. But I'm sure there are ways to go around that.

Raoul_Duke

Apr 12, 2022
I'm not familiar with Pink_Marmalade or their work, is there an existing audience out there from past projects who are likely to support this one? Even if you're confident in your product, it can be very difficult to generate any kind of patreon income from a game if you need to build an audience from scratch.

The Rogue Trader

Sep 12, 2021
I'm not familiar with Pink_Marmalade or their work, is there an existing audience out there from past projects who are likely to support this one? Even if you're confident in your product, it can be very difficult to generate any kind of patreon income from a game if you need to build an audience from scratch.
Sorry for the late reply.
No, this is an entirely new project. Pink_Marmalade had the original idea, but I had to restart everything from scratch (aside from worldbuilding and story). Since the team isn't yet full, we aren't even sure about all the kinks that we will want to add.
Yes, I'm aware that money won't jump in our lap all by itself, even if there's a big demand for lewd fantasy games, and I'm confident that the rest of the team doesn't believe that starting this project we'll be able to quit our jobs and go to live on a sunny tropical island :cool:.
Yes, building an audience is hard work. Actually, the proposal of hiring a manager is already on the table, but it's all very premature at this stage.

Last edited:

Crimson Delight Games

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2020
More details can be found in this brief description of the project:
I was intrigued enough by this that I popped it open and read it... Fallout? PS:T? You sir are a gentleman and a scholar!

Almost nobody here takes the time to write design docs, which are IMHO the most important part of starting a new project. I gotta say I was pleasantly surprised when I read yours! I'm not here to offer any services, but I just wanted to say how impressed I am by your vision, and I wish you success in your endeavor.

Good luck with your project; here's a friendly bump! ;) (y)

dvillustrations

Oct 23, 2017
Hey,
The project definitely sounds interesting and I'd love o elp out with it.
You can see some examples of my work here:
Let me know what you think,
-D

The Rogue Trader

Sep 12, 2021
Hey,
The project definitely sounds interesting and I'd love o elp out with it.
You can see some examples of my work here:
Let me know what you think,
-D
Sigh... Where have you people been all my life?
A few days ago another 2D illustrator with a very fitting style wrote to me, and I had to turn him away because the position is already filled.
I really like your style and I think it would fit perfectly the game's concept (I even gave a serious thought about having the art being a Black-and-White comic style, as I'm strongly drawing inspiration from the Noir genre) but an extremely talented 3D artist already joined the team and he’s doing great things with the characters.

I'm afraid I'll have to mark the thread as closed. I never did it only because I feel it's calling bad luck.

I wish you good luck, but with your talent you won’t need much luck!

Reactions: dvillustrations

dvillustrations

Oct 23, 2017
Sigh... Where have you people been all my life?
A few days ago another 2D illustrator with a very fitting style wrote to me, and I had to turn him away because the position is already filled.
I really like your style and I think it would fit perfectly the game's concept (I even gave a serious thought about having the art being a Black-and-White comic style, as I'm strongly drawing inspiration from the Noir genre) but an extremely talented 3D artist already joined the team and he’s doing great things with the characters.

I'm afraid I'll have to mark the thread as closed. I never did it only because I feel it's calling bad luck.

I wish you good luck, but with your talent you won’t need much luck!
Glad you found a good artist, keep us posted brother!