Filter to exclude

hallsigns

May 1, 2019
Is there a way to filter to exclude x tag when searching the new or trending game pages? Currently, you can filter by stating it much include a tag (for up to 5 tags), but there doesn't seem to be a way to easily exclude a specific tag when searching from the sidebar menu. Is there a way to do this easily? Or a more advanced search option on the site I don't know about?

Reactions: pavaols and grgrgr5
Jun 15, 2019
I want to know if there is a way to ignore a certain tag in general, like for me, I'd like to ignore the "gay" tag everywhere. For example the "Latest games & updates" thread which I visit a lot. And instead of me going on to the thread and ignoring it because it has gay content, I'd like to know if there is a way for me to change some setting to ignore every "gay" thread. Hopefully that made sense.

hallsigns

May 1, 2019
I want to know if there is a way to ignore a certain tag in general, like for me, I'd like to ignore the "gay" tag everywhere. For example the "Latest games & updates" thread which I visit a lot. And instead of me going on to the thread and ignoring it because it has gay content, I'd like to know if there is a way for me to change some setting to ignore every "gay" thread. Hopefully that made sense.
I mean it does, but when I was searching if anyone had asked my question before - a post like yours was in existence and the answer was no...

I think filtering is a good option because I'm sure it's something already built into the site that just needs to be enabled because you can filter FOR something. Ignoring a specific tag on everything period probably is not even really possible. And with filtering to exclude a tag - you would be able to exclude gay or content you don't want to search for.

hallsigns

May 1, 2019
I mean it does, but when I was searching if anyone had asked my question before - a post like yours was in existence and the answer was no...

I think filtering is a good option because I'm sure it's something already built into the site that just needs to be enabled because you can filter FOR something. Ignoring a specific tag on everything period probably is not even really possible. And with filtering to exclude a tag - you would be able to exclude gay or content you don't want to search for.
I find myself wanting this more and more - particularly to ignore ntr and incest content.

closetperv

Dec 7, 2019
I've been wondering about that aswell.

The current filter is for searching tags while I'd prefer a filter to exclude certain tags.

For example visual novels (VN) are quite popular in the game forum but they are heavily text based with many routes and 10+ hours of content each. While some of them are not bad but I simply don't have the time to check all of them out.

Reactions: TopHatSam

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
You can filter out tags using the advanced search. It's not as pretty as latest updates, and can't be sorted by rating. But I think it is planned for latest updates, at some unknown time in the future.

An example search for 3DCG visual novels, but with no incest or NTR.

Edit - The test version of latest updates with the ability to filter out (exclude) tags is now here.

Last edited:
Reactions: pavaols

hallsigns

May 1, 2019
You can filter out tags using the advanced search. It's not as pretty as latest updates, and can't be sorted by rating. But I think it is planned for latest updates, at some unknown time in the future.

An example search for 3DCG visual novels, but with no incest or NTR.
Thanks for posting this! I did not realize this was an option. Wish when I posted this last year someone would have said this instead of saying no - this is not necessary...

Reactions: TheBlueKnight