HTML Finding a new game host

GDS

Best Dev EVUR!
Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
I've being Using for hosting my HTML5(since HTML5 wont play from folder)
But have a limit to the game size(250mb)And I'm on almost that. So now I need a new host that:
-Can store and show HTML5.
-Can let me me give Patrons and public version, By password or hiding links
- Will accept games with lots of files, (itch.io accept bigger games, but asks it to have <100 files on in)

Any suggestions?

GDS

Best Dev EVUR!
Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
Let people download it, or break it into chapters.
HTML5 can't be downloaded, it's a bit different from HTML.

It cant be Broken in chapters, since it's a opened game,
The game in question is Chloe18

Castle

Game Developer
Jul 31, 2017
I've being Using for hosting my HTML5(since HTML5 wont play from folder)
But have a limit to the game size(250mb)And I'm on almost that. So now I need a new host that:
-Can store and show HTML5.
-Can let me me give Patrons and public version, By password or hiding links
- Will accept games with lots of files, (itch.io accept bigger games, but asks it to have <100 files on in)

Any suggestions?

Itch.io is pretty nice, it recommends to have less than 100 "projects" , but a project can have numerous files in it. They also can extend the limit by request. You could also zip all the files into a folder as well and that should be fine.

You could try having a "non public project" and link that one to your patreons, Or give them individual download keys.

Worst case you can use it for just your public builds, as the analytic are pretty nice.

GDS

Best Dev EVUR!
Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
Itch.io is pretty nice, it recommends to have less than 100 "projects" , but a project can have numerous files in it. They also can extend the limit by request. You could also zip all the files into a folder as well and that should be fine.

You could try having a "non public project" and link that one to your patreons, Or give them individual download keys.

Worst case you can use it for just your public builds, as the analytic are pretty nice.
itch.io was my plan, but they still limit the size of the zip, I'm getting this msg "Too many files in zip (1189 > 500)".

Their support is not answering my requests for a extent, maybe it's because I'm a new member there,
itch.io have some very good features, with it could even let people play the game earlier.