• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Finding testers for a project

Narazzi

Dec 28, 2017
Not sure if this is the right place, if it isn't, feel free to delete/move the thread.

I'm currently working on my first ren'py 18+ non-linear VN. I alreay have made the GUI, a few events, and some scenes.

The problem is, I don't really know where to find testers! I don't have a patreon properly set up, and I don't want to cause unnecessary excitement if it proves to be a terrible game.

The way I want for people to test the concept is to join me on my discord and let me know with constructive criticism what to improve and what to keep the way it is.

Anyhow, if you are interested in testing a proof of concept build of my first game, please let me know either by a pm or by posting here.

- Narazzi
(Again, if this is the wrong place, feel free to move/delete)

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Game Compressor
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
Feel free to release a demo of your game if you want. You may be able to get the feedback you want that way.

Glew

Jul 1, 2017
Yep start a new post with the game and we are leave a comment and report bugs and it is for free no problem.

Kaffekop

Game Developer
Jul 23, 2017
Hey.
I have found this place to be full of helpful players, both with testing and bug finding.
I don't think I could find a better place for such things.
Good luck

Cheers - Kaffekop

Reactions: Papa Ernie

Semeicardia

The Real Slim Semei
Modder
Donor
Mar 11, 2017
I would say pick a community based on the subject matter of the game.
If it is going to have a large focus on corruption and / or mind-control, the Hypnopics Collective would be one of the best places to find testers. They would be able to bring in-depth feedback on corruption and mind-control mechanics.
If it going to have a large focus on transformation of any kind, the TFGamesite would be one of the best places to find testers. They would be able to bring in-depth feedback on transformation mechanics.
Anything else, I would present here, especially if it has incest content, since a majority of users here seem to enjoy that.
You could consult general game-development communities if you just want feedback on coding, but not so much on how mechanics work.

Again, any community can give you feedback, but if you bring your game to a community that focuses on your subject matter, they will give you much better feedback.

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
I'd happily run through and give you feedback, i'm picky on things like grammar, readability, clipping in renders (assuming DAZ or similar) and stuff but perhaps that's the sort of thing you want?

IAL3XI

Feb 12, 2020
Not sure if this is the right place, if it isn't, feel free to delete/move the thread.

I'm currently working on my first ren'py 18+ non-linear VN. I alreay have made the GUI, a few events, and some scenes.

The problem is, I don't really know where to find testers! I don't have a patreon properly set up, and I don't want to cause unnecessary excitement if it proves to be a terrible game.

The way I want for people to test the concept is to join me on my discord and let me know with constructive criticism what to improve and what to keep the way it is.

Anyhow, if you are interested in testing a proof of concept build of my first game, please let me know either by a pm or by posting here.

- Narazzi
(Again, if this is the wrong place, feel free to move/delete)
Hey i want to test the game