Firefox opens .torrent like text files

iball

Aug 4, 2017
I am having an issue that (as far as I notice) is only happening on this site. When I click on a torrent ( i.e the one on this page: https://f95zone.to/threads/amateursfm-collection-2023-06-10-amateursfm.163185/), Firefox opens it like a text file. When I try to right click and save the link it associates it as a text file as one. The same thing happens when I open the torrent link and try to save the page.

There is no torrent file association in my Firefox settings. And when I go to a completely different site, Firefox opens a .torrent site in my client no problem. Does anyone have any ideas?

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
I am having an issue that (as far as I notice) is only happening on this site. When I click on a torrent ( i.e the one on this page: https://f95zone.to/threads/amateursfm-collection-2023-06-10-amateursfm.163185/), Firefox opens it like a text file. When I try to right click and save the link it associates it as a text file as one. The same thing happens when I open the torrent link and try to save the page.

There is no torrent file association in my Firefox settings. And when I go to a completely different site, Firefox opens a .torrent site in my client no problem. Does anyone have any ideas?
right click, save as.

Reactions: c3p0

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
Save as, but if your not getting a .torrent change the default save as type from txt to all files. Or with the AmateurSFM collection there's that magnet hash, copy it and (with qBittorrent) use add torrent link.

Reactions: Meaning Less

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Tried that. But thank you for posting
Oh, i'm sorry - I didn't realise you'd already tried that :(
I think Sam can make a change to the mime.types to add .torrents like so application/x-bittorrent but I'm not sure that's something F95 would want to do.

Fission Mailed

Modder
Nov 27, 2017
FF shouldn't be opening torrents in the first place. Check Settings->Home->Apps to see if FF is set to open torrents.
Windows could be set to use FF to open torrents too, Start->Settings->Apps->Default Apps

iball

Aug 4, 2017
FF shouldn't be opening torrents in the first place. Check Settings->Home->Apps to see if FF is set to open torrents.
Windows could be set to use FF to open torrents too, Start->Settings->Apps->Default Apps

No, as I mentioned torrent is not listed in the firefox apps section. Also my windows default app for torrent is my client. This is the only site where this happens lol.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
This is the only site where this happens lol.
That happens with everyone using the page you linked... Even with other browsers.

As already stated just right click the link then "save linked content as" then open the downloaded .torrent file with your favorite torrent client.
1687156568221.png

iball

Aug 4, 2017
That happens with everyone using the page you linked... Even with other browsers.

As already stated just right click the link then "save linked content as" then open the downloaded .torrent file with your favorite torrent client.
Thanks. it makes me feel better that others have the same issue. I was doing this already but thought it was annoying, so I hoped there was something I overlooked in fixing it. Thanks to all who posted.