2D First attempt NSFW artwork for possible future game. Looking for feedback.

Hengeyokai

Apr 5, 2019
Hi. This is my first attempt at creating NSFW art (Nami from OP). Please give me your thoughts on how this could be improved and also if you would like to see a 2D (possibly animated) adult game with this type of artstyle in the future.

(Edited: I've added some additional details and shadows to the face area)

3.png

Last edited:

artistx

Aug 13, 2020
Looks good although I'm not a fan of the gradient shading.. flat shadowing/shading would fit the anime's style better and be easier to animate when you eventually get to that part.

Reactions: Hengeyokai

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
I think the biggest issue here is that it looks like the face was slapped onto the body and hair. Everything has so much dimension in it that it makes the face stick out. So, I'd either go with entirely flat shading, or make sure the styles matches throughout. And, to that end, make sure you can efficiently create your chosen style before diving into a full-fledged project with it.

Reactions: Hengeyokai

Hengeyokai

Apr 5, 2019
Looks good although I'm not a fan of the gradient shading.. flat shadowing/shading would fit the anime's style better and be easier to animate when you eventually get to that part.
Thanks. I'm still considering between both styles. Personally I prefer gradient shading, even if it's not exactly the style of this particular anime. You are right, flat shading is probably easier to animate and less time consuming. I haven't really got to that part yet, but there are programs like Live2D, which allows some good effects with gradient shaded/very detailed artworks.

Last edited:

Hengeyokai

Apr 5, 2019
I think the biggest issue here is that it looks like the face was slapped onto the body and hair. Everything has so much dimension in it that it makes the face stick out. So, I'd either go with entirely flat shading, or make sure the styles matches throughout. And, to that end, make sure you can efficiently create your chosen style before diving into a full-fledged project with it.
Thanks for the feedback. I've added some details to the face area. It's still a work in progress at the moment. Like you've mentioned, it's important to settle with particular style before starting a project. It's exactly what I want to do and the reason why I've posted here.

Reactions: MissFortune