VN - Ren'Py - First Date [v1.3] [GrimCiri]

1. 4.00 star(s)

B0YAR

Not bad, but very vanilla, besides, for the piquancy of the situation, there is not enough dilemma with a slight touch of drama. The main character accepts Sam's secret too easily, it does not excite consciousness, there is no overcoming taboos and accepting something new, unknown, which should spur excitement. The main character behaves like a gigolo, too confident and easily agrees to everything, as if he deals with it almost every day. As a trial project, it's pretty good, but in addition to the technique of execution, try to be a bit of a screenwriter, think through the nuances of the story so that it excites. According to the 10-point system, 7 out of 10. I wish you success in new projects!
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Bugbear32

Rating a 4 but that comes with caveats.

First the good: It is surprisingly rare to find a game with a trans love interest where the issue is treated properly. There's no transphobia here, there's no degrading or misgendering or any shit like that. So kudos to the dev for that. Also, Sam is adorable. I really liked her and I would have liked to spend more time with her. The dialogue is well written too - it's awkward but intentionally so.

Now the bad: This is super short. It's basically one scene and the only decisions are "do you want to see this content?" Due to the length of the game, it's impossible not to feel like things escalated too quickly. Lastly, this, like so many other games on this site, suffers from "douche bag MC syndrome." Like, he's not a colossal asshole, but he's clearly a d-bag fratboy type and I do not see what Sam could possibly see in him.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

jessi420

It's wild how you can have a desire as simple as "I want a game in which I can put my penis inside a girl who has a penis, ideally while romancing her in some way" and yet if you click on the "futa/trans" tag here on F95 probably less than 2% of the results will be anything like that. Instead you mostly get Japanese games about some poor futa sorceress protagonist who's getting raped by monsters and tentacles, Japanese games about some poor female knight who's getting raped by futas and monsters and tentacles, Western games about the sissification of the protagonist, Western games about some guy getting dominated by big futas with 50cm dicks... Granted there are also those feature-rich games with 20+hours of content that might include some minor futa character somewhere that you can top, although usually just as a side thing with few scenes and not much story.

What I'm getting at is that First Date and games like First Date are an oasis in the desert.

The only downside to First Date is that it's a really short and very simple game. It's definitely amateurish, and it could benefit from a bit of proofreading, but at the same time I must say it seems the scenes here have better flow and more soul than a lot of other games floating around.

For a first effort this shows a ton of potential and I really look forward to the dev's next game(s) assuming they choose to continue making games with trans love interests.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Bruce F. Lee

This was far better than I expected it to be for a single date night. If you like trans content, this is a must play. The LI is sweet and appears realistic. I hope this developer keeps going and does a lengthier game.
  5. 1.00 star(s)

Gave this one a shot b/c of the tags. The girl was cute, loved the trans option, and that's where the positives stop. This writing in this game is at a middle-school level at best. Dialogue is brutal, nothing is punctuated or capitalized, and there's zero flow to it. It was off-putting (for me) to the point where the game was not worth playing.
  6. 3.00 star(s)

Iamthegoldengod

It doesn't have all the bells and whistles, but it has the spirit.

Ever have that one pair of jeans that might be a bit worn out, have rough edges, and might be missing a buckle or two....but you just can't seem to give up on it, infact..you are more than happy to use it everyday so often. That's sort of the feeling I get here.

Overview: a date with a gal or a trap (same model just different equipment down south) who has a crush on you...it rolls over to her bedroom...you get the gist.

It's the dev's first title, a bit short (both trap and cis female path can be done in 30min max), but it excels in one aspect which is conveying the feels in a short amount of time......but here's my suggestions on how that can be further improved:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Overall, this title was enjoyable. It's average at best which is actually really good considering it's their first attempt.

Goodluck dev :)
  7. 5.00 star(s)

alexa.tv

Many people here needs more games with trans girls. This is a good start for such a game! It must continue for sure! Cant wait for the next update! Good luck with it and make us happy with a long game! Cheers! :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Witocaj

Really enjoyed it for what it is, a short demo type. The model of the LI (trans) is quite good and at least quite realistic, a rarety it feels like for trans/futa games. I really hope she's used again in the dev's future plans, whether it be a new game or an expansion of this. Things I would suggest working on are some of the camera angles and the smoothness of animations.
  9. 4.00 star(s)

datarelay

First Date is a short VN about a guy having a date with this adorable girl that has a thing for him. The game doesn't waste much time and goes right to the action after a couple of romantic back and forth and background talk. It does what it's supposed to do in a very good way, delivering a short story with sweetness and good scenes that allow some kind of variability. The models are good but nothing special. Sam's face and eyes are specially well detailed even though dev decided to make her a little chubby. If you are into VNs and alternative girls, I recommend this one since it delivers very well its short story. It's not something extraordinary, just a nicely done visual novel.
  10. 3.00 star(s)

LeHenry

I played this game by picking the "I'm feeling lucky" option. I ended up getting the futa path of this game, and was honestly surprised by the... inconsitency of it all. When it was time to get down to having sex, the... futa penis was completely gone. I don't understand why there would even be a futa path to begin with.

Other than that the game is alright, the writing has some grammar errors that are not entirely distracting, and there are some clipping errors in the renders here and there. not bad for a first attempt at game development.

I do hope that your next works will be more consistent if you are going to insist on having futa be part of your repetoire. the dick needs to be there and not disappear when the sex starts.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

msTeph

Beautiful female character design and cute short story for a first project, but what really won me over was the dev commentary, which offers nice insight. Will definitely be on the look out for future projects!!
  12. 5.00 star(s)

aniki_math

I'm been enjoying those short and sweet games with just one longer elaborated scene. Hope you guys make another game and get to some different scenarios or have even more kink. Thank you. That was pretty fun.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

TuturuNisa

You know, for a first game this is actually pretty impressive. i usually do not write any reviews, but after playing the game and watching the dev commentary, I just wanted to write one.
    Yes some stuff can be better, and the flow of some of the writting can be improved (even she says as much in the dev commentary, though i can also tell, this is much better than your think compared to a lot ofgames in this site). You can clearly see the passion put into it, and thats the best way to make something creative you want to do.
    I really like the parts were grimciri was, hey im not a fan of foot fetish (or squirting) so i hope it was sexy for people that like it. That is really commendable. Also, as someone that has a foot fetish, but only of actually good looking feet, which is not typical IRL lol this was really nice.
    And clearly grimciri like dick girls, as that was the originalversion only, so my tuiip my hatshe actually worked more to include the non dick version for people that dont enjoy it like myself. Like thats major props.

And at first I was not geling too much with the shyness of Sam, as it reminded me of my real girlfriend, and that type of shyness can sometime be a real problem, but when she changed to sex crazed, damn, that was really sexy. Also her body type being realisticwas actually a turn on.

I have to add, the old tongue blowjob at the end of the dev commentary was really great and I would have liked if it had been in the main game.

Hope we can see more games from you, with a bigger cast and different type of personalities. Also dont worry, if you do a bigger cast, you dont need to make so many individual renders for eas line. Dont get me wrong, it feels great, but it works in a smaller type of game like this and I dont want you to get overworked becuase of that.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Jboy86

So it's a relatively short story but it's still an enjoyable VN, for me Sam is the main selling point. It's such a refreshing change of pace to have an averagely proportioned girl in one of these games. Overall, really good!
  15. 5.00 star(s)

wankingbastard

Very sweet, short and cute.
    Sometimes you feel like having a three course meal and sometimes you feel like having a sandwich, this game is a great sandwich.
    Would love to see a continuation of the story, Sam is ridiculously cute and I would love to play with her again.

Small notes:
    - Her eyes look amazing in several renders.
    - I like the tiny bits of dirty talk in it, but more dirty talk is always better :)
    - Maybe use some lube for the back door action, especially if the lady is a virgin, it's the gentlemanly thing to do ;)
  16. 4.00 star(s)

anon280

Version: v1.1

What every guy wants on a first date with a sexually deprived shy girl

Visuals
    • decent lighting and texture quality
    • nice pear body on FMC
    • a lot of expression in her face - some illustrating the lust of FMC
    • graphical issues - some unpolished features:
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    Animation
    • short bits of animation which are well done
      • some have lower framerates than others but overall there's life in the animation
    Sex
    • at least half of the playthrough is focused on the sex which is fantastic
    • the personality of the characters are merged with the scenes
    • some small choices on how you want to fuck her in
    • scenes were hot, especially how it flowed rather than feel random
      • the animations, even the simple 2 frame ones did their job
    • not enough scenes with her ass and honestly was disappointed it didn't look fatter and softer - the dress lied to me
    • short content :(
    Writing
    • wholesome plot
      • kind characters
    • just enough dialogue to ground scenes
    Technical
    • option to choose woman/futa/leave it as a surprise
    • nice use of animated text but not excessive either
    • no sound
    • there should have a loop back to old render menu to view the rest rather than the game ending (in dev commentary pt)
    • a lot of typos
    • 2 major bugs during sex scene

Decent game with heart put in it. Renders are mostly good. The way the sex progressed from foreplay to orgasms were great. I like the dev commentary playthrough.