First game Classic Visual Novel or Cinematic Daz3d

Classic Visual Novel

• Total voters

forzato

Jul 17, 2018
I have been writing my first visual novel story for over a year now when I have spare time and I'm wondering the general opinion of art format. There are two styles that I personally prefer and must decide. The classic format like Good Girl Gone Bad where the characters are similar to sprites with a background scene. There would still be renders for major choices or scenes but this would increase the amount of content per update. The other common way with Daz3d is to render out every image and create more of a cinematic experience but lately this has led to multiple month production releases and a much slower story progression. The other downside is there are less major choices and branches since every path needs to be rendered separately doubling or tripping time.

Fliptoynk

Nov 9, 2018
why not buy 4 cheap-ass SBC's and set them up a cluster as a render farm? it'll render your animations much faster.

Hadley

Sep 18, 2017
I have no clue what Good Girl Gone Bad is, but Being a DIK is OK if you replace the Story.

trylater

Aug 29, 2020
Good Girl Gone Bad is so far the (one of the) best game - i prefer Daz3d Style but if you have a great story:
It doesn't matter what style you choose (in my opinion).